Unbelievable processing time!!

ufukdtan

Feb 2, 2010
Hi to all,
Here is my application timelines
Sent app on Oct 2013
Passed test April 2014
Since then I didn't hear anything from them. Not even RQ
I asked Atip/sent them mail/cic sent to local office another mail(for what's going on my application)
Still no news.
Any ideas, what I should do?
Thanks.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ufukdtan said:
Hi to all,
Sent app on Oct 2013
Passed test April 2014
I asked Atip/sent them mail/cic sent to local office another mail(for what's going on my application)
Still no news.
Thanks.
I actually thought, from the subject, that it will be another unbelievably fast timeline from some fake members..
What is your local office ? if it's St.Clair, just relax and "enjoy" the ride with me and another 100K backlogged applicants... there is absolutely nothing you can do

walmzd

Star Member
May 27, 2012
One of my friends in Ottawa applied for citizenship in May-2015 and attended the oath in Oct-2015. He works with me and I know him in person.
Your case is weird!

ufukdtan said:
It s in Ottawa. Whoever applied after me,they became citizen.

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
walmzd said:
One of my friends in Ottawa applied for citizenship in May-2015 and attended the oath in Oct-2015. He works with me and I know him in person.
Your case is weird!
This thread is yelling: Call and yell at them and use the word 'Mandamus'...

mwabu1976

Mar 10, 2014
Don't feel bad about it. just think about my case and you will feel better.

I sent my application back in Sep-2010 .. Yes, Sep-2010 and it is not over yet...

My application got lots of details anyway and when I have the time I will write about it.

heeradeepak

Jun 1, 2014
ufukdtan said:
Hi to all,
Sent app on Oct 2013
Passed test April 2014
Still no news.
Thanks.
You can find many many applicants in this forum who got RQ and waited 3 to 4 years for oath but without RQ means file is under dust only. CIC is unpredictable any thing could happen and they doesnt care about any one.

mwabu1976

Mar 10, 2014
heeradeepak said:
You can find many many applicants in this forum who got RQ and waited 3 to 4 years for oath but without RQ means file is under dust only. CIC is unpredictable any thing could happen and they doesnt care about any one.
I agree.. Your file is forgoten by the CIC. Try to get your MP involved in this.

Grilka

Nov 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What about speaking to an agent on the phone. They usually are useless, but you may try. Just don't let them of the hook, demand an answer. Don't forget you payed hefty sum for this "service".

I know how you feel. I am waiting from 2012. You are not alone and we root for you like any other person here who's life is in limbo thanks to CIC.

CANADAPATRIOT

Star Member
Feb 28, 2016
ufukdtan said:
Hi to all,
Sent app on Oct 2013
Passed test April 2014
Still no news.
Thanks.
which office

nptfdo

May 23, 2010
I understand how frustrating delayed application processing can be.
I faced this when I applied for my PR. I applied and got my AOR within a month and then I didn't hear from CIC for the longest time. I kept on following up with them, only to receive a response that my application is in process and CIC will contact me when they have something for me. My application crossed the usual processing time and people who'd applied after me got the PR before I got mine. Even then I kept on waiting until I finally got frustrated and contacted my MP's office. MP's office immediately gave me an appointment to meet one of the assistants there. I went and the assistant called CIC Ottawa in front of me. And can you imagine what happened after that? I got a response from CIC within a couple of days. They asked for some info and then after few days asked for my passport. Everything (including PR visa stamping) was completed in less than a month of me visiting the MP's office. I felt so grateful to my awesome MP for helping me get through this.
So, I would suggest that you contact your MP. It might be real helpful.

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think your case a Mandamus application may have the desired result.

I understand there was no RQ or anything else to make your application non-routine but can you think of a reason why they are delaying it? How many days under/over 1195 did you have?

And I can honestly say I know how you feel (look at my timeline).

arambi

Aug 16, 2014
bambino said:
I think your case a Mandamus application may have the desired result.

I understand there was no RQ or anything else to make your application non-routine but can you think of a reason why they are delaying it? How many days under/over 1195 did you have?

And I can honestly say I know how you feel (look at my timeline).
Federal Court Application: Mar 16, 2015

What was your federal application about? Was it Mandamus? Did it help your application?

Thank you.

bambino

Star Member
May 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, Mandamus. It took about three days after I filed the substantive part of the application for them to call me and tell me that I've been granted citizenship.