FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
Hello, I'm have studied MBA (Marketing) and B.Tech (IT) before that. Prior MBA I had 10 months of experience as Software Engineer (NOC 2173) and post MBA I have 2.2 years of experience as IT Consultant (NOC 2171). But while selecting work experience in CRS tool, it shows that experience should be from same occupation. I am not sure whether both of my profiles are in same occupation?

Also it says experience should be continuous, while I worked for 10 months, then did MBA and then worked for 26 months, will it be considered continuous?

Immigrants who had similar case please help me out, I need to submit my EE profile to pool ASAP.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Hello, I'm have studied MBA (Marketing) and B.Tech (IT) before that. Prior MBA I had 10 months of experience as Software Engineer (NOC 2173) and post MBA I have 2.2 years of experience as IT Consultant (NOC 2171). But while selecting work experience in CRS tool, it shows that experience should be from same occupation. I am not sure whether both of my profiles are in same occupation?

Also it says experience should be continuous, while I worked for 10 months, then did MBA and then worked for 26 months, will it be considered continuous?

Immigrants who had similar case please help me out, I need to submit my EE profile to pool ASAP.
You can claim maximum 6 years of experience for FSW eligibility points and maximum 3 years experience for Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points.
You can have multiple jobs and NOCs no problem. So one of the jobs can be even 1 month long, still you can add it to claim combined experience points for fsw and crs. Being said that, You must have at least One Year Continuous Paid work experience in one of the work experiences. You must select NOC code of this particular work experience as your Primary NOC. In short you can claim as many work experiences as you want if you have minimum 1 year continuous work experience in your Primary NOC. In your case you cannot select noc 2173 as your primary noc but can claim points to make combine three years experience. You have to select NOC 2171 as your Primary NOC.

You only need One year Continuous work experience in your Primary NOC. Rest of the experiences can be any year from last ten years.

kunalsingla1991

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
You can claim maximum 6 years of experience for FSW eligibility points and maximum 3 years experience for Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) points.
You can have multiple jobs and NOCs no problem. So one of the jobs can be even 1 month long, still you can add it to claim combined experience points for fsw and crs. Being said that, You must have at least One Year Continuous Paid work experience in one of the work experiences. You must select NOC code of this particular work experience as your Primary NOC. In short you can claim as many work experiences as you want if you have minimum 1 year continuous work experience in your Primary NOC. In your case you cannot select noc 2173 as your primary noc but can claim points to make combine three years experience. You have to select NOC 2171 as your Primary NOC.

You only need One year Continuous work experience in your Primary NOC. Rest of the experiences can be any year from last ten years.
Thanks a lot for detailed answer, I also had one more query if you can answer, are my NOCs 2171 and 2173 relevant to my profile of Btech IT + MBA Mktg?
I am assuming both my NOC are relevant for Btech in IT and not for my MBA. So will it be fine if both my NOCs are based on my Btech qualification?

Because my organization is not going to provide reference letter to me and its on me to to present the role and responsibilities. While my current role is IT Analyst (2171), I can show Software Engineer (2173) as current role too. Also when you said make NOC 2171 as your primary NOC, where do you have option of doing that? While creating EE profile?

Reactions: sam.isatis

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Thanks a lot for detailed answer, I also had one more query if you can answer, are my NOCs 2171 and 2173 relevant to my profile of Btech IT + MBA Mktg?
I am assuming both my NOC are relevant for Btech in IT and not for my MBA. So will it be fine if both my NOCs are based on my Btech qualification?

Because my organization is not going to provide reference letter to me and its on me to to present the role and responsibilities. While my current role is IT Analyst (2171), I can show Software Engineer (2173) as current role too. Also when you said make NOC 2171 as your primary NOC, where do you have option of doing that? While creating EE profile?
When you will be creating EE profile you will understand the process yourself. In work history section there will be option to choose your primary NOC. Then there is a question when you first become qualified to do this job, you should insert the day you graduated your B.Tech. Then you will have option to enter your work experiences separately. Here you will put each work experience and its detail such as designation, company name, start date, end date, weekly hours, NOC code etc. Once you are done with this and completed other parts of the form then submit it, system will automatically compute your work experience points.

Regarding relation between your study and work experience, You DO NOT need to demonstrate you have related degree unless it is regulated profession such as doctors, architects, lawyers etc. for example you cannot claim to have medical experience with an engineering degree. So you will not have any problem regarding your MBA and IT experience.

