+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Typo that Immigration Canada Made on my Work Permit!

girafully

Jul 21, 2010
I recently got hired by a not-for-profit company in Toronto and they required a copy of my off-campus work permit. So I handed it in. And then they told me that my current work permit cannot be accepted because on the actual permit it says the employer is University of Toronto, but since it's an off-campus work permit, it should say something like "Open" or whatever. So the company cannot let me start my job there until i figure things out. So what should I do here? I tried calling Immigration Canada, but the only number that i can find on their website does NOT allow me to talk to their agents. It's an automated phone service. So if anyone can provide me with a number or let me know what I should do here, that will be really appreciated! Thanks a lot! Cheers!
Jay

suenim

Apr 29, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
Med's Done....
April 2010
Interview........
NONE
LANDED..........
April 2011
Did you graduate already or are you doing your internship at this company? If you are doing your internship, the work permit should still stay University of Toronto as the employer. Did you pay an application fee for this work permit? The internship work permits are free. The regular off campus work permit should say something like "can only work 20 hours per week during full time studies and full time when you are not studying..." something like that.

Anil_Toronto

Star Member
May 19, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-08-2009 (Nova Scotia - Centralised Intake Office)
AOR Received.
14-01-2010 (at Buffalo)
File Transfer...
11-05-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Request
11-08-2010 (NY Visa office)
Med's Done....
12-08-2010 (Toronto)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-03-2011
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2011
LANDED..........
11-03-2011
Just to add to the above post, if you think it's an error made by CIC - you can walk into the CIC office in toronto - it's on 55 St. Clair East - they do urgent cases and if all is correct on your end, they should issue you a new work permit.

Good luck!!!