+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two Biometric letters, 1 for BOWP and 1 for EE ...

ingoingoingo

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
3111 (CRS 1058)
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
IELTS Request
30-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2020
LANDED..........
29-09-2020
Hi, hoping someone might be able to clarify!

My working holiday visa ends in late July 2020. So soon! I am currently filling in my PR application, and gathering my documents. Once I submit the requested documents, am I then able to apply for a BOWP? Is biometrics included in the R10 check?

Biometrics is closed in Canada. Can I still apply for a BOWP and fill in everything and submit it without biometrics? Then do I have implied status? Is biometrics letter sent after you submit your BoWP?

I’m not sure if I should just leave and go back to my home country and maybe reapply for PR? Or apply for visitor status if I can’t get a BoWP?

Please help!
Biometrics are not part of R10 check. It did take me >50 days from e-APR for pass on the medial to be confirmed (5-10 days pre-pandemic). My BOWP was awarded the day after. I have not yet been able to get my biometrics done inland. Depending on your job etc, there is a route for urgent processing of BOWP and temporary worker status by IRCC - check their website. Assuming you have current legal status when submitted, you can remain in Canada after submitting your application with implied status under the same conditions as your original status (work permit etc).

ingoingoingo

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
3111 (CRS 1058)
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
IELTS Request
30-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2020
LANDED..........
29-09-2020
Biometrics are not part of R10 check. It did take me >50 days from e-APR for pass on the medial to be confirmed (5-10 days pre-pandemic). My BOWP was awarded the day after. I have not yet been able to get my biometrics done inland. Depending on your job etc, there is a route for urgent processing of BOWP and temporary worker status by IRCC - check their website. Assuming you have current legal status when submitted, you can remain in Canada after submitting your application with implied status under the same conditions as your original status (work permit etc).
PS could can apply for BOWP as soon as submitted PR and have AOR. You don’t need to wait until R10 to submit, or try to guess what all the IP1 etc stuff means.

swah

May 16, 2020
Okay thank you so much! This really helps! I am on the first stage of submitting PR. I am about to send all my details today, travel history etc. I was also prepared and already got A lot of my document such as police certificates, birth certificates etc.

I don’t believe I need a medical, I didn’t need one for my working holiday, as I was told I was exempt from this. (i Might have too though!)

Just confirming, I can apply for a BOWP as soon as I submit my details for PR (today and receive a AOR) or is it during the next stage of submitting my documents they ask for I receive an AOR?

LordStanley

Jan 21, 2020
Category........
CEC
Biometrics is closed in Canada. Can I still apply for a BOWP and fill in everything and submit it without biometrics? Then do I have implied status? Is biometrics letter sent after you submit your BoWP?
Yes you can apply for a BOWP without biometrics. In order to apply for a BOWP you just need the e-AOR.

swah

May 16, 2020
Thank you!

Does the AOR come after you submit all your documents they request? Or before that when you submit just your extra details such as personal history and non accompanying person history etc?

shortgriaffe

Star Member
Feb 8, 2018
Submitted EE application on Feb 27th.
Submitted BOWP on March 3rd.

Today, March 4, in the morning got letter to get my biometric done for the BOWP, with application number Wxxx
Today, just now, tonight, got another letter to get my biometric done for EE, with application number Exxxx

Help! What do I do.
did you do your biometrics outside of Canada?

ingoingoingo

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
3111 (CRS 1058)
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
IELTS Request
30-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2020
LANDED..........
29-09-2020
Thank you!

Does the AOR come after you submit all your documents they request? Or before that when you submit just your extra details such as personal history and non accompanying person history etc?
AOR will typically come within minutes of actually submitting the e-APR application online. Or are you doing a paper application for PR (and what stream)?

Some of your questions suggest you’re not doing an online application ... Because via Express Entry entering the travel history etc is done as part of the main application, and you can’t submit until that’s done. If there are extra documents for PR application that you anticipate they’ll want, it’s perhaps better to just upload all these at the same time (for provincial nominees, for example, there’s the nomination and IMM0008 schedule 4). There’s no additional steps after submission ... it they want extra documents down the road, then you have to use the webform to upload.

If you’re applying for PR, then they’ll certainly want a new medical (and new biometrics). Any excuse to charge some more money!

The process to get a AOR for paper application is longer (the whole thing is *much* longer by paper). You really need some evidence you’ve actually applied for PR to submit the BOWP application. You’d need to wait for your application pack to be opened/acknowledged and IRCC’s letter to get back to you. I expect this is taking even longer than usual at the moment.

ingoingoingo

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
3111 (CRS 1058)
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
IELTS Request
30-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2020
LANDED..........
29-09-2020
did you do your biometrics outside of Canada?
Do the EE application’s biometrics (ie PR). This can count for temporary work permits (as can any previous biometrics within the past 10 years), but the BOWP biometrics cannot count for PR. PR always needs a new set of biometrics for every application. So bring the right letter with you once you’re able to get biometrics done again (presumably not at the moment?). Once those are done, it should automatically update both.

swah

May 16, 2020
Hello,

Yes I am submitting my PR online and through the Canadian experience class.

I am up to the stage where you have to fill in additional details once receiving the ITA. I want to make sure everything is correct before submitting this information. Do I receive an AOR once I submit this additional information first? Please confirm.

