+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TWP application in Paris

Miss C

Jan 16, 2012
Hi everyone,

I sent off my application for a work permit under the live-in caregiver program last week through registered express mail and it has been received by the Canadian Embassy in Paris on Thursday 9th. I was wondering if anyone could tell me please how long I have to wait till I receive further instruction.

I know CIC in France states a minimum of 2 weeks for a general WP and 4 weeks if a medical exam in necessary. But I was wondering if the processing time frame is correct or if I have to expect longer processing time. The LMO process was supposed to last 4-6 weeks, than 8 weeks and in all I waited 14 weeks to receive my approval letter, and I really hope that I won't face the same problems with the work permit application.

Also the Embassy can't be contacted by phone but email only, has anyone encountered problems with this? How long does it take till they reply to an "urgent" email?

Thanks in advance ;°)

Miss C

Jan 16, 2012
Well no one replied to the post but things getting sorted on their own with some patience and I thought I'll write down my experience with the application process here in France for any future applicants.

The visa office actually works pretty fast as stated on their website. Thumbs up for that! I received my medical exam instructions after 10 days via email. I made an appointment with the designated doctor in Toulouse for the next week. I didn't get a request for an interview (I have been told that CIC in Paris doesn't really call for them). However if I should receive one after the medical I'll post it.
So hopefully that's the last step and I'll get a positive answer from CIC in 2-3 weeks time, after the medical.

Good luck to anyone else waiting for their work permit...I know it's hard and a strenuous process!
ps: I am from a visa exemption country

Miss C

Jan 16, 2012
My medical exam experience. (France)

I called the designated doctor in my town Toulouse (France) straight after receiving my instructions on a Wednesday. Dr. Mousset gave me an appointment for Tuesday, a week after.

I arrived with the section A part of the medical report (IMM 1017 (05-2010)), 3 passport photos and my passport. He checked my identity and brought out the other documents needed for the exam (IMM 5419 section B, C, D, E). I then had to glue my photos on section D (Laboratory requisition) and section E (chest x-ray report) and sign each form.
You can find all the forms and information regarding the exam on the CIC side under "Designated Medical Practitioner Handbook" (shame that I only found out about it after the check up). However the medical forms are case specific (I wasn't asked all questions and was not fully checked) so just take them to prepare yourself for what might come. Another tip...try to eat healthy at least a few weeks before the exam and drink lots of water before the urine and blood test ;°)

He then asked me the questions on form section B (about operation and hospital treatment, anxiety and depression, cardiovascular diseases, digestion problem, tuberculosis, hepatitis, diabetes, kidney diseases, drug abuse, medication and so on). If you answer yes to one question the doctor will ask for an explanation (wasn't the case for me but that's what is written on the report).
The second part of his examination is the physical one (section C). He checked my weight, eyes, mouth, skin, blood pressure, abdomen, reflexes. He asked me about my blood pressure, but I hardly heard him speaking so I'd just said I don't know what's my general reading. To be honest Dr. Mousset was very cold all throughout the exam and hardly said a word. He made me feel pretty uncomfortable and I was happy to get out of the office fast, so I forgot to ask if the exam was fine.

Anyway he gave me the address of the laboratory and the radiology and the forms for each practitioner. The laboratory has a walk-in service and I was able to get my urine and blood the same day. I asked the nurses if I can get the results or call them to see if everything is fine, but it's not possible. They told me that I have to ask my doctor for the results. I doubt I will be tempted to to do, since he is so unappealing.

For the chest x-ray I had to get an appointment (2 days later). This is pretty straight forward. The nurses will take you chest x-ray and after waiting a few minutes in the waiting area you will be informed if your lungs are fine. If there should be a problem apparently a doctor will talk to you and you have to take some further tests. Mine was fine, thank the lord.

So what's next? Well I have been told by the doc that it takes about 10 days for CIC in Paris to get the results. Cross fingers that my test results are all good and I won't have to undergo an additional exam. (As curious as I am I actually google too much about the medical exam and found out that if sth is wrong one will be asked to do some extra examinations...driving myself alone insane, thinking what if...although I am actually healthy without a medical history).
Well let's see what the future beholds and hopefully I won't have to wait much longer for my work permit.
I keep y updated.

x

Miss C

Jan 16, 2012
I forgot to mention the cost of the whole check-up here in France.
It does depend on the doctor and city but the differences from one doc to another won't be that much.
Medical exam with the doc: 85 euros
Laboratory tests: 38 euros
Radiology: 40 euros
Total: 163 euros

Miss C

Jan 16, 2012
Here is a little update on my situation.

Well I passed my medical exam on Feb 28 and a week and a half later I called the doc to check if everything is fine. At the same time I asked him if he has tested me for Hep B/C cause I have got a tattoo (I found the info on the forum). He said not really and that he will check with the laboratory but it's all fine and on the way.
Unfortunately I wasn't at home for a whole week but it turns out that he called me back the same day. Now I have to wait another week to find out why he called me back (it's for the additional test, for sure) cause he isn't working on Fridays and Mondays. Great!

