+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK Visa on a Refugee Travel Document

Care2Care

Apr 25, 2020
Hello everyone,

Has anyone applied for a UK visitor visa whilst using a Refugee Travel Document (RTD)?

I'd like some guidance as i am planning to visit the UK next year and want to apply for a visa.

I am a protected person on a RTD

Any pointers like website to check, procedure, if i have to submit in person and biometrics required , how long visa processing takes etc.. Just any helpful pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks

eliteguy

Star Member
May 13, 2022
Hello everyone,

Has anyone applied for a UK visitor visa whilst using a Refugee Travel Document (RTD)?

I'd like some guidance as i am planning to visit the UK next year and want to apply for a visa.

I am a protected person on a RTD

Any pointers like website to check, procedure, if i have to submit in person and biometrics required , how long visa processing takes etc.. Just any helpful pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks
Are you PR already? or still waiting...It is better to apply after yiu get PR

eliteguy

Star Member
May 13, 2022
Thanks for responding. No i am not a PR yet. It's still in processing at ircc
You actually can apply and it can be successful....Just having your PR helps though...I applied in January for USA visa and wasn't given..My PR came and I applied again and got 10 years....Even though I applied with same RTD

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
In general being employed, having a good amount of savings, having a home (lease or ownership), traveling for a specific purpose, traveling for a short amount of time, being a PR (realize you aren’t PR yet),etc. are all things that will help you get approval.

qxoil

Feb 25, 2010
I applied this year and visited uk on Rtd with out pr . Pr is in process.I was given visa . With out any problem. I have family in uk blood relatives and lived ,studied and worked there , I had very good immigration history with uk.
process is very simple filled application form online book an appointment.Upload your documents . On appointment day just go there give your biometrics and submit your passport. Process time is 2 to 3 months . Mine took 9 weeks

Reactions: Cank3 and Enyidia