23/06/2017
VISA ISSUED...
20/07/2017
the summary says two degrees.. you can claim points for two degrees

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Hi All,
Need one help from you all.. Please see below my ECA evaluation report. I have been granted Canadian equivalency of Bachelor's degree (four years) for my One year part time Postgraduate Diploma. This is very confusing.

In this case can you suggest, what should be selected in the Express Entry profile:
1) Should I claim points for only one Bachelor's Degree
2) Should I claim points fort two seperate Bachelors' Degree
** CRS has same points for 2, & 3
3) Should I claim points for B"achelors Degree" & "One year Program at a university"?
** CRS has same points for 2 & 3.* make sure you select the 3 years equivalency for your bachelors (as that is how WES evaluated your Degree)

If you select 3 Option that will be best, as per my knowledge. Firstly you will not loose CRS points, as two bachelors degree is giving you same points as one degree plus one year post graduate certification and in future if CIC agent goes through your ECA report and your post-graduate certificates, he/She will notice that you provided correct information.

This is how I would have done for my Express entry profile. I am not an expert to advise.

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (three years) and bachelor's degree (four years)

1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Commerce
Year: 2006
Awarded by: Saurashtra University
Major/Specialization: Business Administration
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)

2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: University Postgraduate Diploma
Year: 2012
Awarded by: Gujarat University
Major/Specialization: Marketing Management
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)[/QUOT

pratikdsharma

Aug 12, 2017
Hi,
Thanks much for your reply. I reached out to WES for revaluation and they came back saying that my evaluation is correct. I am confused that how have they evaluated me with Bachelor degrees (3 years) and Bachelor degree (4 years) , when in reality I have one Bachelors degree (3 years) and one part time Post Graduate Diploma (1 Year)

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Hi,
Thanks much for your reply. I reached out to WES for revaluation and they came back saying that my evaluation is correct. I am confused that how have they evaluated me with Bachelor degrees (3 years) and Bachelor degree (4 years) , when in reality I have one Bachelors degree (3 years) and one part time Post Graduate Diploma (1 Year)
Hi,

I understand your confusion and frustration. However, this is a positive sign that you got WES response supporting your concern.

Have you created you EE profile? If not do so ASAP, When you enter education qualification in profile it doesn't ask you to select the two or more Degree or Master's as it does when we calculate our CRS total without creating profile.

In profile it will ask you to enter the Education degree details, one at a time, Hence enter your Bachelors degree information first and you will be asked the ECA equivalency, select "Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at university ....."

Now add the post graduation Diploma details and in ECA equivalency, Select same as above.

And you will be given points for "two or more degree, one should be 3 or more years bachelors degree". Trust me on this.

Let me know if you need any help!

All the best!!!!

Rose.

Reactions: Aaminah

CECJune2014

Star Member
Jul 8, 2014
Hello All,

I've completed my Bachelors of Computer(3 yrs) and Master of Science(IT)(2 yrs) from Indian university.
I did my ECA evaluation and got below results -

Bachelors of computer(3 yrs) - India
Canada Equivalent - bachelors degree - 3 years

Master of Science(IT)(2 yrs) - India
Canada Equivalent - Bachelors degree- 4 years

This is how I filled the express entry form -

For my Bachelor degree(BCA)
1) Level of Education -
Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade

2)Level of education(Canadian Equivalent)
Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university

Then i add another form for my Master degree as below -

1) Level of Education -
Master's degree, or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession

Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university(because my ECA evaluation of my master degree was bachelors 4 yrs)

Please let me know if I filled the form correctly or do i need to update any field.

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Hello All,

I've completed my Bachelors of Computer(3 yrs) and Master of Science(IT)(2 yrs) from Indian university.
I did my ECA evaluation and got below results -

Bachelors of computer(3 yrs) - India
Canada Equivalent - bachelors degree - 3 years

Master of Science(IT)(2 yrs) - India
Canada Equivalent - Bachelors degree- 4 years

This is how I filled the express entry form -

For my Bachelor degree(BCA)
1) Level of Education -
Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university, college, trade

Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university

Then i add another form for my Master degree as below -

1) Level of Education -
Master's degree, or professional degree needed to practice in a licensed profession

Bachelor's degree OR a three or more year program at a university(because my ECA evaluation of my master degree was bachelors 4 yrs)

Please let me know if I filled the form correctly or do i need to update any field.
You got it right!

rahimpal

Star Member
Oct 21, 2013
China
NOC Code......
Hi All,

can i select two or more degrees based on below ECA report

Degree 1: Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

+

Degree 2 : Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate certificate (one semester)

RoseDB

Star Member
Jul 15, 2017
Hi All,

can i select two or more degrees based on below ECA report

Degree 1: Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

+

Degree 2 : Canadian Equivalency: Postgraduate certificate (one semester)

Hi,

You will not be able to as but i would suggest first create you EE profile and submit it anyways. Also you do not have option to select the two degree you have options to enter the educational information, and the ECA given by.

In your case if you postgraduate Certificate was more then a semester ask your university to send a letter via fax to WES(or any other evaluation institution you used) and mention clearly in the letter that what was the time frame and how it is not one semester.

I had same issue and my university send fax to WES, explaining the requirements of the Certification with the program duration and WES later updated my ECA evaluation and was able to score points. My uni also provided the Reference number of WES on the letter + contact information if WES have any questions.

Hope this helps.. Any how submit your EE profile, chances are that you may get in for next Draw and get ITA. And you can always update your profile once you get positive reply for postgraduate degree.

yogi44

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-10-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Hi,

Following is the information found on the WES report:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMERY
Bachelor's Degree Four Years.

