+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two CRA account because different SINs cause Tax Return Issues using 3rd party like SimpleTax

s3nr1

Star Member
May 11, 2013
Hi,

So I became PR on June 2020, I already went through the tax process of the previous year. When trying to login after receiving a new SIN I was told to call CRA, they then told me to create a new CRA account. I went to the same process of waiting for the mail for my access code and now it seems I have full access of the new account.

However, I see these issues:

- I cannot see my returns that was on the old SIN, I can see them in the list but when clicking on them I got an error that service is currently unavailable.
- Some sections on the page gives me that issue as well.
- When trying to load CRA My account in SimpleTax, I'm getting an error that I need to use a Representative. Basically I want to autofill like I have been doing in SimpleTax for years.

Anyone those same issues? Did you fix yours? How? Thanks!

Ude

May 6, 2017
That’s strange.

I have access to all mine.
You may have to call them to link both accounts

Reactions: s3nr1

MelJohn

Mar 16, 2020
Hi,

So I became PR on June 2020, I already went through the tax process of the previous year. When trying to login after receiving a new SIN I was told to call CRA, they then told me to create a new CRA account. I went to the same process of waiting for the mail for my access code and now it seems I have full access of the new account.

However, I see these issues:

- I cannot see my returns that was on the old SIN, I can see them in the list but when clicking on them I got an error that service is currently unavailable.
- Some sections on the page gives me that issue as well.
- When trying to load CRA My account in SimpleTax, I'm getting an error that I need to use a Representative. Basically I want to autofill like I have been doing in SimpleTax for years.

Anyone those same issues? Did you fix yours? How? Thanks!
In my case, I had to do everything from the beginning because it is a new SIN. As for CRA account, it is the same and would automatically update when you do your taxes with the new SIN

Reactions: s3nr1