+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two or more certificates, Diplomas or Degrees ( need clarity)

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hello ishq74
What about a certificate to be obtained from a Canadian university and it is online for 9 month only. Would this certificate be considered in addition to my ECA report "bachelor" as {two or more certificate, diploma or degree} category?

I'm confused if there is a specific requirement for the certificate duration (9 months)

Thanks in advance
Seems like if you add this and system will award your points.

"Have you earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate?

Note: to answer yes:
  • English or French as a Second Language must not have made up more than half your study
  • you must not have studied under an award that required you to return to your home country after graduation to apply your skills and knowledge
  • you must have studied at a school within Canada (foreign campuses don’t count)
  • you had to be enrolled full time for at least eight months, and have been physically present in Canada for at least eight months
If you can maintain the above scenario then ypu may receive your desired points
Minimum duration should at least eight months where your one nine month.

Mohammadhj88

Jul 18, 2018
Seems like if you add this and system will award your points.

"Have you earned a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate?

Note: to answer yes:
  • English or French as a Second Language must not have made up more than half your study
  • you must not have studied under an award that required you to return to your home country after graduation to apply your skills and knowledge
  • you must have studied at a school within Canada (foreign campuses don’t count)
  • you had to be enrolled full time for at least eight months, and have been physically present in Canada for at least eight months
If you can maintain the above scenario then ypu may receive your desired points
Minimum duration should at least eight months where your one nine month.
Thanks but last point is:
you had to be enrolled full time for at least eight months, and have been physically present in Canada for at leasteight months
While mine is online??

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Thanks but last point is:
you had to be enrolled full time for at least eight months, and have been physically present in Canada for at leasteight months
While mine is online??
Yes unfortunately, this is how they have demonstrated and I would love to learn if any other way it can be done. Thanks

Mohammadhj88

Jul 18, 2018
Yes unfortunately, this is how they have demonstrated and I would love to learn if any other way it can be done. Thanks
Many thanks for your answers, however, if uk online certificate would be accredited in ECA, then why about having Canada online one but I will not consider it as "study in canada"?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Many thanks for your answers, however, if uk online certificate would be accredited in ECA, then why about having Canada online one but I will not consider it as "study in canada"?
Problem is you cannot do ECA on Canadian certificate. So unless you are in Canada during your study, you cannot claim Canadian degree points which is less than one year. If it is a distance learning Canadian program which is atleast one year long then you can use it, but you will not get Canadian study points if more than 50% study was distance learning!

Reactions: Mohammadhj88

shahvishal679

Star Member
Aug 19, 2018
Hi all,

Greetings !

Please help me to understand :
1) If the option of selecting Two or more certificates, Diplomas or Degrees ... has been removed / does not exist anymore ? as I as was unable to view that option post signing into the GCkey !

2) if not please see below narration from my WES report and kindly advice if I am eligible to select " two or more certificates.." option which will help me to boost my score. Below education is after 10+2.

A) Credential 1: Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology ( 3 years )
Major/Specialization: Hotel Management and Catering Technology
Canadian Equivalency: Diploma (three years)

B) Credential 2: Bachelor of Science (3 years but first 2 years exempted due to diploma with same major.)
Major/Specialization: Hotel and Tourism Management
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)

My education in a nut shell : 10 + 2 + 3 (diploma) + 1(degree where 1st 2 years exempted but Canadian equivalency as per ECA is bachelor's Degree 3 years)

Your honest opinions will help me a lot ! Thanks in advance !
Hi Harry,I have studied Bachelors of commerce (B.Com) and then I did two 1 year courses can I apply for 2 or more Certificate?

Thanks

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi Harry,I have studied Bachelors of commerce (B.Com) and then I did two 1 year courses can I apply for 2 or more Certificate?

Thanks
did you get ECA?

Aug 26, 2017
You will receive points for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be a program of 3 or more years". Both of your credentials must be from "Recognized Institution". Please check your report.

To understand the whole "two or more degree' equivalency please refer to this post by @Maverick28
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/two-or-more-certificates-degrees-or-diploma-lets-get-it-sorted.560332/#post-6996995

To check your credential's Level of Education, please go to this site-
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html

Now for your specific query I am going to demonstrate how enter your credential correctly in EE profile-

Here I am showing you how to enter detail for your diploma, you should follow same for your bachelors degree. In EE they have put 3 or more years diploma and Bachelors degree together, so your level of education for your diploma will be "Bachelors degree OR 3 or more years program". After you enter both credentials and submit the profile, system will count your points automatically and award you points for "two or more degree'.

You will have following questions to answer in your EE profile to add your Diploma-

Name of the credential: should be "Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology"
Institute name: should be awarding university name (not the college name, check ECA report)
Start Date: diploma start date
is it your current study? answer NO
End Date: diploma end date(usually last day of exam)
Completed Academic years: 3 years
Level of education: Bachelors OR 3 or more years program...
Have you completed Canadian degree during this time? answer NO
have you got ECA? answer YES
which organization: WES
reference number: WES ref no (it ends with 'IMM')
ECA report Date: Eca completion date (check report)
Level of Education as per the ECA: Bachelors OR three or more years program

Click Save and Add, it will show at the bottom of the page, you can add your bachelors after.

Hope it helps. Good Luck!
Dear @ishq74

I've been following your answers for the "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be a program of 3 or more years" since unfortunately I also fall under the same category. Here's the doubt that I have.

My case:

Credential one: Bachelor of Technology - I.T. and Canadian Equivalency: Bachelors (four years)
Credential two: M.B.A. Operations Management and Canadian Equivalency: PostGraduate Diploma (one year)
Overall Canada Equivalency Summary: Bachelor's degree (four years) and master's degree

I request you to enlighten me on selecting the Canadian Equivalence for the Second credential since, following are the only options showing up in the EE profile for Canadian Equivalence.

