+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Unable to obtain Birth Certificate. Already did a search on the forum.

perring

Jan 30, 2009
I searched and looked through every post on this forum with regards to birth certificate issue of not being able to obtain one. I am still unclear. Please help.

I am a Naturalized US Citizen. I have a passport that shows Date of Birth and Place of Birth (Vietnam). My wife is Canadian Citizen who is sponsoring me. We are pretty much done with the applications, except for the Birth Certificate which I can't or don't know how to obtain since I emigrated to the US more than 20 years ago.

So, I was wondering if the copy of the Passport would do? Or any other documents?

I also read that I can have my mother come with me to the court and get an affidavit or the embassy writing an official letter with regards to birth certificate based on the passport.

thank you in advance!

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think this is a fairly common situation in some countries. My husband is Tibetan and never had a birth certificate. He got an affidavidit in India (where he was living) confirming his date of birth and parents' names. We submitted a copy of it with our application and had no issues with it. He was approved with no problems. I would suggest you try that. Good luck.