+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Umbrella Company/Contract Management companies for Work Permit for a US Client

itzzamit

Mar 2, 2015
Hi All,

I recently received an offer from a US employer and they want me to work from Canada.
This is a long term contract more than 2 years.
Since they donot have a presence in Canada, I am looking for an umbrella company who could do an LMA(Canadian Work Permit)& payroll assistance, acting as employer to render my services to the end client in the US?
I have done some research on google but havenot come across any organisations who could provide this solution
Please could you suggest some umbrella companies and share experience?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
itzzamit said:
Hi All,

I recently received an offer from a US employer and they want me to work from Canada.
Since they donot have a presence in Canada, I am looking for an umbrella company who could do an LMA(Canadian Work Permit)& payroll assistance, acting as employer to render my services to the end client in the US?
I have done some research on google but havenot come across any organisations who could provide this solution
IF you mean an LMIA, I believe that the odds of obtaining one under these circumstances is very low. Your employer would have to be a Canadian company operating within Canada. However, if the US company has zero involvement in the Canadian market and you are not interacting with Canadian clients or impacting the Canadian labour market, you may, just possibly, not require a work permit.

itzzamit

Mar 2, 2015
Many thanks for sharing your insights Zardoz:)
Are their big player in the Canadian market who could be potential players to do a work permit?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itzzamit said:
Hi All,

If the end user/client is in the US why is this job based in Canada and not the US (where it makes more logical sense) or some other third country say that of your citizenship or long term residence? CIC ain't buying this one.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
itzzamit said:
Many thanks for sharing your insights Zardoz:)
Are their big player in the Canadian market who could be potential players to do a work permit?
Avoid the big five banks (and any other financial institutions of medium size). They don't do LMIAs.