+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Umra / Umra/Hajj .Saudi Arabia travel on RTD( refugee travel document)

szagham

Apr 24, 2018
Forget about it until you become a citizen
No, I don’t agree with you unless if someone go back to home country, coz I know many of my friends using home country passport for Saudi Arabia and Dubai after getting PR card and nothing happened ever. YOU ONLY CANNOT GO BACK TO HOME COUNTRY, otherwise it’s logical thing that why immigration issue RTD only for two years? And they why they return you your passport on your request and take RTD back?
Thanks

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
No, I don’t agree with you unless if someone go back to home country, coz I know many of my friends using home country passport for Saudi Arabia and Dubai after getting PR card and nothing happened ever. YOU ONLY CANNOT GO BACK TO HOME COUNTRY, otherwise it’s logical thing that why immigration issue RTD only for two years? And they why they return you your passport on your request and take RTD back?
Thanks
I dont need you to agree with me but i want you to be informed before making decision. Go to justice website, search ceassation rulings, read careful.

Dont be naive to say Knowing someone as a justification. Point is, when you use your passport, you are entied to rights and protection of that country. Lets say, there’s any infraction in foreign country, you are entitled to consular service from your home country, and if they need to send you back, they will send you home. Law is clear, if nothing happens to those you know, doesnt mean it doesnt happen.

One of the poster was put into enhanced investigation at the airport after returning from third party with COO passport.

Immigration issue 2 years RTD for first applicant hoping after two years you are eligible for citizenship, if you are not, they renew for 5yrs with PR. Why immigration issue 1 year work permit when you extend after becoming protected person? You wanna find logic in immigration, you wont, but follow the rule if you dont want to have anu consequency. At the end its up to you!
someone replied with link of the law and again you say you dont agree, im not sure if you even read that but instead you choose making decision because you know someone did it and nothing happened! Im pasting another link from Refugee Council of Canada

https://ccrweb.ca/en/psr-toolkit/other-useful-info-travel-outside-canada

szagham

Apr 24, 2018
I dont need you to agree with me but i want you to be informed before making decision. Go to justice website, search ceassation rulings, read careful.

Dont be naive to say Knowing someone as a justification. Point is, when you use your passport, you are entied to rights and protection of that country. Lets say, there’s any infraction in foreign country, you are entitled to consular service from your home country, and if they need to send you back, they will send you home. Law is clear, if nothing happens to those you know, doesnt mean it doesnt happen.

One of the poster was put into enhanced investigation at the airport after returning from third party with COO passport.

Immigration issue 2 years RTD for first applicant hoping after two years you are eligible for citizenship, if you are not, they renew for 5yrs with PR. Why immigration issue 1 year work permit when you extend after becoming protected person? You wanna find logic in immigration, you wont, but follow the rule if you dont want to have anu consequency. At the end its up to you!
someone replied with link of the law and again you say you dont agree, im not sure if you even read that but instead you choose making decision because you know someone did it and nothing happened! Im pasting another link from Refugee Council of Canada

Agreed! Always better to be more careful.
Thanks

Alikhan115674

Apr 13, 2020

Very informative

Ahmad789

Nov 18, 2020
Hi
As per my information, one can travel with RTD even no need of PR card if any of your family members arrange visitor visa and you get that endorsed here in Canada.
Hope someone can confirm it.
Regards
Yes, you don't need a PR card for family visit. But to my understanding, you would need it for umrah visa.
It is always best to check with the embassy representatives.

Rinadina

Mar 18, 2022
Please call below no. they process for travel documents holder .The fees as per below:

VOYAGES CLASSY TRAVEL
514 448 0788 -umra visa

Charge-495 cad

150 cotevertu -201 room

Reactions: Faisalkhan555

musmanali

May 16, 2019
Canada
Category........
Other
Yes.. you can go to Saudia and perform Umrah by using your refugee travel document.
I am a travel agent and has processed many umrah visas for RTD, they travelled and came back and doesnt had any issues.
Let me know incase any help is required.
In case you can use your own country passport to travel, you will have issues if you use it to travel to your home country but no issues if you use it and travel to anywhere else..
Hope the above helps..
Thanks
M.M

Rahiana

Jan 18, 2023
Hello,my name is Rahiana, my family lives in Afghanistan. They live in a bad situation. Can they give asylum to Canada? If you answer, thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes.. you can go to Saudia and perform Umrah by using your refugee travel document.
I am a travel agent and has processed many umrah visas for RTD, they travelled and came back and doesnt had any issues.
Let me know incase any help is required.
In case you can use your own country passport to travel, you will have issues if you use it to travel to your home country but no issues if you use it and travel to anywhere else..
Hope the above helps..
Thanks
M.M
That is incorrect information you must use an RTD.

https://ccrweb.ca/en/travel-outside-canada-refugees

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Which part is incorrect? After you get your PR, you get your original documents back, and you can use them to travel, but not from the country of origion.
What you wrote is incorrect. You cant use your country of origin passport until you become Canadian Citizen

musmanali

May 16, 2019
Canada
Category........
Other
What you wrote is incorrect. You cant use your country of origin passport until you become Canadian Citizen
Well no offense but i am working in aviation industry and have witnesssd almost a hundered person using their origin passport to travel EXCEPT to there home country.
So i am giving it as a first hand information and i dont share anything till the time i am confirmed about what i am saying.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Well no offense but i am working in aviation industry and have witnesssd almost a hundered person using their origin passport to travel EXCEPT to there home country.
So i am giving it as a first hand information and i dont share anything till the time i am confirmed about what i am saying.
Working in Aviation and witnessed people using their COO passport does not justify violation. below links for your reference, to save you time.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=610&top=11
https://ccrweb.ca/en/travel-outside-canada-refugees