+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to provide police check - will CIC be ok with the following?

dmac

Mar 9, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-01-2016
AOR Received.
3-03-2016
File Transfer...
8-03-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
No, thank goodness.
Passport Req..
28-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-09-2016
LANDED..........
09-28-2016
Getting the police cert from China is a massive hassle, and the process differs city-to-city (even district-to-district). To cover my wife's 7-year period of continued study in two universities located (literally) across the street from one another we had to get two certs done because, apparently they were in different districts. Even the certs themselves (each of them one half of an a4 paper) look ridiculous and unofficial. It took us two full weeks of going from the university to various police offices to get it done. After getting the certs, we got them authenticated and translated at a notary public (which seem to have much more power in China than they do in Canada).

It looks like you covered your bases well. I expect the cic is aware of how silly the applicatuon process is for a foreigner to get the police cert in China.

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
dmac said:
Getting the police cert from China is a massive hassle, and the process differs city-to-city (even district-to-district). To cover my wife's 7-year period of continued study in two universities located (literally) across the street from one another we had to get two certs done because, apparently they were in different districts. Even the certs themselves (each of them one half of an a4 paper) look ridiculous and unofficial. It took us two full weeks of going from the university to various police offices to get it done. After getting the certs, we got them authenticated and translated at a notary public (which seem to have much more power in China than they do in Canada).

It looks like you covered your bases well. I expect the cic is aware of how silly the applicatuon process is for a foreigner to get the police cert in China.
Thanks for the message! Yeah its a huge hassle. Seems like it'll take a long time to get everything sorted. Time i dont have.

Im banking on the fact that their website says to get someone to do it for you and i cant.

badpusacat

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FeDex-ed 26-06-13
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014/FeDex-ed 26-10
IELTS Request
included in the application
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Interview........
29-09-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2014
LANDED..........
July 2015
HELLO EVERYONE! I need your advice regarding police check please...

My husband (applicant) worked in Sudan (2009-2012) and Saudi Arabia (2013-2015). He is now in the Philippines.

Unfortunately, the Sudan consulate in the Philippines doesn't issue police clearance only an official letter that says that they don't issue police clearance. I called Sudan embassy in Canada and they said that he has to contact the nearest embassy in his location. In my husband's case, it's Malaysia. We contacted them and they need my husband to apply in person. They also need the passport used for Sudan and since it's expired and misplaced already, we dont have any document from Sudan other than an employment certificate.

For Saudi, as stated in the CIC website, it's not possible for non residents to get police clearance from that country.

I'm just worried because he is missing two police clearances. Any other suggestion? Please help!

Gary_87

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2013
Victoria, BC
VISA ISSUED...
21-11-2016
LANDED..........
03-04-2017
badpusacat said:
HELLO EVERYONE! I need your advice regarding police check please...

My husband (applicant) worked in Sudan (2009-2012) and Saudi Arabia (2013-2015). He is now in the Philippines.

Unfortunately, the Sudan consulate in the Philippines doesn't issue police clearance only an official letter that says that they don't issue police clearance. I called Sudan embassy in Canada and they said that he has to contact the nearest embassy in his location. In my husband's case, it's Malaysia. We contacted them and they need my husband to apply in person. They also need the passport used for Sudan and since it's expired and misplaced already, we dont have any document from Sudan other than an employment certificate.

For Saudi, as stated in the CIC website, it's not possible for non residents to get police clearance from that country.

I'm just worried because he is missing two police clearances. Any other suggestion? Please help!
If he is unable to get a police check then include a reason why you cant and then evidence that you have tried. If you have only made phone calls, start sending some emails so you can record the answers and then include them in your application. For my China one, I emailed the Canadian, British and Australian consulates in my Chinese city and they all said I'd have to go there in person. I included these as proof that I couldn't get a company or a friend to do it for me. I also included proof of not being able to travel to China to get it as I am on a student visa which restricts me from being absent from my courses.

starlingbell

Sep 14, 2016
Difficulty in obtaining police certificate for SUDAN

I desperately need your advice on my difficulty to obtain Police Certificate for Sudan

Hello everyone,

I am newbie applicant from the Philippines, i am in the e-APR stage of my application. My husband stayed in Sudan for a year for his stint as a representative from the Philippines in the UN Peacekeeping Mission. We have applied for permanent resident just this year but we were cancelled because we did not provide police certificate for Sudan because we missed the fact that we should provide police certificate for overseas stay for more than 6 months. We did our application on our own and the police certificate was a major oversight. Fortunately I am back on track however I am having a hard time obtaining police certificate from Sudan. The Sudan Consulate in the Philippines told us that they can't provide what we are asking for and that we should go to Sudan personally.