If you cannot provide a reference letter then you must provide strong proof of employments, You should provide as many proofs as you can such as appointment letter, promotion letter, releasing letter, Job contract, Pay stubs, tax documents, salary deposit bank statements etc. along with a notarize reference letter on a plain paper from your colleague with contact number and his/her id/visiting card. You should add a letter of explanation to explain the whole situation.

Without a formal experience letter as per the IRCC requirements, you can prove your experience with above mentioned documents and it may get accepted by the visa officer but it will definitely delay your application significantly up to a year because initially a case analyst will tag your file as "review required". So be mentally prepared for this.

Start filling up the EE profile if you have your ECA and IELTS ready, It is not that difficult to understand. If you still have any concern ask here.

Good Luck!

kunalsingla1991

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
When you will be creating EE profile you will understand the process yourself. In work history section there will be option to choose your primary NOC. Then there is a question when you first become qualified to do this job, you should insert the day you graduated your B.Tech. Then you will have option to enter your work experiences separately. Here you will put each work experience and its detail such as designation, company name, start date, end date, weekly hours, NOC code etc. Once you are done with this and completed other parts of the form then submit it, system will automatically compute your work experience points.

Regarding relation between your study and work experience, You DO NOT need to demonstrate you have related degree unless it is regulated profession such as doctors, architects, lawyers etc. for example you cannot claim to have medical experience with an engineering degree. So you will not have any problem regarding your MBA and IT experience.

If you cannot provide a reference letter then you must provide strong proof of employments, You should provide as many proofs as you can such as appointment letter, promotion letter, releasing letter, Job contract, Pay stubs, tax documents, salary deposit bank statements etc. along with a notarize reference letter on a plain paper from your colleague with contact number and his/her id/visiting card. You should add a letter of explanation to explain the whole situation.

Without a formal experience letter as per the IRCC requirements, you can prove your experience with above mentioned documents and it may get accepted by the visa officer but it will definitely delay your application significantly up to a year because initially a case analyst will tag your file as "review required". So be mentally prepared for this.

Start filling up the EE profile if you have your ECA and IELTS ready, It is not that difficult to understand. If you still have any concern ask here.

Good Luck!
Thanks a ton :D.. I cant thank you enough, I am yet to receive ECA, it should be done by 26th and I have started filling out EE profile, but was on first tab itself..I was waiting for ECA to be finished, but I guess I should start filling it in case I need some clarifications, as the next draw should be immediately after 26th...I am done with IELTS though.

Thanks for the insight of application getting delayed due to this, wasn't expecting that..hope it gets over soon and I am able to travel when the Summer is still ON in Canada..fingers crossed

kunalsingla1991

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Med's Done....
11-01-2019

Good Luck!
I have received my ECA, it shows Bachelor's 4 years and Post Graduate Diploma 1 year, even though I did full-time MBA for 2 year, I have dropped them a mail asking the same, though I have CRS of 471, so should I proceed for making profile for EE? If yes, what category of education should I choose? Two or more degree/certificate/diploma?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
I have received my ECA, it shows Bachelor's 4 years and Post Graduate Diploma 1 year, even though I did full-time MBA for 2 year, I have dropped them a mail asking the same, though I have CRS of 471, so should I proceed for making profile for EE? If yes, what category of education should I choose? Two or more degree/certificate/diploma?
I have helped others for similar case, here I am re-posting it for you. 471 is good enough for any draw, If you have IELTS ready then you should proceed.

You will get points for two or more degree points. But you don't chose to get points, you have to enter details separately and the system will calculate the points and show you in your profile.

You can check yourself the education points here-
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html

Now let me advice you how to enter detail in EE profile. First go to this link and create GCKey and start your EE profile. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile.html

When you will start the process, first there will be some eligibility questions called "Come to Canada". Here you need to select your education as "Two or more degree". You need 67 points based on Six Selection Factors to become eligible for express entry. To understand this please check the following link-
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

You can use this Come to Canada Tool to check your eligibility.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool-immigration-express-entry.html

If you become eligible you will have option to start your EE Profile. You need your Passport, ECA and IELTS report to start the process. Once you finish filling up all sections and submit the profile, within 24 hours your score will display and you will be ready for an EE draw. You do not need anything else until you receive ITA. There are many sections to fill out in the form, you can do that, its all basic.

Here I am particularly telling you about education history section. If you need help for other sections you always can ask the forum.

