+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

unanswered question

bids

Dec 12, 2009
has anyone here experienced having their applications returned because of forgetting to anwer one question in the application form?

this is the case: i don't have a copy of what i have submitted but i think i forgot to answer one question. it was not returned to me, and i was approved as a sponsor and they are now processing sponsored person's application.

if i will have any problems in the future (i hope not) and they will tell me that i forgot to answer that question, can i fight them back to tell them that if they knew from the beginning that there was a missing information, they should have returned my application or atleast notify me.

i'm reading the guides and they specifically say that if there is any information missing, the application will be returned to you. is this correct? or they will not return it to you even there is missing information just to mislead you and face many problems in the future?

i know that it is not right for me to think negatively right now, but i just want to clarify so i know that i will have a fighting chance just in case...

thank you very much

Ssarah183

Star Member
Jun 5, 2009
Ok I just reread your question and it seems that you are the sponsor in this case.

It depends what question you think you missed. If it pertains to your sponsoring someone then it seems CPC M doesn't see it as a problem and has approved you already.

If it pertains to something in the sponsored persons questions then it's up to the IO dealing with your case what they want to do.

bids

Dec 12, 2009
Ssarah183 said:
Ok I just reread your question and it seems that you are the sponsor in this case.

It depends what question you think you missed. If it pertains to your sponsoring someone then it seems CPC M doesn't see it as a problem and has approved you already.

If it pertains to something in the sponsored persons questions then it's up to the IO dealing with your case what they want to do.
Dear Ssarah,

ok thanks, because I am reviewing my draft and saw a question in sponsor's undertaking #9 if you have been previously married, or in a common-law or conjugal relationship, i did not check the box for yes or no, but i wrote "not applicable" to all the boxes under that question.

i think you are right, although i might have forgotten to answer this yes or no, but i have written "not applicable". And in the sponsorship evaluation forms, the same question was also brought up and i have checked the box "NO"

i just got into panic because they might think that i was in a previous marriage or relationship because of not answering that question and might complicate my sponsored partner's application.

thank you again

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The sponsorship people at Mississauga check the application for completeness. The fact that they forwarded it to the visa office shows that they found it complete.

That being said, the visa office may disagree, in which case they will get in touch with you and ask for additional information. Missing information in itself will not get you denied; only lies and false information will get you denied off the bat.

(That does not mean that you are automatically approved because your application is complete; they will still evaluate your eligibility and your relationship.)

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
Mississauga can make mistakes too. in our application my spouse mentioned that he was previously married and submitted divorce papers, and in CAIPS notes they mentioned that he was never married. I guess they check the info in the Canadian database any way before making the decision.

NYCtoNB

Star Member
Sep 12, 2008
new york city
Category........
Visa Office......
bufallo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
10-05-09
Passport Req..
02-03-10
LANDED..........
18-06-2010
i think the way they saw it was you didnt leave it unanswered because you wrote N/A that constitutes an answer... just a possibility.
but if this is the sponsorship form and you have already been approved to sponsor you're good?

bids

Dec 12, 2009
thank you all for answering my question and making me calm.

to avoid confusions i will be specific:

IMM1344EA APPLICATION TO SPONSOR AND UNDERTAKING
A. SPONSOR
QUESTION #9: HAVE YOU PREVIOUSLY BEEN MARRIED, IN COMMON-LAW OR CONJUGAL RELATIONSHIP?

- this is where i think i forgot to answer either No or Yes, but under this i've written all not applicable

IMM540E SPONSOR QUESTIONNAIRE
QUESTION #17: HAVE YOU EVER BEEN MARRIED, OR IN A COMMON-LAW OR CONJUGAL PARTNER RELATIONSHIP BEFORE

- here i answered NO

thank you all for your time. you've all been so helpful. i was already approved as a sponsor, my sponsored partner's application is in process. but sometimes paranoia hits me, i guess i'm not the only one, right?

thanks Ssarah183, NYCtoNB, Suin, Karlshammar for enlightening me...

...and dony h for making me laugh!