+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Umra / Umra/Hajj .Saudi Arabia travel on RTD( refugee travel document)

musmanali

May 16, 2019
Canada
Category........
Other
Working in Aviation and witnessed people using their COO passport does not justify violation. below links for your reference, to save you time.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=610&top=11
https://ccrweb.ca/en/travel-outside-canada-refugees
it says that if you are a refugee, you have to use RTD, but do you know that if you are accepted, you can apply for your seized document back? and you can use it? Please verify the information before passing it as it can be misleading.. This is to no offense, you can simply call CBSA and cross-check the information i am providing, again, i repeat, you can use your NATIONAL passport to travel back to your country as at the time of your Canadian passport, you have to show them your NATIONAL PASSPORT AND YOUR RTD AS WELL, and it can arise a question that if you were fearing prosecution, why you traveled back to your country.
I know many refugees, who went back to their home country on their own passports, but they had a justification for the same when they appeared for their interview for nationalization..
i am passing the information, the best source is to call RPD/IRB and check from them the same.
Thanks

Reactions: Norijal

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
it says that if you are a refugee, you have to use RTD, but do you know that if you are accepted, you can apply for your seized document back? and you can use it? Please verify the information before passing it as it can be misleading.. This is to no offense, you can simply call CBSA and cross-check the information i am providing, again, i repeat, you can use your NATIONAL passport to travel back to your country as at the time of your Canadian passport, you have to show them your NATIONAL PASSPORT AND YOUR RTD AS WELL, and it can arise a question that if you were fearing prosecution, why you traveled back to your country.
I know many refugees, who went back to their home country on their own passports, but they had a justification for the same when they appeared for their interview for nationalization..
i am passing the information, the best source is to call RPD/IRB and check from them the same.
Thanks
I already did that in person with border agent. Also It says if you are "Conventional Refugee" and there is link that define who is Conventional Refugee and Protected person. Its not pick and choose, its written law. The difference is how they enforce the law, and if they dont enforce it, doesnt mean it is legally..

You also wrote this; [ But before you wrote opposite of that, I dont know your definition of "Many refugees" or whether you keep track of all them when they return until they become a citizen. Anyway, What i did pass is official source, unless if official sources are misleading. But what you are doing is misleading...]

"I know many refugees, who went back to their home country on their own passports"..........

musmanali

May 16, 2019
Canada
Category........
Other
I already did that in person with border agent. Also It says if you are "Conventional Refugee" and there is link that define who is Conventional Refugee and Protected person. Its not pick and choose, its written law. The difference is how they enforce the law, and if they dont enforce it, doesnt mean it is legally..

You also wrote this; [ But before you wrote opposite of that, I dont know your definition of "Many refugees" or whether you keep track of all them when they return until they become a citizen. Anyway, What i did pass is official source, unless if official sources are misleading. But what you are doing is misleading...]

"I know many refugees, who went back to their home country on their own passports"..........
You may use anything to proove yourself right..
Let the person deicdes.
If any one wants a clear guidance on this i can assit them..
Now i can also say that i approached cbsa and it was confirmed that is possible..
Lets close the topic here..
Thanks

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
You may use anything to proove yourself right..
Let the person deicdes.
If any one wants a clear guidance on this i can assit them..
Now i can also say that i approached cbsa and it was confirmed that is possible..
Lets close the topic here..
Thanks
Fair Enough, and Good luck with your Hearing in May 2023....

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
Thanks
i m partially agreed with you

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you have the link for this? I wonder whyyyyyy
Good chance people were using the visa for other purposes like visiting family. It always up to the country to determine who can enter. Most countries in the Middle East don’t allow entry with an RTD. Assume also there isn’t a strict time period for when someone must make umrah so it would be completed once the person has Canadian citizenship.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Alhamdulilah
would you please share more details wether it was being protected person or as PR, besides would you mind sharing the travel agent details who got your visa n arrangements done.
Jazak Allah Khair
Believe KSA has changed the requirements so traveller may have been able to go to KSA with an RTD in the past but may not be allowed to travel today. The only person you should be contacting is the KSA embassy to confirm current policies about travellers on RTDs.