+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ukraine Sponsorships UNITE!!

spaceraceone

Star Member
Oct 6, 2011
dayver1331 said:
7 months to the day between arrival in Mississauga and the passport request via email.

And I was hoping to have my husband here by new years (( Well, I'll keep dreaming and visualizing it...might happen

Once again, congrats, keep us posted...

MANOFGOD

Star Member
May 22, 2013
DAYVER1331...
Congratulation on the passpoort request of your wife....I know that everything shall work out well for your good.I celebrate with you because it is done already.
Please,can you inbox me the email through which you communicated with them in Kiev.I want to ask if they have received our application and also ask about the Police report from my country of nationality.
Thanks....Cheers!!!

ekaterina1984

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27.05.2013. Sponsorship approved 17.06.2013
Doc's Request.
Updated forms sent on december 18 2013
Med's Request
November 25 , 2013
Med's Done....
December 18 ,2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
Hello Everyone !

Do anybody know how long will it take to send a file to the visa office ? My husband has been approved as a sponsor and they sent our file to the visa office . My visa office in Russia not Ukraine but I thought it would be the same.My husband recieved a notification from the CIC that application has been forward but I wonder How long will take ? And if they will notify me about recieving my application ?

thank you

chickenkiev

Dec 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Kiev
App. Filed.......
Yes
AOR Received.
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Interview........
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
YES
Privet ekaterina1984,
Within 2 weeks usually. I don't know if Moscow will notify you.
Congratulations on Stage 1.

You might find these message boards more to your liking:
http://forum.chemodan.ua/
http://www.rusforum.ca/

chickenkiev

Dec 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Kiev
App. Filed.......
Yes
AOR Received.
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Interview........
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
YES
Russia, Ukraine, Poland spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoX6mUVoEWDCdEw4SGdWa3FJTTVoUzBMbHRlanFnakE&hl=en_GB#gid=0

ekaterina1984

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27.05.2013. Sponsorship approved 17.06.2013
Doc's Request.
Updated forms sent on december 18 2013
Med's Request
November 25 , 2013
Med's Done....
December 18 ,2013
Interview........
no
Passport Req..
21-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
25-02-2014
LANDED..........
chickenkiev said:
Russia, Ukraine, Poland spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoX6mUVoEWDCdEw4SGdWa3FJTTVoUzBMbHRlanFnakE&hl=en_GB#gid=0

Thank you so much chickenkiev for the links you provided I found this information very useful for myself .

Spasibo ;)

Maz001

Feb 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
14-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
I think everyone is just waiting. It doesn't seem there's a lot of activity from the Kiev VO or at least nothing is being reported on the spreadsheets.

chickenkiev

Dec 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Kiev
App. Filed.......
Yes
AOR Received.
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Interview........
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
YES
YAAAAAAYYYYY!!! FINALLY.
Good luck everyone on your journey. Know that Kiev VO is working !
Applied: Outland.
Category: FAM
Visa Office: Kiev
App sent: Nov 30/12
App R'cvd: Dec 03/12
Meds Done: Nov 08/12
Interview: Apr 25/13
In Process: Apr 25/13
Confirmation of permanent residence (COPR): Aug 21/13

Dear xxxxxxxx:
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are pleased to advise you that we have completed processing of your application. Immigrant visas may be issued to you and your accompanying dependents upon presentation of valid passports. You and each of your accompanying family members – including each of your children regardless of age – must have his/her own valid passport or travel document.

You must submit your passport(s) for visa issuance by xx September 2013. You must send your passport(s) directly to the Embassy by mail or any courier service, or submit them in person. Should you choose to submit your passport(s) in person to the Embassy you may do so on any working Wednesday or Friday from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Your visa(s) will be ready within 5/five working days from the date your passport reaches the Embassy. You will be contacted by our staff by telephone when your documents are ready. To receive your passport(s) back you or your authorized representative will have to come to the Embassy on any working Wednesday or Friday from 9 a.m.to 1 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.

Please be advised that you need to submit 2/two new photos for each person travelling to Canada (prepared according to the enclosed instructions). You must also provide up to date address of your sponsor in Canada before your immigrant visa(s) is/are issued.

Alex_29

Nov 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Med's Done....
20-10-2012
Great NEWS :)!! Congratulations!! I am very happy for you. It is good to know that VO in Kiev works and issues visas!!

chickenkiev said:
YAAAAAAYYYYY!!! FINALLY.