So my husband went to the nearest embassy of Sudan abroad and that is Malaysia. My husband flew to Malaysia just to get a police certificate. He submitted his fingerprints and all other requirements and they said they would sent it to the Ministry of Interior in Sudan to be processed, however until now, there is no clear indication that we can get the police certificate on time. We emailed them but we only got an automatic reply and nothing else even after a month. We called the Sudan Embassy Malaysia exactly a month after my husband processed his police certificate (which is also challenging because of the communication barrier) and he was told that they have not sent the documents to the Ministry of Interior, Sudan. We called again a week after then they said that they have already sent it and we should call them after two weeks. The person from the Embassy also told us if we have somebody in Sudan to make a follow up on our police certificate but we don't know anyone there.

My question: Is there somebody who have similar experience with mine, Sudan police certificate in particular and what they did to pass. I have only 30 more days left before the deadline of my e-APR and if I can't get the police certificate, please give me advice on what to do. Please help me I don't want to be cancelled again. It was a very devastating feeling.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
Keep all proof of your attempts to get the police certificate, and all correspondence with Sudanese authorities. Then if you do not get the police certificate in time, send in this proof with an explanation of all you have done to get it, and that you were not able to do so.

badpusacat

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FeDex-ed 26-06-13
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Interview........
29-09-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2014
LANDED..........
July 2015
Re: Difficulty in obtaining police certificate for SUDAN

starlingbell said:
I desperately need your advice on my difficulty to obtain Police Certificate for Sudan

Hello everyone,

I am newbie applicant from the Philippines, i am in the e-APR stage of my application. My husband stayed in Sudan for a year for his stint as a representative from the Philippines in the UN Peacekeeping Mission. We have applied for permanent resident just this year but we were cancelled because we did not provide police certificate for Sudan because we missed the fact that we should provide police certificate for overseas stay for more than 6 months. We did our application on our own and the police certificate was a major oversight. Fortunately I am back on track however I am having a hard time obtaining police certificate from Sudan. The Sudan Consulate in the Philippines told us that they can't provide what we are asking for and that we should go to Sudan personally.

So my husband went to the nearest embassy of Sudan abroad and that is Malaysia. My husband flew to Malaysia just to get a police certificate. He submitted his fingerprints and all other requirements and they said they would sent it to the Ministry of Interior in Sudan to be processed, however until now, there is no clear indication that we can get the police certificate on time. We emailed them but we only got an automatic reply and nothing else even after a month. We called the Sudan Embassy Malaysia exactly a month after my husband processed his police certificate (which is also challenging because of the communication barrier) and he was told that they have not sent the documents to the Ministry of Interior, Sudan. We called again a week after then they said that they have already sent it and we should call them after two weeks. The person from the Embassy also told us if we have somebody in Sudan to make a follow up on our police certificate but we don't know anyone there.

My question: Is there somebody who have similar experience with mine, Sudan police certificate in particular and what they did to pass. I have only 30 more days left before the deadline of my e-APR and if I can't get the police certificate, please give me advice on what to do. Please help me I don't want to be cancelled again. It was a very devastating feeling.
Hello there,

My husband worked in Sudan before and he is in the Philippines now. We are applying for his spousal sponsorship. Same with your situation, until now we don't have PCC from Sudan. We are May 2016 applicants and so far we are on the PPR stage. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will go thru as planned. Below are the steps that we have taken.

1. May2016 - Prior to submitting our application, we went to Sudan Consulate in the Philippines. They just gave us a letter stating that they don't issue PCC. We submitted that in our application with an explanation letter why we don't have the actual PCC.

2. After submitting the application, we did not stop trying to get PCC from possible contacts/friends who knows someone in Sudan. Unfortunately, we didn't have any luck.

3. July2016 - We got our AOR2 and on the list of the documents that we need to submit is PCC. Once again I asked my husband to go back to the consulate in the Philippines and ask for an updated letter (same letter, different date) that they don't issue PCC. We submitted a letter of explanation again stating the efforts that we did to be able to get PCC like calling the embassy, asking help from friends who has contact in Sudan, and others. We also added that the letter is a sworn statement that my husband has a good and clean record in the duration of his stay in Sudan.

4. September2016 - Because I'm a worrier, we went to Malaysia in Sudan Embassy and applied for PCC. Same with you, they informed us that there is no "guarantee" if it will be done or when it will be done because we don't know anyone who can help us in Sudan.

