+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to Register in CRA

Jan 29, 2018
Hi,

I have filed my tax returns for 2018 using HR-block online, and this is my first time filing taxes in Canada. I am unable to register through CRA account and getting error as

Error—ERR.038

We need to verify your personal information.

Could anyone of you advise how to register to CRA.

Thanks,
Senthilkumar

Reactions: pulkitkumar190

pulkitkumar190

Jan 28, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Same is for me, I am applying for 1st time, so we both need to send the paper work offline, just 1st time.
It's better to find an accountant in your town. I live in Toronto and people here are able to fill your taxes for just $20. Which is pretty good.

Jul 3, 2018
There is a simpler way, I use SimpleTax to fill my taxes, for the firs time I filled them I had to mail them in. SimpleTax and I’m sure any other software you are using allows you to print the return and mail it manually

Reactions: kushalagg

minhduc

Oct 30, 2017
I filed tax myself and mail to CRA tax center. Remember to post by registered mail to track its delivery.

Clorets90

Apr 17, 2017
How long does it take from sending the paperwork for the first time to be able to register with CRA ? I mean one day, week, month, 2 months ?

in my case I filled on 25th March 2019
Thanks

kushalagg

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Hi,

I have filed my tax returns for 2018 using HR-block online, and this is my first time filing taxes in Canada. I am unable to register through CRA account and getting error as

Error—ERR.038

We need to verify your personal information.

Could anyone of you advise how to register to CRA.

Thanks,
Senthilkumar
You are not able to create a CRA account as CRA does not have your records yet. For first time filers, online filing is not possible. You can still use an online software to compute your taxes, but you will need to save the forms take a print and mail them to CRA instead of using NETFILE to file online.