+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two Way courier services VFS New Delhi - India

Nan33

Sep 19, 2020
Hi All, I know I may be asking a silly question but I already once got my passport returned due to incorrect photo specifications. So this time trying to be extra careful. The photographer stamped the name and address of the studio vertically (70mm 2 3/4inch side) at the back side of the photo because the stamp size was quite lager and couldn't the fit horizontal side (50mm 2inch). So can I also write my my name, DOB and photo taken date at vertical direction. will it create a problem?

Please refer to the photo stamp here at this link PHOTO (this sample photo is an extra copy)
Thanks a lot for all your help and guidance

Nfzz

Aug 8, 2021
Hi All, I know I may be asking a silly question but I already once got my passport returned due to incorrect photo specifications. So this time trying to be extra careful. The photographer stamped the name and address of the studio vertically (70mm 2 3/4inch side) at the back side of the photo because the stamp size was quite lager and couldn't the fit horizontal side (50mm 2inch). So can I also write my my name, DOB and photo taken date at vertical direction. will it create a problem?

Please refer to the photo stamp here at this link PHOTO (this sample photo is an extra copy)
When do we know that our photos have been rejected? Do we get any notifications or do we come to know only after we get our passports back? I tried with the photographer thrice to get the exact size but still i wasnt satisfied. Made a mistake of sending them anyway because the bluedart guy was at the doorstep. Pp reached ircc on 16th aug! Vfs tracking shows no update. Super worried now

Nfzz

Aug 8, 2021
Received the passport without stamping.
reason: photo dimensions are not correct.
Unfortunately, not sure what went wrong here. I have taken the photograph guide to the studio last time and taken the pictures.
When do we know that our photos have been rejected? Do we get any notifications or do we come to know only after we get our passports back? I tried with the photographer thrice to get the exact size but still i wasnt satisfied. Made a mistake of sending them anyway because the bluedart guy was at the doorstep. Pp reached ircc on 16th aug! Vfs tracking shows no update. Super worried now

Nfzz

Aug 8, 2021
Regarding photo-
The first time we submitted the passports, the vfs informed us tht our photo dumensions were wrong and we had to take the photo again at the vfs photo booth. So this time whn we couriered the passports, we were extra careful.
Things to note- the representation in the directions for photo is NOT the specific measurements but just the representation. Ensure that the photographer does NOT edit the photo as per the representative image. They did tht mistake in my photograph. Measure the dimensions with the ruler in the studio itself. Dont cross even an mm more.
An almost ideal way would be to chk if the old copr photo has the right measurements. If yes thn get them to scan tht photo and edit the new photo according to tht.
Total photo length- width and chin to top of head length are what matters

Nan33

Sep 19, 2020
In my case i dint get any notification from high commission of Canada, new Delhi regarding wrong photo specifications. If I am not wrong, few of the applicants mentioned in this thread that a counterfoil will be generated if COPR got stamped on our passport. we can check counterfoil using our GC key. Please check with those guys I am not sure about the counterfoil part because i didn't receive any kind of notification from high commission. Only after getting my passport from blue drat guy, i opened the courier and saw that COPR was not stamped and a letter from high commission stating that my COPR was not stamped due to incorrect photo specifications

Reactions: Son7515

InterstellarImmigrant

Star Member
May 11, 2021

Hi,
I personally don’t think that should be any problem as long as the details are mentioned at the back. Just be sure to measure the size of the face (chin to top of head) to be between 31mm-36mm and photo dimensions 50mmx70mm.

rk440

Oct 6, 2020
In my case, I came to know that the passport has not stamped only after delivering the passport to me. after passport has dispatched from the IRCC to VFS, I was expecting the counterfoil, but unfortunately haven't generated, so that time itself I got doubt. So, now I identified that the photographer has made mistake. I am trying to find the correct photo studio in Chennai.

I think you no need to worry, if its approximately matching with their expectation they may approve. All the best!

Reactions: Nfzz