+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

unaccompanying spouse to accompanying spouse

Alii2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
I chose the option for not accompanying spouse when creating EE profile to get more points. However, given the drop in points, now that I have got the ITA I would still be above the minimum with my wife included in the application. Can I submit my eAPR with my wife included?

One of the senior members of the forum has already kindly answered my question and warned me against doing this. I would however appreciate as much input as I can get.

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I had a debate regarding this a while back, the issue is not regarding your CRS or eligibility in this case.

The issue is whether this can be seen as misrepresentation. Up to you to decide.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
You can add your wife but you would need to explain why you had not included your wife before and why you are adding her now. For more points isnt the ideal answer even though it was the truth. You cant change your mind at whim. it is likely to be considered as misrepresentation. You said your wife would not join in order to get an early ITA but in fact she is going to accompany you

Alii2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
DelPiero07 said:
I had a debate regarding this a while back, the issue is not regarding your CRS or eligibility in this case.

The issue is whether this can be seen as misrepresentation. Up to you to decide.
Thank you for your comment. I could explain in my LOE something like my wife wanted to study in the US but then changed her mind. However, I am too conservative to do this. I think I'll go ahead with my original response then.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Alii2017 said:
Thank you for your comment. I could explain in my LOE something like my wife wanted to study in the US but then changed her mind. However, I am too conservative to do this. I think I'll go ahead with my original response then.
you can give any response you want. it is upto CIC to decide whether to accept it or not.

Alii2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
xpressentry said:
you can give any response you want. it is upto CIC to decide whether to accept it or not.
Yes, thank you! I think I will keep my eAPR the same as EE profile and not include my wife to avoid any problem.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Alii2017 said:
Yes, thank you! I think I will keep my eAPR the same as EE profile and not include my wife to avoid any problem.
sponsoring your wife would mean you going to canada first and then finding a job and then sponsoring your wife. it can take a year or more. you and your wife will be living apart that long. think about the consequences of the long distance. if you think you can decline the ITA, add your wife and wait for the next draw, then go for it.

Alii2017

Star Member
Mar 11, 2017
xpressentry said:
sponsoring your wife would mean you going to canada first and then finding a job and then sponsoring your wife. it can take a year or more. you and your wife will be living apart that long. think about the consequences of the long distance. if you think you can decline the ITA, add your wife and wait for the next draw, then go for it.
Yes, I appreciate the advice. My wife will apply to study either in Canada or the US so the PR application won't affect our situation much.