You need to enter your both credentials separately. You will have following questions to answer in your EE profile to add your Credentials-

You will have following questions to answer in your EE profile to add your Bachelors-

Has (your name) finished high school or any higher education (University,College or Vocational): Yes
Field of study: your field of study
Since what year: BTech start date
This is my current study: NO
To: BTech end date(usually last day of exam)
Completed Academic years: your actual degree duration usually 4 years.
Full time/Part time: Full Time
Standing at the end of study period: Certificate or Diploma or Degree awarded
Country of study: Your country of education
City of study: City of your institute
Institute name: should be awarding university name (not the college name, check ECA report)
Level of education: Bachelors OR three or more years program
Have you completed Canadian degree during this time? answer NO
have you got ECA within last five years? answer YES
Name of the organization: WES/IQAS/ICES
Date ECA report issued: Eca completion date (check report)
ECA certificate number: ref no (it ends with 'IMM')
Level of Education as per the ECA: Bachelors OR three or more years program

Click Save and Add, it will show at the bottom of the page, you can add your MBA after.

You will have following questions to answer in your EE profile to add your MBA-

Has (your name) finished high school or any higher education (University,College or Vocational): Yes
Field of study: Business Administration
Since what year: MBA start date
To: MBA end date(usually last day of exam)
Completed Academic years: 2 Years
Institute name: should be awarding university name (not the college name, check ECA report)
Level of education: Masters or professional degree
Level of Education as per the ECA: One year program at university

Click Save and Add, it will show at the bottom of the page. That is all, once you submit your profile your system will automatically calculate your points and award you points for "two or more". Don't worry about the ECA equivalency of completed years. You need to enter your academic years not what ECA mentioned, that is equivalency as per the Canadian standard.

Hope it helps. Good Luck!

Sifat_Abir

Oct 13, 2018

Good Luck!
Great details. Thank you for your explanation. Even I got a clear idea while visiting this thread.

Can you do me a favour by letting me know if I can update my job experience once after submitting the complete EE profile?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Great details. Thank you for your explanation. Even I got a clear idea while visiting this thread.

Can you do me a favour by letting me know if I can update my job experience once after submitting the complete EE profile?
Yes you can, but it will be recorded in the system. If you change something drastically, for example change the company name or replace your job duration with completely new job/dates, then it may raise an eyebrow of the Visa Officer which may lead him/her to investigate authenticity of your employment with extra caution/scrutiny. But minor changes should not be matter. I know this information from my own GCMS notes. I had corrected the spelling of name of my company and I noticed it was recorded in GCMS notes.

Reactions: Sifat_Abir

kunalsingla1991

Star Member
Aug 27, 2018
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
01-12-2018
Med's Done....
11-01-2019
I have helped others for similar case, here I am re-posting it for you. 471 is good enough for any draw, If you have IELTS ready then you should proceed.

You will get points for two or more degree points. But you don't chose to get points, you have to enter details separately and the system will calculate the points and show you in your profile.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/education-assessed/read-report.html

Now let me advice you how to enter detail in EE profile. First go to this link and create GCKey and start your EE profile. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/submit-profile.html

When you will start the process, first there will be some eligibility questions called "Come to Canada". Here you need to select your education as "Two or more degree". You need 67 points based on Six Selection Factors to become eligible for express entry. To understand this please check the following link-
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/federal-skilled-workers/six-selection-factors-federal-skilled-workers.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool-immigration-express-entry.html

If you become eligible you will have option to start your EE Profile. You need your Passport, ECA and IELTS report to start the process. Once you finish filling up all sections and submit the profile, within 24 hours your score will display and you will be ready for an EE draw. You do not need anything else until you receive ITA. There are many sections to fill out in the form, you can do that, its all basic.

Here I am particularly telling you about education history section. If you need help for other sections you always can ask the forum.

You need to enter your both credentials separately. You will have following questions to answer in your EE profile to add your Credentials-

You will have following questions to answer in your EE profile to add your Bachelors-

Click Save and Add, it will show at the bottom of the page, you can add your MBA after.

Click Save and Add, it will show at the bottom of the page. That is all, once you submit your profile your system will automatically calculate your points and award you points for "two or more". Don't worry about the ECA equivalency of completed years. You need to enter your academic years not what ECA mentioned, that is equivalency as per the Canadian standard.

Thanks, it did really help, I didnt know I have to add different credentials for both educational qualifications.
I have minor doubt on last tab of Research for EE profile My primary occupation is 2171 and another experience in 2173 ..I have selcted following answers for research tab:
Have you looked for a job in Canada in your primary occupation? What best describes the last action you took? Yes
Have you checked to see if your education and work experience in your primary occupation would be accepted in Canada? Yes
With whom did you check? Mark all that apply. Work-related or professional organization && Friend/relative/host/sponsor
Some jobs are regulated in Canada. You would need a license or certification to practice these jobs. Do you know if your primary occupation or trade is regulated? No

In last question, answer is Yes, No & I dont know.

