+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unauthorized work before pgwp...Will it affect PR application under CEC?

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
Hi, did you call IRCC or ordered GCMS notes to know your status? My AOR is also Jun. When I called the other day, agent said final decision is approved, not shown in my profile though.

I also had 2 weeks of unauthorized work before applying PGWP, I didn't claim points for that work though as those were just my part time jobs. I didn't mention it in my LOE and I supposed it was fine.
I ordered GCMS notes on Sept 12th but still haven't recieved them so I called them in the starting of Oct to ask my status. It was eligubility passed, criminality passed but pending biometrics and security not started. I am planning to call again in a week or so. I guess after application is approved it go through the final review to make sure all the documents are valid like medical isn't expired or the passport. Then the COPR is sent. Don't worry you will get it within a week.

horizonj

Jun 9, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-06-2020
I ordered GCMS notes on Sept 12th but still haven't recieved them so I called them in the starting of Oct to ask my status. It was eligubility passed, criminality passed but pending biometrics and security not started. I am planning to call again in a week or so. I guess after application is approved it go through the final review to make sure all the documents are valid like medical isn't expired or the passport. Then the COPR is sent. Don't worry you will get it within a week.
Hopefully soon. My biometrics was just completed on the 19th too. So I bet your security would have passed by now.

Reactions: Angel1113

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
Hopefully soon. My biometrics was just completed on the 19th too. So I bet your security would have passed by now.
Really hope so! Will update once I hear something. =)

Placeboeffect

Oct 25, 2020
Hi folks, just wanna share an update about my application. I just got my COPR. I'd like to thank everybody in this forum for your help! I was really nervous when I was about to submit my application & very glad about the results now.

What I did about the work experience was to include it in the "personal history", but not in "employment history", in that case, the potential unauthorized work does not count towards the 12-month work experience. Also, the the system wouldn't ask supporting documents for any employment history in "personal history", because they are not a part of CRS scores. I received no message through the 6-month process until today

Please note that my experience is just one case, and if you are on the same boat, gather all the helpful information & ask for professional help if you need. I've seen people on this forum using different strategies, from being completely honest and write and LOE, to didn't even realize the unauthorized work. So please make your own choices.

Julia.jenn4

Star Member
Feb 15, 2012
I had the same situation and that work was even showed on the employment letter I submitted to IRCC. I didn't write any letter to cic explaining it. I passed my eligibility without any issue. Every case and officer is different but just wanted to share my situation. Hope it helps.
On campus ur eligible not off campus

CharlyCY

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
Burnaby, BC
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
18-02-2021
Med's Done....
13-02-2021
I worked as soon as I applied for PGWP. I just put my work experience on the profile without additional LOE. Here I just got CoPR.

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
Was it cec. Did the form ask you if you work unauthorized or overstayed.. if you put no then ,sometimes one month they overlook it. U could write a loe.how many months you worked
Yea for me it was only around 10 days.

Angel1113

Jun 6, 2019
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
24 June 2020
Med's Done....
05-06-2020
It’s not a problem write a loe. They never refused a application for 10 days, with loe just mention it’s was unintentional and not ur not claiming points on it. Or talk to a lawyer on consultation
Oh no I got my PR last year and it was approved with no problem. I just posted my situation here to guide other who might have the same situation. But thanks anyways! :)