5. October2016 - We got PPR (passport request) and based on "trends" in Manila visa office, we are expecting for visa soon. *hoping and praying*

I hope it helps. Goodluck.

starlingbell

Sep 14, 2016

badpusacat said:
Hello there,

My husband worked in Sudan before and he is in the Philippines now. We are applying for his spousal sponsorship. Same with your situation, until now we don't have PCC from Sudan. We are May 2016 applicants and so far we are on the PPR stage. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this will go thru as planned. Below are the steps that we have taken.

1. May2016 - Prior to submitting our application, we went to Sudan Consulate in the Philippines. They just gave us a letter stating that they don't issue PCC. We submitted that in our application with an explanation letter why we don't have the actual PCC.

2. After submitting the application, we did not stop trying to get PCC from possible contacts/friends who knows someone in Sudan. Unfortunately, we didn't have any luck.

3. July2016 - We got our AOR2 and on the list of the documents that we need to submit is PCC. Once again I asked my husband to go back to the consulate in the Philippines and ask for an updated letter (same letter, different date) that they don't issue PCC. We submitted a letter of explanation again stating the efforts that we did to be able to get PCC like calling the embassy, asking help from friends who has contact in Sudan, and others. We also added that the letter is a sworn statement that my husband has a good and clean record in the duration of his stay in Sudan.

4. September2016 - Because I'm a worrier, we went to Malaysia in Sudan Embassy and applied for PCC. Same with you, they informed us that there is no "guarantee" if it will be done or when it will be done because we don't know anyone who can help us in Sudan.

5. October2016 - We got PPR (passport request) and based on "trends" in Manila visa office, we are expecting for visa soon. *hoping and praying*

I hope it helps. Goodluck.
Thank you so much for sharing your experience, I am so happy to read your reply. Ma'am I hope I am not asking too much, is it possible that you can share to me your letter of explanation to CIC through my email (starlingbell888@gmail.com) as my guide in my letter of explanation and the steps that you did. I keep praying that I will find somebody who can help me with this. With your reply I am now certain that there is still hope in my application. Congratulations and I will pray that you will get your visa soon. Thank you so much.

badpusacat

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FeDex-ed 26-06-13
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Interview........
29-09-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2014
LANDED..........
July 2015

starlingbell said:
Thank you so much for sharing your experience, I am so happy to read your reply. Ma'am I hope I am not asking too much, is it possible that you can share to me your letter of explanation to CIC through my email (starlingbell888@gmail.com) as my guide in my letter of explanation and the steps that you did. I keep praying that I will find somebody who can help me with this. With your reply I am now certain that there is still hope in my application. Congratulations and I will pray that you will get your visa soon. Thank you so much.
Of course, there is hope. I have reviewed so much about this topic because like you, I was so worried that it might cause of "refusal" of our application. I've learned that as long as you have strong proof that you tried everything and yet it is almost impossible to get one, CIC most of the time considers it.

I won't be able to email it to you within this week because I don't have the files with me. I might be able to email it last week of October. Otherwise, you can compose your own letter: (1) explain your situation (2) enumerate the steps that you have taken in trying to get Sudan PCC - with proofs if possible like documents, email, or chat conversations.

The steps that I have listed in my previous reply are the only steps that we have taken.

Goodluck!

starlingbell

Sep 14, 2016

badpusacat said:
Of course, there is hope. I have reviewed so much about this topic because like you, I was so worried that it might cause of "refusal" of our application. I've learned that as long as you have strong proof that you tried everything and yet it is almost impossible to get one, CIC most of the time considers it.

I won't be able to email it to you within this week because I don't have the files with me. I might be able to email it last week of October. Otherwise, you can compose your own letter: (1) explain your situation (2) enumerate the steps that you have taken in trying to get Sudan PCC - with proofs if possible like documents, email, or chat conversations.

The steps that I have listed in my previous reply are the only steps that we have taken.

Goodluck!

Thank you for your kind reply ma'am. Right now I am starting to compose my explanation with regard to the steps I have taken in getting the PCC. I would like to clarify with regard to the sworn statement that your husband has a clean record while staying Sudan. Is this included in the explanation itself or another separate letter? Or did the Consulate of Sudan in the Philippines provided you with a separate letter stating therein that he has a clean record? Also I my husband was able to get a copy of the documents (fingerprints etc by Sudan Embassy Malaysia) submitted to the Sudan Ministry of Interior which are all in Arabic and I believe I need to have these documents translated. Have you experienced documents which needed to be translated? Do you know a reliable translator here in the Philippines? Ma'am my prayer is that like you, I can achieve my dream of bringing my family to Canada. Your guidance will spell a big difference in my application. I know you are a very busy person and because of that I am very thankful of your replies....with much gratitude.