I am quite annoyed with the Dr. Mousset cause he should know that everyone who has a tattoo has to be tested for Hep B/C and because of it I will lose some precious time again. I do hope he hasn't sent my medical papers to Paris yet, but whatever the case it will add at least another 2-3 weeks to my processing time. Also I will pass the 30 day time-frame for passing the medical test next week, so I hope it won't cause any further delays.

ps: He does have my cell phone number, so I don't understand why he didn't call me on this phone.
Sigh!!!!!

europegirl

Mar 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
NOC 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-feb.2012
Doc's Request.
Completed. 17-Feb.2012
AOR Received.
25-Apr. 2012
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
Med's Request
2-Jul-2012 dated 25-June-2012
Med's Done....
11-July-2012 Result sent July 18, 2012
Interview........
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
SUbmitted together with other Documents 17-Feb. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
October 2012
hi there!

Is any of you applied from Europe, like Norway? Under the live in caregiver program? pls reply, thank you

europegirl

Mar 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
NOC 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-feb.2012
Doc's Request.
Completed. 17-Feb.2012
AOR Received.
25-Apr. 2012
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
October 2012
Hi Miss C.

What is the status of your application now? when did you apply?

Miss C

Jan 16, 2012
Hi europegirl,

I just received my approval letter and I am ready to go to Canada!! So happy!!!! After 4months waiting the ordeal is over!

The whole process took longer than I expected.
Here is my time-line:
Nov 9th 2011: employer applied for LMO in Toronto (14weeks)
Feb 8th 2012: approval LMO received
Feb 9th: Paris office received live-in caregiver work permit application
Feb 22d: Medical form received
Feb 28th: Medical exam in Toulouse
March 23d: work permit approval

Hope that helps! At what stage are you with your Live-in caregiver application?

europegirl

Mar 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
NOC 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-feb.2012
Doc's Request.
Completed. 17-Feb.2012
AOR Received.
25-Apr. 2012
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
October 2012
Hi again Miss C. :)

Congratulations! ;D

I'm a Filipino working here in Norway as au pair. I just submitted my complete application and documents in London last Feb 11 via registered mail and it arrived in the Embassy Feb. 17. So it's already 1 month and 6 days to be exact. I'm still waiting for the letter regarding medical. I don't have any idea whether they are processing my papers or not. They said in the website, that once they received my application, I need to assume that my papers is processing normally.

Well I hope soon, I will receive a letter from the Embassy.

Miss C

Jan 16, 2012
Hi there,

I have no clue about the processing time in London. Have you checked the CIC London site?
Ah, it says it takes about 6-8 weeks at least. But be prepared that they might call you for an interview before the medical exam. I was lucky to get away with it. (would add additional time)

If you pass the 10 weeks time-line you can write them an urgent mails but so far you're in the time frame, so don't worry about it as they say they're working on it. I know it is a very stressful process but stay positive. I have been told by the Canadian Consulate that it take about 5-6 weeks including the medical exam and they were spot on!

One question: Does the London office takes applications from citizens from the Philippines or do you count as a Swedish resident?

ps: Where about in Canada you're going to work, if I may ask?

x

europegirl

Mar 21, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London Visa Office
NOC Code......
NOC 6474 LCP
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-feb.2012
Doc's Request.
Completed. 17-Feb.2012
AOR Received.
25-Apr. 2012
IELTS Request
No IELTS Required
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
25-06-2012
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
September 2012
LANDED..........
October 2012
Miss C said:
Hi there,

I have no clue about the processing time in London. Have you checked the CIC London site?
Ah, it says it takes about 6-8 weeks at least. But be prepared that they might call you for an interview before the medical exam. I was lucky to get away with it. (would add additional time)

If you pass the 10 weeks time-line you can write them an urgent mails but so far you're in the time frame, so don't worry about it as they say they're working on it. I know it is a very stressful process but stay positive. I have been told by the Canadian Consulate that it take about 5-6 weeks including the medical exam and they were spot on!

One question: Does the London office takes applications from citizens from the Philippines or do you count as a Swedish resident?

ps: Where about in Canada you're going to work, if I may ask?

x
Hi Miss C

I checked the CIC London, and it says there 8-10 weeks, and I think plus 4 weeks for Medical.

Im holding a resident permit for Au Pairs, our job is not under the working permit. I have a friend as well who managed to process her papers here in Norway. She told me that after a month she received a letter from the Embassy, well I hope I will receive it by next week,just before the easter holiday.

I will work in Alberta.

Miss C

Jan 16, 2012
Hey that's great news.
I think that in general the visa offices in Europe work pretty fast and they are efficient, so you should be ok.
Good luck with your application!