+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

U

babak4118

Mar 4, 2021
Hi
I have sent my application yesterday and I included the birth certificate of my son with its translation from home country. Now I know that isn’t accepted! Is there anyway I can ask them to return my package before they open it

please heeeeeelp
Hello,

Did you sent by courier mail or regular without tracking number?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I did that they said they can’t stop it. Is there anyway I can’t contact Sydney office to return it before opened!
The Sydney office won't look for your package and return it before it's opened. The only option is to have Canada Post return the package. If Canada Post won't do it then you're unfortunately out of luck.

mpsqra

Champion Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Hi
I have sent my application yesterday and I included the birth certificate of my son with its translation from home country. Now I know that isn’t accepted! Is there anyway I can ask them to return my package before they open it

please heeeeeelp
an official translation is valid

babak4118

Mar 4, 2021
an official translation is valid
Documents not accepted as a piece of identification:
  • Birth certificate: used to establish the person’s date and place of birth and can also be used to establish parentage between a child and their parent(s).
  • Document establishing Canadian citizenship status: citizenship or naturalization certificate, retention certificate and certificate of registration of birth abroad.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/canadian-citizenship/admininistration/identity/acceptable-documents-show-identity-applications.html

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
Even translation from home country? We copied the one we used for PR
I think it is valid. Regardless if it is copy from previous application. Two option, wait for ircc to determine if not acceptable or cancel the application before processing begins.

justanotherguy28

Star Member
Sep 28, 2021
In the future avoid using regular or standard shipping for immigration application. Do you have tracking number for the package? I found the link to cancel on canada post website. See if it helps: https://www.canadapost-postescanada.ca/cpc/en/support/kb/sending/issues/how-to-cancel-a-shipment-manifest-online.
Per that link,
You can cancel a shipping manifest for many services online, as long as you haven’t provided your shipment to Canada Post yet.
A manifest is just a shipping label.

Even top notch shippers like FedEx struggle with this but they do it if physically possible. Another workaround with carriers like FedEx/UPS is redirect your package for pickup at a carrier location and ask it to be returned after their five day pickup cut off.

But its' going to be extraordinarily complicated with shippers like Canada Post, if at all they're even willing to do it and even if you've used one of their more expensive options. Dynamic rerouting for pickup can also be a nightmare with Canada Post.