+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

UAE Driving license

Rano2013

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
I would like to know what document should I bring from the UAE to facilitate issuing Canadian driving license. Do I need to attest the RTA's experience letter at the foreign ministry.
Thanks a lot.

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Drivers' licences (& requirements) vary depending on which province you are going to.

There is no such thing as a "Canadian" DL.

So.. Which province are you moving to?

Rano2013

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Lammawitch said:
Drivers' licences (& requirements) vary depending on which province you are going to.

There is no such thing as a "Canadian" DL.

So.. Which province are you moving to?
Either Albarta or Antario...
Thanks in advance

badpusacat

Jun 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
FeDex-ed 26-06-13
Doc's Request.
15-10-2014/FeDex-ed 26-10
IELTS Request
included in the application
Med's Request
15-10-2014
Med's Done....
29-10-2014
Interview........
29-09-2014
Passport Req..
Nov 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 2014
LANDED..........
July 2015
I have a driving license from Muscat (Oman) and when I came here in Alberta, I just went to the registry and present to them my driver's license and they accepted it. I have a document from a police station in Oman but they don't ask for it. They said as long as the details in your driver's license is in English (or has English) and then that's fine. Goodluck! :)

Lammawitch

Champion Member
Dec 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Rano2013 said:
Either Albarta or Antario...
Thanks in advance
Neither requires attestation from a ministry of your home/resident country driving experience. Just an original document from the relevant authority in English or French.

Rano2013

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
badpusacat said:
I have a driving license from Muscat (Oman) and when I came here in Alberta, I just went to the registry and present to them my driver's license and they accepted it. I have a document from a police station in Oman but they don't ask for it. They said as long as the details in your driver's license is in English (or has English) and then that's fine. Goodluck! :)
Thank you

Ganrock1981

Star Member
Jul 23, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Guys,
Just want to give a bit of more details to help you get the Driver's license in canada.
Surrender your original license (Dubai, Oman) to the registry.
This will allow you to skip the 1 year waiting period (GDL except)
The Registry will take about 2 months to verify you you DL and then you can book you Class 5 road test.
Take you Class 5 road test, Pass and you will be issued the license which you can use to drive independently or purchase a car.

Also please bring all your Auto insurance papers you might have if you owned a car. In canada Auto insurance is expensive if you do not have any canadian driving exp.
When you purchase a car here and provide your previous driving history (previous auto Insurance held) the current insurance premium reduces significantly.

davepreetham

May 5, 2016
OMAN DRIVING LETTER

Hi guys,
I was driving in Oman for 5 years and recently moved to Canada. In the driving test area they asked me for driving letter experience as this will reduce my waiting period and insurance to an extent. since im in canada please tell me how do i apply to Oman online from canada.
oman has just one website rop.gov but that web page has all fines payment online (general).
IF ANY OF YOU CAN HELP ME PLEASE.

Adil Khan123

Jul 20, 2015
Abu Dhabi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-07-2015
OMAN DRIVING LETTER

Hi guys,
I was driving in Oman for 5 years and recently moved to Canada. In the driving test area they asked me for driving letter experience as this will reduce my waiting period and insurance to an extent. since im in canada please tell me how do i apply to Oman online from canada.
oman has just one website rop.gov but that web page has all fines payment online (general).
IF ANY OF YOU CAN HELP ME PLEASE.
Have you managed to get answer of above? I am in same situation now? What should i do?