1. Credential Assessment - Secondary School diploma and diploma 2 years.
2. Credential Assessment - Bachelor's Degree 4 years.

So can i select the option two or more ceritificates, diplomas and degree option or stick with Bachelor's Degree ?

Thanks,
Yogesh Bhatia

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi,

Following is the information found on the WES report:

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMERY
Bachelor's Degree Four Years.

1. Credential Assessment - Secondary School diploma and diploma 2 years.
2. Credential Assessment - Bachelor's Degree 4 years.

So can i select the option two or more ceritificates, diplomas and degree option or stick with Bachelor's Degree ?

Thanks,
Yogesh Bhatia
no you can't. They literally say the equivalency is bachelor's degree. You obviously send your high school info which is irrelevant

shab_2111

Nov 28, 2017
Hi guys...
Got my PPR a couple of days ago and I had vowed to help-out everyone here with the same gruelling dilemma that I faced while making my profile for EE regarding the qualification related points , so here I am

I have a masters degree from Delhi, India which was evaluated as "one year of graduate study" by WES while my bachelors degree was evaluated as Bachelors Degree (4years).

I choose "Two and more degrees" option in qualification section as it was listed that, study towards a masters degree will be counted (CIC website)....we had a lot of arguments and discussions here on the forum but I felt convinced and went ahead with it, like I said previously that I have received my PPR and my passports have been submitted for the VISA.

Now, my understanding is that if you have a MASTERS degree which has been evaluated as 'one year or two year of graduate study' you can claim points for two or more degrees but not masters....hope this helps, I'll be glad to help out anyone through this in whichever way I can so plz feel free to contact me.....wishing you all a happy future
Hi Indian Aspirant,

I am facing the same dilemma. I have a bachelor's in Mass Media and a Master's in Management Studies. Can I also claim points for 'two or more degrees...'? bcoz i read somewhere on this forum, that in such cases, only the highest degree has to be considered, and if your master's has been evaluated as bachelor's, you can only claim points for bachelor's. REALLY NEED YOUR ADVISE ON THIS.... Please reply..

Amit Shrestha

Nov 15, 2017
Hi All. I have a Bachelor's degree in Nursing (4 years) and Master's Degree in Health (1.5 years). My ECA report shows Canadian Equivalency as Bachelor's Degree (4 years) and Master's degree... However, in the report there is no mention of the Canadian Equivalency of the number of years for the Master's degree. Do you think that this is a problem ? How do I address this problem. I can't even write 1.5 years in the EE form.

Jiogill

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
Hello,

I need expert advice here, for education history in EE

Actually, I had submitted following credentials for assessment at that time

1) Transcripts of Bachelor of commerce(Full-time) , 3 Years from 2001 to 2004.
2) Transcripts of Diploma in business finance(Distance learning), 2 years from 2007 to 2009.
3) Designation certificate of Chartered Financial Analyst(Distance learning) , from 2009 to 2011.

ECA Report result says Canadian Equivalency Summary: Bachelor's degree(four years). There assessed two credentials assessed, One for 3 years Canadian equivalency and for second no duration mentioned and consIndian degreeered Diploma as integrated part of CFA and mentioned (4 years degree) for second assessment of CFA but with Remarks: The equivalency for this credential is stated in conjunction with study previously completed (see#1, above).

Now, I have to create education entries in EE. My doubt is this that should I create 3 or 2 entries. If I select Level of Education (Canadian equivalency) Bachelor's degree for 1st entry. Then what should I select in level of education (Canadian equivalency) for other two entries.

Option 1:
Indian Degree: Bachelors( years) ................................Canadian Equivalent: Bachelors
Indian Degree: CFA(4 years duration) ............. Canadian Equivalent: Bachelors

But, In this case, CRS calculates points for ‘TWO or More degrees and one must be more then years’ whereas my ECA states Bachelor’s degree(four year).

Option 2:

INDIAN DEGREE: Bcom and Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor
INDIAN DEGREE: CFA AND Canadian Equivalent: Less than secondary school (high school).

I am selecting High school for Canadian equivalency to avoid secnd degree points. Is it okay?

Option 3:
Indian Degree: Bachelors(3 years) ................................Canadian Equivalent: Bachelors
this is without CFA entry

Option 4:
Indian Degree: Bachelors CFA(4 years duration) ................................Canadian Equivalent: Bachelors
This is without my Indian bachelor degree entry. Just CFA entry as highest qualification.

Below is the WES report(for reference)

Canadian Equivalency Summary: Bachelor’s Degree (Four years).

Credential Analysis

1.Credential: Bachelor of commerce
Year: 2004
Awarded Status: Recognized
Admission requirements: Secondary School graduation
Length of program: Three years
Major/Specialization: BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor degree (three years)

2.Credential: Chartered financial analyst
Year: 2011
Awarded Status: Recognized
Admission requirements: Bachelor degree

Length of program: Not Applicable
Major/Specialization: Finance
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor degree (four years).

Remarks: The equivalency for this credential is stated in conjunction with study previously completed (see#1, above).

---------End of ECA report result-------

Rajaya

Aug 15, 2017
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)
Second Evaluation (original completed on August 18, 2014)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Diploma in Electronics and Communications Engineering
Year: 2003
Awarded by: State Board of Technical Education, Haryana
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: Electronics and Communications Engineering

Canadian Equivalency: Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)

Please suggest can I select Two or more qualifications.

I got my 3 years Diploma and
4 years Bachelo degree evaluated.