+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two times Study Permit Rejection Affects on Immigration Case

raminkosha

Dec 2, 2013
Professionals!

Unfortunately, i have two rejections (Study Permit) in 2015, now my situation has been changed and i have to leave country due to some threats for me and my family. Will those two study permit rejection affect my immigration case to Canada. please provide your in-dept knowledge. thanks :(

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
The more rejections an applicant has, the more suspicious the visa officer will be that any future sponsorship is just another attempt to get into Canada, this time by a marriage of convenience.
One failed TRV application when the applicant was trying to visit his or her spouse will be noted, but is probably OK and probably won't negatively affect the PR application. The more there are, the worse it looks. You have two - that should be OK, but the visa officer will definitely take it into account.
The way you deal with this potential red flag is to submit more evidence that your relationship is genuine (if you are being sponsored by a spouse or partner) than someone from your country would normally have to send. To repeat, two is probably OK, but the visa officer may have questions.

raminkosha

Dec 2, 2013
Thanks a lot canadianwoman, very good points you mentioned.

To be more specific, i should say that my case would be refugee, as i have to leave my country to a second country and from there i would be sponsored by a friend to canada. may take several years.

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
You should post in the Refugee section of the forum. This is for Canadians and PRs sponsoring their spouses. The procedures are completely different for the two, so you would get better information from the people in the Refugee and Asylum section who have gone through the same process.

ImABule

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2016
Ottawa, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 25, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
March 24, 2016 AOR2 April 15, 2016
File Transfer...
SA April 5, 2016
Med's Done....
February 02, 2016
Interview........
Queue- August 29, 2016 Waived- November 15, 2016
Passport Req..
November 17, 2016 DM- November 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
November 29, 2016
LANDED..........
December 19, 2016
canadianwoman said:
The more rejections an applicant has, the more suspicious the visa officer will be that any future sponsorship is just another attempt to get into Canada, this time by a marriage of convenience.
One failed TRV application when the applicant was trying to visit his or her spouse will be noted, but is probably OK and probably won't negatively affect the PR application. The more there are, the worse it looks. You have two - that should be OK, but the visa officer will definitely take it into account.
The way you deal with this potential red flag is to submit more evidence that your relationship is genuine (if you are being sponsored by a spouse or partner) than someone from your country would normally have to send. To repeat, two is probably OK, but the visa officer may have questions.
I think that rejections will only make an officer suspicious if they come before the two people become spouses. It is normal for spouses to try and visit their significant other in Canada.

For example, after our wedding my wife applied for a Study Permit which was denied. Three months later we submitted the PR application. I highly doubt the fact that my wife tried to come to Canada after marrying a Canadian will have any impact on our application whatsoever. We explained that we wanted to develop a longer period of cohabitation besides my visits, have my wife experience Canadian lifestyle, be able to spend time with my family, and improve her already well developed English language skills to make herself more employable in Canada before applying for PR. On top of that my parents wrote a letter of financial support and offered to cover her international student tuition charges, books, winter apparel and showed a bank statement. We included that in our PR application as we think it's excellent proof of my family accepting my wife into our family and proof our marriage is genuine.

In fact we are currently putting together a TRV application to try our luck with that. I visited in March and we vacationed in Bali, but I only have two weeks vacation left and I don't want to use it until the interview is waived. If there is an interview I want to have the time off to accompany my wife to the interview if it would take place this year. Therefore the only way we can be together in the next coming months is for her to visit me. I think even if it is denied that if anything it will show that we are trying to be in the same place.

However, had she applied before we met/gotten married, then I could see it being taken into account.