+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to provide police check - will CIC be ok with the following?

ishty

Mar 28, 2017
Please HELP! I uploaded the following explanation letter with attachments-
"
This letter will focus on my effort to obtain the police clearance from China. I lived in China for about 10 months, 7 months in Fujian (Fuzhou) for MBA coursework and 3 months in Shandong (Zoucheng and Jining) for my internship. To that note, I would like to additionally add that I am yet to finish my thesis; therefore I have not completed the program yet. Sometime during the next 2 years I will finish my thesis and attend the convocation. I am now living and working in my home country as the program allows me to complete the thesis from a distance. A provisional mark sheet of my MBA is attached below along with the JW202 form if that is of any importance to you. When I left China, I did not know much about the required documents to apply for Canada immigration and left without obtaining the police clearance certificate. Afterwards, when I came to know that it is required of me to get a police clearance certificate from China, I tried several means to obtain it. However, I could not obtain it at the end.

I contacted 3 different agencies that can arrange police clearance from China. Two agencies said they cannot help me in this regard. Another agency said they cannot help me in getting the police clearance but they will provide an explanation letter for a huge sum of money. I ignored them as they asked for an absurd price, even if they cannot provide me with the police clearance certificate. You will find the email correspondences with the three companies below.

I asked help from a friend in China to collect the police clearance certificate on my behalf. I sent him an authorization letter, a copy of my passport, and temporary resident permit. He took all these to the Fuzhou police station. The police told me that they require my fingerprints attested by the Chinese embassy. Accordingly, I got my fingerprints on a paper from the Criminal Investigation Department of Bangladesh Police and took it for attestation to the China embassy in Bangladesh. There, the officer told me that the embassy does not offer such service. My fingerprint document is attached below.

Flying to China was not possible for me for three reasons- Cost, Full-time job; and Having nobody in China to assist me in this regard. I and my wife are saving up for our life in Canada. In such circumstances, it is quite difficult for us to manage additional finances to travel to China. I assume it would be very costly considering getting a visa, short notice air travel, hotel accommodation and uncertain processing time. In addition, I do not know for sure if the police clearance will cover the whole duration of my stay in China. Furthermore, it was also not possible for me to do all these while having a full time job. The friend I had in China, moved to Switzerland for his masters, whom I needed to assist me in getting the police clearance certificate as English is not widely spoken in China and it is very difficult for a foreigner to get things done in China if he does not know how to speak Chinese or does not have a friend to translate for him.

In continuation, please take this letter as my sworn statement that I was never arrested, charged or convicted during my stay in China from 7th March, 2015 to 19th December, 2015. I was a resident, abided by the law, for the duration of my stay. Please consider my situation and advise accordingly."

Today, CIC asked me for to provide the PCC from China, which is quite impossible for me right now. They gave me 60 days and if I fail to meet the deadline, they will process my application without the PCC. They might accept, or they might even reject. Please share your opinions. Thanks in advance.

ALTaylor

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Hello,

I had a similar situation. I could obtain one PCC for Beijing at a reasonable cost. I could not find a company in Shenzhen that could do it except one but they charge foreigners ten times more than they should (so typical!). Besides, I was missing some paperwork this company required (as you know every province has different rules!). My affidavit was worded in a similar fashion to your one and accepted, but l do feel that every individual case is different.

I think it would be acceptable to explain that you have a full-time job and therefore it is difficult to find the time to travel there. Possibly I would not focus so much on the cost of travelling to China and your financial situation, even though it is a huge expense, but that's up to you.

The language barrier is a difficult hurdle to overcome. In addition, the Chinese government make it very difficult for foreigners who have returned home to obtain a PCC and should have a proper system in place by now. Not many people have the time or money to fly there in the hopes of finding an English-speaking official who could possibly help them (but probably not!). I would never have travelled to China if I knew that it would be so hard to get PCCs from them. They must keep comprehensive records of all foreigners who travel there so I find it completely unacceptable. Perhaps in cases like these, the Canadian government will check personal records with the Chinese government.

The advice in this thread was extremely helpful to me. I feel for you because it's really stressful to go through this. Just trust that everything will go smoothly... and I am sure it will. Everything you have written sounds reasonable to me and I'm sure the immigration officials understand that the Chinese PCC is a tough one to obtain! One thing you could do is phone CIC and ask them what should do do before you submit the application. I thought about doing that but then just decided to submit my application and see what happened. I hoped they would contact me for further information if required and not outright reject it. Thankfully, it was accepted without having to supply further documentation.

Please let us know how it goes as so few post what happened at the end of the process. I wish you the best of luck! Now back to work for me...

ishty

Mar 28, 2017
Hello,

I had a similar situation. I could obtain one PCC for Beijing at a reasonable cost. I could not find a company in Shenzhen that could do it except one but they charge foreigners ten times more than they should (so typical!). Besides, I was missing some paperwork this company required (as you know every province has different rules!). My affidavit was worded in a similar fashion to your one and accepted, but l do feel that every individual case is different.

I think it would be acceptable to explain that you have a full-time job and therefore it is difficult to find the time to travel there. Possibly I would not focus so much on the cost of travelling to China and your financial situation, even though it is a huge expense, but that's up to you.

The language barrier is a difficult hurdle to overcome. In addition, the Chinese government make it very difficult for foreigners who have returned home to obtain a PCC and should have a proper system in place by now. Not many people have the time or money to fly there in the hopes of finding an English-speaking official who could possibly help them (but probably not!). I would never have travelled to China if I knew that it would be so hard to get PCCs from them. They must keep comprehensive records of all foreigners who travel there so I find it completely unacceptable. Perhaps in cases like these, the Canadian government will check personal records with the Chinese government.

The advice in this thread was extremely helpful to me. I feel for you because it's really stressful to go through this. Just trust that everything will go smoothly... and I am sure it will. Everything you have written sounds reasonable to me and I'm sure the immigration officials understand that the Chinese PCC is a tough one to obtain! One thing you could do is phone CIC and ask them what should do do before you submit the application. I thought about doing that but then just decided to submit my application and see what happened. I hoped they would contact me for further information if required and not outright reject it. Thankfully, it was accepted without having to supply further documentation.

Please let us know how it goes as so few post what happened at the end of the process. I wish you the best of luck! Now back to work for me...
Thank you for your reply. Hope all goes well. Will definitely inform you about the result of my case.

Reactions: ALTaylor

ALTaylor

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Congratulations! I went through a similar stressful experience. All the best for your new journey ahead. :)

manikandan.m

Nov 22, 2019
Guys, I have received PPR yesterday. Thank you so much for sharing your experiences.
Hi
I have the similar situation. I obtained china PCC for work visa period only and my application is rejected for PCC not covering entire stay.
Please help what worked out for you?

vvvickyllll

Star Member
Dec 13, 2015
Hello,

Hi, could you let me know the company in Shenzhen that said they could do it?

D.luffy

Feb 12, 2020
Category........
Other
hello every one, I have been asked to provide ppc from uae, and I wasn't able to obtain it,as I understand I have to write an explanation letter, but I don't know what to write in the letter, so would you please guide me and advise me,