Dear xxxxxxxx:
This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. We are pleased to advise you that we have completed processing of your application. Immigrant visas may be issued to you and your accompanying dependents upon presentation of valid passports. You and each of your accompanying family members – including each of your children regardless of age – must have his/her own valid passport or travel document.

You must submit your passport(s) for visa issuance by xx September 2013. You must send your passport(s) directly to the Embassy by mail or any courier service, or submit them in person. Should you choose to submit your passport(s) in person to the Embassy you may do so on any working Wednesday or Friday from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. Your visa(s) will be ready within 5/five working days from the date your passport reaches the Embassy. You will be contacted by our staff by telephone when your documents are ready. To receive your passport(s) back you or your authorized representative will have to come to the Embassy on any working Wednesday or Friday from 9 a.m.to 1 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.

Please be advised that you need to submit 2/two new photos for each person travelling to Canada (prepared according to the enclosed instructions). You must also provide up to date address of your sponsor in Canada before your immigrant visa(s) is/are issued.

Maz001

Feb 10, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2013
AOR Received.
28-02-2013
File Transfer...
14-03-2013
Med's Done....
24-01-2013
Congrats !!! That's excellent news ;D ;D ;D

chickenkiev said:
YAAAAAAYYYYY!!! FINALLY.

Dear xxxxxxxx:

CanadianPrairieGent

Aug 27, 2013
Saskatchewan
Category........
Visa Office......
Kiev
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
17-06-2016
File Transfer...
August 18, 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
N/A
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
October 31, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 9, 2016
Hello everyone.

I am new to the forum and quite happily just discovered it tonight.

My name is Kelly, and I am at a little earlier step than all of you, but a, moving toward the permanent residency application, likely within the year. However, I would appreciate your collective advice please.

I returned from Ukraine a little over a week ago and on the last night of my stay, became engaged o a truly remarkable woman, my "other half." I have researched a great deal on Canadian immigration, and have heard quite the spectrum of stories, ranging from the utterly discouraging, to the absolute opposite. I am looking for the best way to bring my future bride to me, and I seek your input. We are definitely looking at initially having her apply for the 6 month visitor's visa (temporary resident), and from there, we will get married. In my early research, I have heard from many people that it is much easier and possibly quicker for her to emigrate from Ukraine to Canada if we get married in Ukraine, while recently, other men I know have had some success on marrying their fiancée here in Canada, and then applying in Canada to sponsor the woman for permanent residency.

If my foreign (Ukrainian) fiancée is in Canada on a visitor's visa (Temporary Resident Visa), am I legally allowed to marry her here in Canada, and if so, then being my spouse, would she be considered as having legal status in Canada on her visitor's visa, from which we can then apply in Canada for her permanent residency? Can I have a reasonable expectation that this method will be successful?

The only real drawback I see between the in-Canada and overseas applications are that the in-Canada application does not allow mobility (international travel) for the applicant while the application is being processed, and that there is no right of appeal if the application is refused. What are the actual chances or circumstances of an application being refused if all of the paperwork for the application is filled out correctly? What, if anything, can be done if an application is refused? Can a person re-apply again at a later date? Would you suggest getting a lawyer to do the paperwork? Many men I know say it can easily be done yourself. I just don't want to screw anything up.

Furthermore, and perhaps I should have asked this question first, but when applying for my fiancee's visitor's visa, and I complete a letter of invitation for her, is it wise to declare that my relationship to her is one of fiancé?

In advance, thanks for your help! :)
Kelly

chickenkiev

Dec 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Kiev
App. Filed.......
Yes
AOR Received.
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Interview........
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
YES
Visa received today with just a 2 day wait. Landing day fast approaching. Time for hubby here to get busy cleaning ;D .

Noticed on the Russian forum spreadsheet, Kiev VO has been churning out the POV letters.

And know that Ukraine is in the process of switching over to biometric passports in the fall. Check to see if and how this might impact when your through and arranging a flight. Just a heads up, I dont know the particulars as this will not affect me.

