+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Typo error in COPR!

Noor_10

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
Hello all and @legalfalcon ,
I have question regarding PR card. there was a typo error in my COPR. That is my country of birth is male. And my sex is India. And my address on the COPR was wrong. Half of it was mine and the rest was of my representative’s. My representative told me to mail the photos with an explanation and correct address to mail it me. I did that but now I am afraid that will i get those or not. Is there any way that i can figure out that they considered my explanation or not? I mailed it on 14th may. I dont have access to online portal as my representative has its access.
Eagerly waiting for your reply.
Thank you.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
I have question regarding PR card. there was a typo error in my COPR. That is my country of birth is male. And my sex is India. And my address on the COPR was wrong. Half of it was mine and the rest was of my representative’s. My representative told me to mail the photos with an explanation and correct address to mail it me. I did that but now I am afraid that will i get those or not. Is there any way that i can figure out that they considered my explanation or not? I mailed it on 14th may. I dont have access to online portal as my representative has its access.
Thank you.
You have to send webform regarding this to correct error. Only case processing centre can correct that error on COPR. Call them and ask agent to forward your query to visa office processing your application. Webform is best option .

Reactions: Noor_10

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thank you.
How do I correct an error on my immigration document?
If there is an error on your immigration document:
An amendment will only be made if your document does not match the personal information in your entry passport.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Thank you.
Already answered on another thread.

Noor_10

Star Member
Jul 5, 2019
You have to send webform regarding this to correct error. Only case processing centre can correct that error on COPR. Call them and ask agent to forward your query to visa office processing your application. Webform is best option .
The explanation i wrote worked for me and I received my PR card today after 15 days.

renuamu

Mar 9, 2020
The explanation i wrote worked for me and I received my PR card today after 15 days.
hey hi, recently i received by COPR but there was error in it
Correction in #COPR
Our baby's DOB is incorrect in COPR.
His DOB is 9 Dec 21
But on COPR it is 12 Sep 21
(Date format Confusion)
9.12.2021 and mentioned one 12.9.2021
During the pendency of our application we raised 3 webforms and 1 LOE for rectification of error with proof of date of birth like birth certificate and passport copy.
Last month they replied to one of our webform that baby's DOB is corrected and per the date mentioned on the webform.
But when we received our VISA & COPR, the DOB is still incorrect.
Question:
1. Can we travel with this VISA and COPR?
2. What is the procedure for correction in baby's COPR, if we cannot use these documents to travel?

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Thank you.
Hello what did you do eventually? Could you kindly guide? From your other posts it seems like only your copr was incorrect but pr card came out correctly. Would like to do similar thing.

Ak21_2022

Mar 25, 2022
Ecuador
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
23-10-2020
Doc's Request.
10-03-2022
AOR Received.
23-10-2020
Med's Request
10-03-2022
Med's Done....
15-03-2022
Hi @legalfalcon I am really sorry to disturb you. Are we allowed to ravel if there is a mistake in our COPR? The country of issue for my Passport is wrong. They placed my birth country instead of the country of my passport. I am an Indian born in Philippines so issue country should be India.
Will the CBSA stop us in the border for this issue? I tried contacting the email address I got when we received our RFV email.
Thank you in advance

Abbaszaidi110

Jun 25, 2022
Hello,

I recently received my COPR for FSW-O earlier this week, however, they had printed the wrong country of issue for my travel document as India is instead of USA. My husband, the primary applicant, had received his visa and COPR with correct information in Pakistan 3 weeks ago. We raised this issue by emailing New York IRCC and our visa office London office. 2 days ago I received an email from NY IRCC that it is an error on their end and they will re-issue my COPR. After submitting the documents they requested, I mailed it out the very next day. Today we received an email from the London VO that they have cancelled both of our COPR so they can reissue with the correct information and they will notify when my husband has to resubmit the documents.

Has anyone been in a similar situation. I would appreciate all the help possible. @legalfalcon your help would be appreciated

Arcticat

Aug 11, 2022
Hello @Abbaszaidi110

How did it go with you? They listed my citizenship wrong on the COPR document as well and I just emailed IRCC on the same email where we were asked to reply with our UCI number and other stuff before they gave us the PR Portal log in info.

Anyhow, IMM1436e is the form that needs to be filled to make an amendment in the COPR. However, please READ the instruction guide IMM 5218 so you know what to expect. In this instruction guide, it states the following:

Permanent resident documents
Your record of landing (IMM 1000) or confirmation of permanent residence is an historical document which contains information about you when you obtained the status of permanent resident in Canada.
IRCC will not amend the record of landing (IMM 1000) or confirmation of permanent residence even if it is a result of a clerical error. If an administrative or clerical error is made by IRCC, the amendment will be made in IRCC’s system of record and the client will be issued a verification of status (VoS) document free of charge.
What information may be corrected?
Information contained on your record of landing (IMM 1000) or confirmation of permanent residence will be amended only to correct errors made by Canadian immigration officials in recording the information you provided when you applied to come to Canada.
What information will not be corrected?
Your record of landing (IMM 1000) or confirmation of permanent residence is not an identity document. Therefore, it will not be amended to correct personal information that changed after the date permanent residence was granted.
Requests for these types of changes should go to the Registrar General of the province or territory in which you live.
Any amendments to names must conform to the Department’s policy which stipulates that the name indicated on the bar code of your passport when you entered Canada will be used for your immigration file and documents. If the name on your record of landing or confirmation of permanent residence matches the passport you used to enter Canada, your immigration records will not be amended.

The above appears to indicate that:

Any information change will NOT mean we will get a new COPR. Rather, we will be issued a Verification of Status (VoS) document that we must use along with the COPR document to prove the necessary correction was made in the IRCC system.

By the way, from my research IMM 1000 is the same as the COPR document. It is actually called IMM 5688 now but used to be known as IMM 1000 in the past.

Hope you and others find this insight helpful. If you do, please request the "Creator of the Heavens and the Earth" to empower me to help others. Lol.

Thanks.

shravan95

Star Member
Feb 2, 2019
Hi Everyone
Some good news for me, I finally received amended document for the mistake on eCOPR. My date of original landing and date of recent landing were wrong, which they changed and sent a verification of status document.
I had mailed it to CPC Ottawa on 15th December 2021. Received it on 30th August 2022.
Thanks

Atruong

May 23, 2023
Hi Everyone
Some good news for me, I finally received amended document for the mistake on eCOPR. My date of original landing and date of recent landing were wrong, which they changed and sent a verification of status document.
I had mailed it to CPC Ottawa on 15th December 2021. Received it on 30th August 2022.
Thanks
Hello, sorry for getting back to this. But did you need to have your pr card corrected and reissued also? Was there any instruction on the verification of status document regarding the pr card? My case is the same like yours, with original entry date and recent entry date were entered incorrectly. Any other information is correct, including the information on the pr card. The entry dates are not on the card thus I'm worrying and don't know what to do.

Thank you.

sj7762

Jan 7, 2023
Hello, sorry for getting back to this. But did you need to have your pr card corrected and reissued also? Was there any instruction on the verification of status document regarding the pr card? My case is the same like yours, with original entry date and recent entry date were entered incorrectly. Any other information is correct, including the information on the pr card. The entry dates are not on the card thus I'm worrying and don't know what to do.

Thank you.
Hi, I am in a similar boat. Are you able to travel with your current PR card till the amendment to your ECOPR is made?