+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Two Biometric letters, 1 for BOWP and 1 for EE ...

ingoingoingo

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
3111 (CRS 1058)
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
IELTS Request
30-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2020
LANDED..........
29-09-2020
Oh thank you! This may be an option actually!

Hoping you might be able to also confirm if AOR is received before giving biometrics?

just trying to sort out which routes I should take and what is needed as covid has affected a lot of things.
I think AOR always comes before biometrics for PR applications.

Process is:
- ITA
- complete e-APR, documents etc and submit
- get AOR electronically
(you can then do BOWP application)
- after some time, they will review and confirm your medical and on the same day you get invitation for biometrics ... this took nearly 2 months
(so if you cannot get medical done for a while, suggest you consider just submitting the e-APR ... once you have got the medical done and reference number, just let IRCC know ... I know someone who did this earlier in pandemic and it saved him from delaying the submission)
- it is at this point that R10 completeness check is likely done and you become eligible for BOWP ... at least that’s what happened for me as my BOWP was confirmed the day after my medical/biometrics letter. I already had valid biometrics from a previous application, so these were linked to my BOWP. It’s just for PR that you HAVE to do a separate biometrics. The BOWP is valid for 12 months. I am considered an essential worker so this might have sped things up for BOWP.
- once biometrics centres and open again, you can submit you biometrics
- you wait several more months and then eventually passport request and/or CoPR are sent

swah

May 16, 2020
Amazing!!! This is exactly what I needed to read! Thank you so much! This helps me in understanding the process and what routes I should take.

I will still aim for submitting my PR application and BOWP. My working holiday visa ends soon, so if I don’t seen an AOR in the coming weeks, I may look into another Options, even if it is just applying for a visitor visa.

Would I have implied status if I apply for a visitor status and my work visa runs out during the process?

tung1980

Jun 3, 2020
Amazing!!! This is exactly what I needed to read! Thank you so much! This helps me in understanding the process and what routes I should take.

I will still aim for submitting my PR application and BOWP. My working holiday visa ends soon, so if I don’t seen an AOR in the coming weeks, I may look into another Options, even if it is just applying for a visitor visa.

Would I have implied status if I apply for a visitor status and my work visa runs out during the process?
I think that If you changed your status from Worker to Visitor ... you need to stop working the day your work permit ends .... You can stay in the country legally til you hear back regarding your visitor application.

ingoingoingo

Star Member
Jan 25, 2020
Alberta
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
3111 (CRS 1058)
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-01-2020
Nomination.....
11-03-2020
AOR Received.
07-02-2020
IELTS Request
30-11-2019
Med's Done....
07-02-2020
VISA ISSUED...
29-09-2020
LANDED..........
29-09-2020
I think that If you changed your status from Worker to Visitor ... you need to stop working the day your work permit ends .... You can stay in the country legally til you hear back regarding your visitor application.
This is correct as I understand it too. It depends on what you apply for ... so if you apply for visitor visa/record then you can stay in Canada with implied status but probably not work. If you apply for a new work permit (eg a BOWP), then your legal status continues as before ... ie you could stay under the same conditions as a temporary foreign work permit. I am not completely sure for working holiday (ie IEC) but there is lots of information on IRCC website that I have linked.

Any implied status only continues whilst you are physically in Canada, so you could not travel elsewhere. You cannot start to work under the open work permit conditions until this is actually awarded. It is the previous status that continues with implied status.

There is potentially no point you applying as a visitor as well ... just submit your PR and BOWP applications. Whatever you apply for, you must do this before your current legal status expires. You are then covered with implied status. Suggest have a read through of the different conditions on IRCC website to check how applies to your individual situation.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/iec.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

Ramor02

May 3, 2019

Usually, the AOR comes right away, do not change your status, some in your situation applied and then sent their AOR by Webform however I strongly believe that you do not need that as you will get it within the same day you submit your application