I anticipate they want copies of birth certificates, passport cooies tc similar to when I applied for a working holiday.

I am just still unclear as to when they send the AOR?

Also, my un accompying common law partner has travelled the world and is born in Canada. Which has made his travel history very difficult. His old passport with all this information has expired and I am unable to even input his old passport in the system (just his new one).

will it matter if I can input his old passport?

ingoingoingo

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
3111 (CRS 1058)
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
IELTS Request
30-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2020
LANDED..........
29-09-2020
Hello,

Yes I am submitting my PR online and through the Canadian experience class.

I am up to the stage where you have to fill in additional details once receiving the ITA. I want to make sure everything is correct before submitting this information. Do I receive an AOR once I submit this additional information first? Please confirm.

I anticipate they want copies of birth certificates, passport cooies tc similar to when I applied for a working holiday.

I am just still unclear as to when they send the AOR?

Also, my un accompying common law partner has travelled the world and is born in Canada. Which has made his travel history very difficult. His old passport with all this information has expired and I am unable to even input his old passport in the system (just his new one).

will it matter if I can input his old passport?
That’s good it’s an electronic application by Express Entry (e-APR). You can only submit the e-APR once when it is complete; there are not multiple stages of submission. It can then not be modified. You only get one AOR received electronically into your IRCC account once the e-APR is submitted. This is what you include with the BOWP application.

Suggest focussing on your personalized document list generated by IRCC. See link for more details. For example, I doubt you will be able to submit without evidence of a valid immigration medical. I know these have resumed in some provinces. You could always say this is not possible for you if that is the case. They will only need birth certificate in specific circumstances. They will want police certificates. The documents for PR are different to other applications, and there are multiple sources on these fora and online to help with any uncertainty.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

If there are documents you forgot or get later, you can add these via the IRCC WebForm. If there are missing documents, the IRCC would ask you for these. During COVID they will not reject any application for being incomplete provided you explain any documents you cannot get hold of and why.

RE your partner’s passport, I am not sure I can answer this question. Usually you need to input the current passport as this will be the one against which any visa etc are issued. If he is a Canadian citizen, then this doesn’t matter in the same way. And Canadian authorities could access travel information from previous Canadian passport records. But I would always use current documents (just as passports must not be expiring in the next 6 months). You do not need to reference a passport to enter the travel history, as this has to be entered electronically (and takes ages!). If you really thought evidence of travel from the old passport would be helpful, then suggest scan the ID pages and every stamped page and upload with any additional documents (these all have to be as a single PDF and ideally with letter of explanation). You can explain why you did this in the letter.

swah

May 16, 2020
Okay thank you! Thanks for sending the link also!

I see! Once I submit all my additional information, I will receive an AOR (in which I will apply for BOWP) then the IRCC will generate a list of documents I will need to submit later on.

As for my partners passport, I will input his current passport and then scan copies of his older passport if needed. His travel history did take forever!!

So I really want to make sure I have all the correct information before submitting!

ingoingoingo

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
3111 (CRS 1058)
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
IELTS Request
30-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2020
LANDED..........
29-09-2020
Okay thank you! Thanks for sending the link also!

I see! Once I submit all my additional information, I will receive an AOR (in which I will apply for BOWP) then the IRCC will generate a list of documents I will need to submit later on.

As for my partners passport, I will input his current passport and then scan copies of his older passport if needed. His travel history did take forever!!

So I really want to make sure I have all the correct information before submitting!
No problem.

The only bit that I didn’t understand is:
then the IRCC will generate a list of documents I will need to submit later on
You should get a personalized list of documents to upload with your e-APR before this is submitted. After ITA, you basically have to go through everything you said in EE to check it is still correct ... and then there’s the additional information like you said. The next pages of the e-APR will have places to upload the necessary documents/evidence, pay the fees etc. Once all this is done, your e-APR is submitted and you get AOR.

But it doesn’t matter as much if some of your documents are missing. IRCC have said they will not reject any applications as incomplete if the pandemic has caused delays in people being able to get their forms.

So there’s a lot more scanning and merging PDFs ahead. It took me literally a whole day to prepare/check my e-APR after ITA. But you’ll get there. Good luck!

swah

May 16, 2020
Amazing!!! Thank you so much for clarifying! I knew the document upload was coming I just wasn’t sure when this was. Hopefully I can make some progress this week and this weekend.

I am really hoping to apply for a BOWP and hope AOR comes in time! I guess if it doesn’t I can apply for a visitor status and still stay while it get approved under implied status!

ingoingoingo

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
3111 (CRS 1058)
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
IELTS Request
30-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2020
LANDED..........
29-09-2020
Amazing!!! Thank you so much for clarifying! I knew the document upload was coming I just wasn’t sure when this was. Hopefully I can make some progress this week and this weekend.

I am really hoping to apply for a BOWP and hope AOR comes in time! I guess if it doesn’t I can apply for a visitor status and still stay while it get approved under implied status!
This might be helpful to know about:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/news/2020/05/government-announces-help-for-employers-to-meet-their-labour-needs.html

You can potentially get a new work permit even more quickly with this urgent processing system. But what you’re doing is exactly right.

swah

May 16, 2020
Oh thank you! This may be an option actually!

Hoping you might be able to also confirm if AOR is received before giving biometrics?

just trying to sort out which routes I should take and what is needed as covid has affected a lot of things.