+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to open IMM 0008 Generic Application Form for Canada

steendee

Feb 22, 2018
Hi,

I tried to open the Generic Application Form but was unable to edit or validate it.
Has anyone had any trouble with this?
What can I do?
Does this form need to be validated in order for it to be accepted?

Hurlabrick

Champion Member
Sep 4, 2016
Ottawa, ON
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
23-06-2016
AOR Received.
12-07-2016
File Transfer...
23-08-2016
Med's Done....
08-06-2016
Passport Req..
21-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-12-2016
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hi,

I tried to open the Generic Application Form but was unable to edit or validate it.
Has anyone had any trouble with this?
What can I do?
Does this form need to be validated in order for it to be accepted?
Do you mean that when you click on the link in the CIC website, your browser displays a message along the lines of:

Please wait......

If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document etc. etc. etc.

This is a common problem with the browser and adobe plugin combination and is easily overcome. Make sure you have a local copy of Adobe Acrobat installed on your PC.

• Click anywhere on the document and a drop down menu bar should appear.
  • Click on the 'Save As' button (the button on the extreme right of the menu bar).
  • Select a location on your local computer to save the PDF
  • Close the browser
  • Open the saved copy of the PDF on your computer (double click on it or open Adobe PDF Reader first then open it.

Should work fine and allow you to enter data and save locally.

Reactions: steendee

steendee

Feb 22, 2018
Do you mean that when you click on the link in the CIC website, your browser displays a message along the lines of:

Please wait......

If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document etc. etc. etc.

This is a common problem with the browser and adobe plugin combination and is easily overcome. Make sure you have a local copy of Adobe Acrobat installed on your PC.

• Click anywhere on the document and a drop down menu bar should appear.
  • Click on the 'Save As' button (the button on the extreme right of the menu bar).
  • Select a location on your local computer to save the PDF
  • Close the browser
  • Open the saved copy of the PDF on your computer (double click on it or open Adobe PDF Reader first then open it.

Should work fine and allow you to enter data and save locally.
Yay it worked! Thanks so much!