- None or less than Secondary Diploma
- Secondary Diploma
-One year program at University, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
-Two year program at University, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
-Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
-Master Degree or Professional degree
- Doctor level University Degree (PhD)

I am trying so hard to understand which one to choose from the above option for the "Credential 2". I'd be so grateful for your advice.

Thanks & Regards,
Vignesh

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Dear @ishq74

I've been following your answers for the "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees, one must be a program of 3 or more years" since unfortunately I also fall under the same category. Here's the doubt that I have.

My case:

Credential one: Bachelor of Technology - I.T. and Canadian Equivalency: Bachelors (four years)
Credential two: M.B.A. Operations Management and Canadian Equivalency: PostGraduate Diploma (one year)
Overall Canada Equivalency Summary: Bachelor's degree (four years) and master's degree

I request you to enlighten me on selecting the Canadian Equivalence for the Second credential since, following are the only options showing up in the EE profile for Canadian Equivalence.

- None or less than Secondary Diploma
- Secondary Diploma
-One year program at University, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
-Two year program at University, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
-Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute
-Master Degree or Professional degree
- Doctor level University Degree (PhD)

I am trying so hard to understand which one to choose from the above option for the "Credential 2". I'd be so grateful for your advice.

Thanks & Regards,
Vignesh
**One year!

For detail instructions on how to enter education, you can read this-
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/query-for-multiple-noc-for-ee-profile.589838/#post-7322084

Good Luck!

Aug 7, 2018
No part time study won't affect any score. You can PM me here in Canada visa. I would be happy to offer any help. Good luck!
I have a Bachelors degree (BAMS) and this qualification can be approved by IQAS. However, to score more points, I was thinking of getting myself eligible for "Two or more certificates" by pursuing a one year PG diploma only, which can be finished as soon as possible. I am into a government job and can only study part-time near to my place (which is Pathankot). Time is of essence and I want to finish this as early as possible. Based on your experience, any suggestions on specific PG courses in universities which shall has a successful history of positive assessment from IQAS. Thanks

velocityblood

Star Member
Jan 4, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
I have a Bachelors degree (BAMS) and this qualification can be approved by IQAS. However, to score more points, I was thinking of getting myself eligible for "Two or more certificates" by pursuing a one year PG diploma only, which can be finished as soon as possible. I am into a government job and can only study part-time near to my place (which is Pathankot). Time is of essence and I want to finish this as early as possible. Based on your experience, any suggestions on specific PG courses in universities which shall has a successful history of positive assessment from IQAS. Thanks
Purchase a PG diploma from Annamalai University and get it assessed at WES. It may cost about 1 Lacs. Or else you can complete a course of one year in just 6 months by giving all the exams in one go ( one guy I know have doe this). My answer is based on the post and articles I have read at other places. I don't deal in any such things.

cesarcid

Oct 11, 2019
Hello ishq74
What about a certificate to be obtained from a Canadian university and it is online for 9 month only. Would this certificate be considered in addition to my ECA report "bachelor" as {two or more certificate, diploma or degree} category?

I'm confused if there is a specific requirement for the certificate duration (9 months)

Thanks in advance
Have you tried getting an online certificate? Did it count for your EE education points for "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees"?

aj534160

Apr 13, 2019
Purchase a PG diploma from Annamalai University and get it assessed at WES. It may cost about 1 Lacs. Or else you can complete a course of one year in just 6 months by giving all the exams in one go ( one guy I know have doe this). My answer is based on the post and articles I have read at other places. I don't deal in any such things.

Hello Dear,

I'm just starting to update/add a credential to my WES account.
I completed BE from Anna Univ and got the ECA for it done by WES
I recently completed my MBA from Anna University and I need some assistance. I chose "add a new credential" option in WES.

Anna Univ says they cannot send the transcript to WES and we have to do it from the university's PO. They however will provide the transcript in a sealed envelope (Signed by Anna Univ). Can we post it from the Campus PO?

Does WES send the Secondary Verification Request for all candidates to universities?

And if yes, while we ask University to provide us the transcript, can we pay them the fees for acknowledgement of Secondary Verification in advance?

Let us say we see the Secondary verification status in WES account, can we immediately approach the univ and pay them the fee to respond to WES mail. If we do that how long will the univ take to complete it?

And finally, how much did it take in your scenario to get all these done?

Apologies for quite a lot of questions, but you know, there is no one to guide me and that's why asking these.

Thanks in advance bro

velocityblood

Star Member
Jan 4, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello Dear,

I'm just starting to update/add a credential to my WES account.
I completed BE from Anna Univ and got the ECA for it done by WES
I recently completed my MBA from Anna University and I need some assistance. I chose "add a new credential" option in WES.

Anna Univ says they cannot send the transcript to WES and we have to do it from the university's PO. They however will provide the transcript in a sealed envelope (Signed by Anna Univ). Can we post it from the Campus PO?

Yes u can send from university PO. It is ok

Does WES send the Secondary Verification Request for all candidates to universities?

Not to every one, only if they have some doubts, but not sure to which ones.

And if yes, while we ask University to provide us the transcript, can we pay them the fees for acknowledgement of Secondary Verification in advance?
Not sure.

Let us say we see the Secondary verification status in WES account, can we immediately approach the univ and pay them the fee to respond to WES mail. If we do that how long will the univ take to complete it?

Not sure

And finally, how much did it take in your scenario to get all these done?

It took abut 90 days.

Apologies for quite a lot of questions, but you know, there is no one to guide me and that's why asking these.

Thanks in advance bro