+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UK citizen & recent PR, no PR card; PRTD or return via USA?

naah007

Dec 14, 2017
Please update. Have you been able to get PRTD? How long did it take to process the application?

The reply I received from the Visa Office suggested that I include my flight itinerary and a covering letter explaining my circumstances.

My plan is to prepare everything in advance, however, I cannot make an adjustment via London to drop off my passport but I could make it to London to pick it up once I had sent it in and it has all been processed.

After consulting all my options, I think providing the PRTD isn't massively delayed in returning to me then I should be able to make a sensible judgement about amending (for a fee) my return date home to Vancouver. All indications are that it shouldn't be a complicated application or that it shouldn't be delayed too much, I'd simply be at the mercy of the Visa Officer in terms of how fast it can be processed and hope the courier isn't too long in returning it to me.

andy1011

Star Member
Apr 23, 2017
I can amend my original booking and return to Vancouver for a reasonable fee, providing my PRTD wasn't hugely delayed I could probably arrange some sick days or unpaid leave from work. My only concern would be in the event I apply for a PRTD and there's a significant delay or loss of package.

My work would be understanding if the delay was short term but if the worst case scenario happened then it would be really difficult to imagine them being happy to have me stranded in the UK for weeks.

Perhaps it is preferable to apply for the PRTD and, assuming my case is simple, that they will be able to expedite the passport and document to me quickly, the idea of an expensive booking to Seattle with still so many question marks over the plan isn't particularly appealing but I feel compelled to return as soon as possible due to work commitments.

Hello,

Did you get your PRTD or you ended up getting to Seattle and drove back to Canada with your COPR and Passport? I'm planning to use a car rental in Seattle (Alamo) and drive cross the border with my Passport and COPR but not 100% if that is going to be smooth. I'm waiting for my PR Card desperately and painfully... Please let me know your feedback