badpusacat

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FeDex-ed 26-06-13
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Interview........
29-09-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2014
LANDED..........
July 2015
starlingbell said:
Thank you for your kind reply ma'am. Right now I am starting to compose my explanation with regard to the steps I have taken in getting the PCC. I would like to clarify with regard to the sworn statement that your husband has a clean record while staying Sudan. Is this included in the explanation itself or another separate letter? Or did the Consulate of Sudan in the Philippines provided you with a separate letter stating therein that he has a clean record? Also I my husband was able to get a copy of the documents (fingerprints etc by Sudan Embassy Malaysia) submitted to the Sudan Ministry of Interior which are all in Arabic and I believe I need to have these documents translated. Have you experienced documents which needed to be translated? Do you know a reliable translator here in the Philippines? Ma'am my prayer is that like you, I can achieve my dream of bringing my family to Canada. Your guidance will spell a big difference in my application. I know you are a very busy person and because of that I am very thankful of your replies....with much gratitude.
I got the idea of the sworn statement from this thread too.

This is how I organize my husband's letter (I did it but he is the signatory as the applicant): (1) I started by introducing himself and his time spent in Sudan (2) I explained that I understand that PCC is required for the app but unfortunately I wasn't able to get it (3)enumerate the steps that I have taken to try to get the PCC with attached proofs like email/chat conversation and other documents.

At the bottom part of the letter, I added a line which is similar to scylla's post below.

scylla said:
My husband had a statement at the very end of his letter that said something like: Please take this letter as my sworn statement that I was never arrested, charged and/or convicted while in [country] from [date] to [date] and that I was a fully law-abiding resident for the duration of my stay.

That wording is messy but hopefully you get the idea.
...and then my husband, the applicant, signed it (as if he composed it! lol!). Please revise the letter because I am sure the line above has been use A LOT of times. We don't want duplicated letters.

We haven't submitted yet the documents from Sudan embassy KL because that is just our back up. I don't think that we need to submit the entire document but only relevant pages especially the one with fingerprints. The email conversation from Sudan embassy KL is a stronger proof that yes, you really went there and tried to get one.

As for reliable translator from Manila, I have dealt with ORANGE TRANSLATIONS, INC last January and so far they are good. They have a website.

By the way, when we went to Sudan Consulate Manila last January, they told us that we are not the first applicant to have this issue and so far no once called them back stating that they have a problem. So I assume, Canada Embassy Manila knows that it is close to impossible to get Sudan PCC from Manila.

Goodluck and stay positive!

starlingbell

Sep 14, 2016
badpusacat said:
I got the idea of the sworn statement from this thread too.

This is how I organize my husband's letter (I did it but he is the signatory as the applicant): (1) I started by introducing himself and his time spent in Sudan (2) I explained that I understand that PCC is required for the app but unfortunately I wasn't able to get it (3)enumerate the steps that I have taken to try to get the PCC with attached proofs like email/chat conversation and other documents.

At the bottom part of the letter, I added a line which is similar to scylla's post below.

...and then my husband, the applicant, signed it (as if he composed it! lol!). Please revise the letter because I am sure the line above has been use A LOT of times. We don't want duplicated letters.

We haven't submitted yet the documents from Sudan embassy KL because that is just our back up. I don't think that we need to submit the entire document but only relevant pages especially the one with fingerprints. The email conversation from Sudan embassy KL is a stronger proof that yes, you really went there and tried to get one.

As for reliable translator from Manila, I have dealt with ORANGE TRANSLATIONS, INC last January and so far they are good. They have a website.

By the way, when we went to Sudan Consulate Manila last January, they told us that we are not the first applicant to have this issue and so far no once called them back stating that they have a problem. So I assume, Canada Embassy Manila knows that it is close to impossible to get Sudan PCC from Manila.

Goodluck and stay positive!

Thank you so much ma'am. I will really try my best to stay positive because I really want this for my family. I hope I can bother you some other time with questions that might arise in my application (I am really taking advantage of your kindness) and I wish to correspond with you through email in the future also. If you allow it, please inform me of your email add through my email at your convenient time.

I am also worrier type of person (we have something in common), so staying positive is so hard but feeling negative is a much unbearable feeling after I was cancelled for not providing the pcc. So I will just try my best whatever the outcome. And I will never stop praying. Prayers really help me in battling the negative feelings. Thank you so much ma'am. I pray that you get the visa the soonest and I wish you and your husband all the best in Canada.

badpusacat

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FeDex-ed 26-06-13
Doc's Request.
IELTS Request
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Interview........
29-09-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2014
LANDED..........
July 2015
UPDATE: My hubby got his passport with COPR today. We are unable to provide 2 PCCs from abroad. We are May4 applicant and we're done on our 5th month.

Thank you very much for all the input in this thread about PCCs.

Reactions: ALTaylor