Should I select 'No'? Because I know it's not regulated, but if I choose Yes it lists next question What have you done so far to get this license or certificate? Mark all that apply.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Thanks, it did really help, I didnt know I have to add different credentials for both educational qualifications.
I have minor doubt on last tab of Research for EE profile My primary occupation is 2171 and another experience in 2173 ..I have selcted following answers for research tab:
Have you looked for a job in Canada in your primary occupation? What best describes the last action you took? Yes
Have you checked to see if your education and work experience in your primary occupation would be accepted in Canada? Yes
With whom did you check? Mark all that apply. Work-related or professional organization && Friend/relative/host/sponsor
Some jobs are regulated in Canada. You would need a license or certification to practice these jobs. Do you know if your primary occupation or trade is regulated? No

In last question, answer is Yes, No & I dont know.

Should I select 'No'? Because I know it's not regulated, but if I choose Yes it lists next question What have you done so far to get this license or certificate? Mark all that apply.
I have opted not to participate in research questions so end of story there for me and there is no impact on our application for that.

Jun 23, 2018
At the bottom, you have mentioned 2 years under Completed Academic Years for MBA and at the last under level of education you have mentioned One year program. Is that correct or does Completed Academic years accepts the total years from start & end date of your course including the person has taken more than the actual degree duration while clearing all the supp exams. Suppose a person enrolled in 3 year degree course in 2010 & gave his last exam in 2015, then what shall he mention under COMPLETED ACADEMIC YEAR?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
At the bottom, you have mentioned 2 years under Completed Academic Years for MBA and at the last under level of education you have mentioned One year program. Is that correct or does Completed Academic years accepts the total years from start & end date of your course including the person has taken more than the actual degree duration while clearing all the supp exams. Suppose a person enrolled in 3 year degree course in 2010 & gave his last exam in 2015, then what shall he mention under COMPLETED ACADEMIC YEAR?
Read again mate, the bottom line is about the level of education mentioned in your ECA report. It is very common that, wes assess a 2 years masters as equivalent to 1 year pg diploma for few countries and Universities.
Academic years is the actual duration of the program. A person can fail multiple times or take study breaks but academic years will not change. If you are still not clear than just follow this simple rule- Your education points are solely based on your ECA.

Jun 23, 2018
Read again mate, the bottom line is about the level of education mentioned in your ECA report. It is very common that, wes assess a 2 years masters as equivalent to 1 year pg diploma for few countries and Universities.
Academic years is the actual duration of the program. A person can fail multiple times or take study breaks but academic years will not change. If you are still not clear than just follow this simple rule- Your education points are solely based on your ECA.
I was confused because my ECA report from IQAS only says that my level of education(MBA) is equivalent to Canadian MBA. It doesn't state the number of year program like you have mentioned. Secondly, I got my wife's ECA done from WES. She has done B.Ed & her degree's equivalency as per WES is Bachelor's degree four years. Though it was one year degree course after she completed B.Com, but the report doesn't say one year program under level of Canadian Equivalency & for B.Com it is equivalent to three years.

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
I was confused because my ECA report from IQAS only says that my level of education(MBA) is equivalent to Canadian MBA. It doesn't state the number of year program like you have mentioned. Secondly, I got my wife's ECA done from WES. She has done B.Ed & her degree's equivalency as per WES is Bachelor's degree four years. Though it was one year degree course after she completed B.Com, but the report doesn't say one year program under level of Canadian Equivalency & for B.Com it is equivalent to three years.
Buddy if you have IELTS report in your hand then I suggest you to start filling out the EE profile form. You will get clear idea once you start doing it, it is not that tough. For the level of education, the following options are available from a drop down menu-
  • secondary
  • One year program
  • Two years program
  • Bachelors OR three or more years program
  • Masters or professional program
  • PhD
For masters, level of education is masters, simple. Read my detailed post again, there are two kinds of level of education questions, one is your actual level of education and second one is at last, ECA level of education. For you both are masters and for your wife's B.Ed, actual will be "One year program" and ECA level is "Bachelors OR three or more years program". Completed academic year is 1 year. Then if you list her Bcom, Both level of education will be "Bachelors OR three or more years program" and completed academic years 3.

This is best I could explain you. Try it, you will figure out.