27/10/2009
Passport Req..
08/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
26/04/2010
LANDED..........
01/05/2010
Hello,

My British passport expired at the end of March, but I was 36 weeks pregnant and unable to travel anyway so have not yet got round to renewing it. My daughter was born here in Alberta at the end of April and I would now like to apply for a British passport for her. Does anyone know if it is possible for me to send my renewal application AND my daughter's new application at the same time? I know it has to be sent to the States. It asks for a copy of my passport to be send with the child passport application - but if my passport has already expired is that a problem? Or if I'm sending my application to renew at the same time does that make it okay? I'm a bit confused by it all! Any input would be much appreciated. I'm thinking it might just be easier to apply for a Canadian passport for her just now and apply for a British one later on...

Thanks!

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
midwifemia said:
My British passport expired at the end of March, but I was 36 weeks pregnant and unable to travel anyway so have not yet got round to renewing it. My daughter was born here in Alberta at the end of April and I would now like to apply for a British passport for her. Does anyone know if it is possible for me to send my renewal application AND my daughter's new application at the same time? I know it has to be sent to the States. It asks for a copy of my passport to be send with the child passport application - but if my passport has already expired is that a problem? Or if I'm sending my application to renew at the same time does that make it okay? I'm a bit confused by it all! Any input would be much appreciated. I'm thinking it might just be easier to apply for a Canadian passport for her just now and apply for a British one later on...
Since this is a Canada immigration website, why do you assume that we know anything about applying for UK passports? I should think that you need to ask the UK embassy about that or look for a UK expat website that will help you with these questions.

As for getting your child a Canadian passport, you sure can. However, if you are considering going back to the UK to live, she will need one from there too.

midwifemia

Sep 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2009
File Transfer...
25/01/2010
Med's Done....
27/10/2009
Passport Req..
08/04/2010
VISA ISSUED...
26/04/2010
LANDED..........
01/05/2010
Apologies, should have clarified that I am a British expat living in Alberta and who got PR Family Class through my Canadian partner. Thought there might be some other British expats here who have also had children over here and have been through the same. But hey, I'll go elsewhere if no one can help me. Just thought I'd ask since this website was very useful when I was emigrating.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

midwifemia said:
Apologies, should have clarified that I am a British expat living in Alberta and who got PR Family Class through my Canadian partner. Thought there might be some other British expats here who have also had children over here and have been through the same. But hey, I'll go elsewhere if no one can help me. Just thought I'd ask since this website was very useful when I was emigrating.
Ask your questions at British Expats. Better selection of answers. http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=33

midwifemia

Sep 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/12/2009
File Transfer...
25/01/2010
Med's Done....