+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to submit passport within 30 days for Visitor visa

helix9346

Nov 2, 2022
Hi,
I applied for temporary visitor visa for canada.
Today (Nov 20) I received a letter requesting to submit my passport.
I am currently in United States

However I need to make an urgent family visit on 10th of December to my home country. I will be back by 10th of January.

If I submit my passport now, I am at risk of not receiving it back in time to make it to my travel to my home country.

However, the letter requesting to submit passport mentions I need to submit letter to VAC within 30 days of receiving letter (so I have until December 20)

Can I ask IRCC/CIC for extension of 30 days in my case to submit passport?

Has anyone been in this situation?

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
Hi,
I applied for temporary visitor visa for canada.
Today (Nov 20) I received a letter requesting to submit my passport.
I am currently in United States

However I need to make an urgent family visit on 10th of December to my home country. I will be back by 10th of January.

If I submit my passport now, I am at risk of not receiving it back in time to make it to my travel to my home country.

However, the letter requesting to submit passport mentions I need to submit letter to VAC within 30 days of receiving letter (so I have until December 20)

Can I ask IRCC/CIC for extension of 30 days in my case to submit passport?

Has anyone been in this situation?
Have you checked how long does visa stamping take in US ? You can also submit your passport for stamping in Canada VO of your home country. Select your home country VO while booking appointment for passport submission. Once again check how long visa stamping takes in your country and then proceed.

helix9346

Nov 2, 2022
My home country is India.
It is unclear how much time it will take for passport stamping in US.

I cannot submit passport in my home country either because I have to return to work before Jan 10 for to resume work.

I am looking for way to get extension on submitting passport deadline

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
My home country is India.
It is unclear how much time it will take for passport stamping in US.

I cannot submit passport in my home country either because I have to return to work before Jan 10 for to resume work.

I am looking for way to get extension on submitting passport deadline
In India it is taking minimum 2 weeks sometimes more. Try calling IRCC and check. Response to webforms raised with queries also is taking a long time from IRCC. Your best option is to submit in US itself for stamping.

dinesh2008

Nov 23, 2022
You can submit your passport with premium service they charge Rs 550 for passport transmission and premium service is about Rs 3500 i think in this situation you can tey premium service in this may be you will get back your passport in 7 days but make sure submit by walk in and collect also don't take courier service

vijayar

Star Member
Sep 16, 2022
You can submit your passport with premium service they charge Rs 550 for passport transmission and premium service is about Rs 3500 i think in this situation you can tey premium service in this may be you will get back your passport in 7 days but make sure submit by walk in and collect also don't take courier service
Does VFS prioritise passport stamping for those who avail premium service ? Didn't know that. Can someone who has availed this confirm ?