Thanks Maz and Alex! Be patient, I am confident your news is fast approaching :)

chickenkiev

Dec 3, 2012
Visa Office......
Kiev
App. Filed.......
Yes
AOR Received.
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Interview........
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
YES
CanadianPrairieGent said:
I will try and give you the highlights to provide some context, and then I ask your opinion on best next steps please.

A few weeks ago, while in Ukraine, I got engaged to an amazing woman and the love of my life. The feelings are reciprocal on her part as well. Naturally, we want to be together as soon as possible, and ultimately, permanently in Canada. My profession does not afford me, both financially and and time-wise, the luxury of making numerous visits to Ukraine in the span of 12 - 18 months, so my fiancée and I need to be prudent in our decision making with regard to her visa application and ultimately, her PR application.

We are in no immediate rush to get married, but have discussed that ideally we will be married within 12 - 18 months (I am 44 and she is 35, and we want to start a family). She wants to spend time with me in Canada before we get married, if the CIC will grant her a TRV. What is the best way to apply for her TRV? Should I declare in my letter of invitation that she is my fiancée, or just identify her as a friend and hope the CIC doesn't presume an intimate relationship (which I believe to be highly unlikely)? Should she indicate in her application that she will take care of some or most of her expenses while in Canada, even if I am going to send her the money to cover the expenses, or is it OK to indicate I will take care of her needs while in Canada? Or, would it even be better if I could find a female friend to invite her to Canada? Does she increase her chances of receiving a TRV if she declares that her intended visit to Canada will be a shorter period than the 6 months permitted (say 1, 2, or 3 months)?

Furthermore, once she's here, should we quickly and quietly get married in Canada (if that's even legal and recognized in both Ukraine and Canada), and then make an inland PR application (along with an OWP), taking advantage of implied status? If we don't get married within the first 6 months of her visa, or within the CIC allotted period of her TRV, what are the odds of her receiving an extension to her TRV? And, please correct me if I am wrong, but I presume I need to purchase her a "throwaway ticket", so as to convince the CIC of her intention to return to Ukraine. Also, what happens with regard to her passport and applications to CIC, considering the fact that her surname will change to mine when we get married?

I honestly see getting married in Canada and applying inland for PR as the best option for us to remain together (provided she is approved in the first place for a TRV), and I am aware that it may take a little longer to be processed than an outland application and that there is no appeal process (should she be declined), and that she must remain in Canada while her application is being processed, but for some reason, this option seems less risky to me, and perhaps it's a misguided sense that if she's here with me, I can "make it all better", or at the very least, that we go through it together and we are there to support one another.

Or, would you recommend we get married in Ukraine and then we apply outland for her PR? The way I see it is that this option keeps us apart the longest amount of time, and it could prove to be more costly if interviews are required and I must travel to Ukraine (with my son sometimes). Much as I would like for her to marry me in her country in front of her family and friends, I have heard that marrying in Ukraine can be a long and tedious process, with much paperwork, unexpected delays, as well as prescribed and lengthy bureaucratic waiting periods for the civil marriage ceremony.
Get married in Ukraine, forget trying to do an endrun around the system. If this plan screws up, the extra time and costs you will regret.

Married in UKR, have her sign the marriage cert. and pr app in her name. Do all the name change stuff after arrival. Saves preparation time.

Marriage docs needed are on the cdn embassy website. when you get 10 post you can pm me questions as you prepare. kiev vo is fast, 4-7 months for most, anything over 9 is an outlier.
I wanted my app done right the first time with no document hiccups. consultant was only 500 bucks.
Doubt you will succeed with the TRV but could slow down the process. Not worth it IMHO.
Scratching my head about this...In the same post your wishing to be reunited with the lady and looking to bend the rules in your favour with a TRV, but then also saying you's are not in a hurry to get married. HUH? My advice again, do the outland app and if things dont work out then you can always cancel the app before she gets here and not being held liable for 3 years support.
P.S. Very very unlikely you will need to go to an interview if there is one. And you cannot appeal an Inland app.
Hope you think this through with your big head ;)
Good luck!
...Back to making some Borsht :p

ns1

Sep 13, 2013
HI All

New here and just begin reading. I was married few weeks ago in Canada.
My Lady was here on three month visitor visa.
She has since returned home ( tuesday)
I am waiting for a few documents to get started on process.
I have read things many times and still worry, Will make mistakes.
Any advice is greatly appreciated:)

Read someone used a consultant, where were they? I am in NS.