Winnipeg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
2 Dec 2012
LANDED..........
15 Jan 2013
Hey folks

I am collecting my documents to file for citizenship. Unfortunately I am unable to find my original IELTS score sheet, though I have a scanned copy archived. Shall I just print and submit the copy? Does the officer check for original during citizenship test?

Hoping for some experienced advice!!

PVN

Star Member
Sep 22, 2016
niting80 said:
Hey folks

I am collecting my documents to file for citizenship. Unfortunately I am unable to find my original IELTS score sheet, though I have a scanned copy archived. Shall I just print and submit the copy? Does the officer check for original during citizenship test?

Hoping for some experienced advice!!
You can send the copy of IELTS test result along with you are application. You are supposed to bring in all the original documents for your test. But they would only check your passports to ensure your residency.

Hope this helps.

niting80

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
Winnipeg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
2 Dec 2012
LANDED..........
15 Jan 2013
Thanks for your feedback PVN. It helped.

I was literally freaking out last night after i couldnt find the paper, and thats when i have never lost any paper. Then i checked my PR application documents / cover letter in my backup. I had submitted the original to CIC(now IRCC) along with the PR papers. So they should have it in their records against my UCI. I also read on CIC/IRCC website that the citizenship examiner checks the fluency through general communication.

Hoping that it should work out!!

PVN said:
You can send the copy of IELTS test result along with you are application. You are supposed to bring in all the original documents for your test. But they would only check your passports to ensure your residency.

Hope this helps.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
niting80 said:
Thanks for your feedback PVN. It helped.

I was literally freaking out last night after i couldnt find the paper, and thats when i have never lost any paper. Then i checked my PR application documents / cover letter in my backup. I had submitted the original to CIC(now IRCC) along with the PR papers. So they should have it in their records against my UCI. I also read on CIC/IRCC website that the citizenship examiner checks the fluency through general communication.

Hoping that it should work out!!
I think copy of the IELTS is sufficient. If asked during interview, tell the officer that you have submitted it during PR application.
Although you have to take all originals with you for the interview. Yes, officer will test your general communication to see if you can talk and communicate properly in english. Good luck!

niting80

Star Member
Mar 4, 2017
Winnipeg
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
2 Dec 2012
LANDED..........
15 Jan 2013
Cool thanks.
thecoolguysam said:
I think copy of the IELTS is sufficient. If asked during interview, tell the officer that you have submitted it during PR application.
Although you have to take all originals with you for the interview. Yes, officer will test your general communication to see if you can talk and communicate properly in english. Good luck!