+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK Police Certificate query - Permanent Residence/Within

Jon Jacobs

Apr 26, 2010
Hello,

The Security Requirements section in Form IMM 5289E say that 'police certificates should not be obtained before applying for immigration. You may receive special instructions at a later date about police certificates for these countries'. It then lists the countries which include the United Kingdom.

Now the CIC website makes it clear that the UK Police Certificate IS required. I'm in a bind as I will be applying for immigration soon and have asked and received recently dated and signed photos back from a professional business friend not in Canada which would accompany my UK Police Certificate application. I.E. If I have to wait however long to be asked to send the police cert in the date on the photos may mean I have to obtain new ones.

Question: Can I send the UK Police Certificate in with my Immigration application at the same time as it says that it is definitely required anyway?

Many Thanks.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Jon Jacobs said:
Hello,

The Security Requirements section in Form IMM 5289E say that 'police certificates should not be obtained before applying for immigration. You may receive special instructions at a later date about police certificates for these countries'. It then lists the countries which include the United Kingdom.

Now the CIC website makes it clear that the UK Police Certificate IS required. I'm in a bind as I will be applying for immigration soon and have asked and received recently dated and signed photos back from a professional business friend not in Canada which would accompany my UK Police Certificate application. I.E. If I have to wait however long to be asked to send the police cert in the date on the photos may mean I have to obtain new ones.

Question: Can I send the UK Police Certificate in with my Immigration application at the same time as it says that it is definitely required anyway?

Many Thanks.
1. The ACPO certificates are required and should be included with the application.

Jon Jacobs

Apr 26, 2010
But in the Security Requirements it specifically says that Police Certificates from the UK (along with a handful of other countries) should not be obtained before applying for immigration. How can I ignore that and just send it in with the application?

samrupl

Mar 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp
you need to get this before applying for immigration i think

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Jon Jacobs said:
But in the Security Requirements it specifically says that Police Certificates from the UK (along with a handful of other countries) should not be obtained before applying for immigration. How can I ignore that and just send it in with the application?
1. Just do it! If you want your application returned as incomplete, then don't send the Certificate. The Web Site has not been updated since the UK went to ACPO for PCCs.

Jon Jacobs

Apr 26, 2010
OK Thanks for the info. Obviously I'm presuming that when you say the website hasn't been updated in regards to the UK moving to ACPOs for PCCs that also means that the info in Form IMM 5289E in the Security Requirements section is now innacurate.

chandlermare

Mar 10, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2009
Doc's Request.
01-02-2010
AOR Received.
13-01-2010
Med's Done....
30-06-2009
Interview........
waived
Just get it...we didn't (because of the notice saying we didn't have to!) and then were asked for it anyways a few weeks after they started processing our application...It only took about a week to get so it's worth it.