+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK/ITALIAN license in Ontario

sukhpreet92

Feb 19, 2017
Hello,

I will move to mississauga in June for 3 years.

I've obtained my first b license in Italy in 2012 then went to uk in 2014 and converted it to a british license.
Last year i came back and i had to exchange it to italian because i was getting the C license ( for trucks). I took a look and i found that i have to retake all the test in ontario cause i can't exchange my italian license to a canadian one.
What if i go to uk and exchange it to a british one and then i came to ontario? i will be able to exchange it? how do i prove that i have 5 years of driving experience? will i also get the license for truck?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
sukhpreet92 said:
Hello,

I will move to mississauga in June for 3 years.

I've obtained my first b license in Italy in 2012 then went to uk in 2014 and converted it to a british license.
Last year i came back and i had to exchange it to italian because i was getting the C license ( for trucks). I took a look and i found that i have to retake all the test in ontario cause i can't exchange my italian license to a canadian one.
What if i go to uk and exchange it to a british one and then i came to ontario? i will be able to exchange it? how do i prove that i have 5 years of driving experience? will i also get the license for truck?
You may be able to exchange for a UK licence if you are normally resident there again for long enough. You can then apply to DVLA for your records. This may be required as you have an exchange licence instead of an "earned" one. Then you may be able to exchange for an Ontario licence. You will not be able to exchange for a truck licence. That has to be "earned".

Mar 30, 2017
Hi sukhpreet92

Just a quick question how are you going over to canada so quick if u only got your C licence recently. The reason I am asking is I want to go over to canada and I have my hgv class1 licence but struggling to find ways to go over.
Thanks