NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2015
AOR Received.
03-08-2015
Hi guys...
Got my PPR a couple of days ago and I had vowed to help-out everyone here with the same gruelling dilemma that I faced while making my profile for EE regarding the qualification related points , so here I am

I have a masters degree from Delhi, India which was evaluated as "one year of graduate study" by WES while my bachelors degree was evaluated as Bachelors Degree (4years).

I choose "Two and more degrees" option in qualification section as it was listed that, study towards a masters degree will be counted (CIC website)....we had a lot of arguments and discussions here on the forum but I felt convinced and went ahead with it, like I said previously that I have received my PPR and my passports have been submitted for the VISA.

Now, my understanding is that if you have a MASTERS degree which has been evaluated as 'one year or two year of graduate study' you can claim points for two or more degrees but not masters....hope this helps, I'll be glad to help out anyone through this in whichever way I can so plz feel free to contact me.....wishing you all a happy future

Reactions: inesingeniera

PiyushAgrawal06121985

Oct 20, 2015
India
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-10-2015
Nomination.....
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
14-03-2016
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
20-02-2016
Excellent help mate! Cheers and good luck ahead as well.

Markicof

Star Member
Dec 5, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
13-01-2016
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
Med's Done....
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
07/07/16
Thanks for the info, very helpful!

warquezho

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
indianaspirant said:
Hi guys...
Got my PPR a couple of days ago and I had vowed to help-out everyone here with the same gruelling dilemma that I faced while making my profile for EE regarding the qualification related points , so here I am

I have a masters degree from Delhi, India which was evaluated as "one year of graduate study" by WES while my bachelors degree was evaluated as Bachelors Degree (4years).

I choose "Two and more degrees" option in qualification section as it was listed that, study towards a masters degree will be counted (CIC website)....we had a lot of arguments and discussions here on the forum but I felt convinced and went ahead with it, like I said previously that I have received my PPR and my passports have been submitted for the VISA.

Now, my understanding is that if you have a MASTERS degree which has been evaluated as 'one year or two year of graduate study' you can claim points for two or more degrees but not masters....hope this helps, I'll be glad to help out anyone through this in whichever way I can so plz feel free to contact me.....wishing you all a happy future
This is a very informative post. Can you post what exactly WES provided you specially in the summary area?

indianaspirant

Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
new delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-08-2015
AOR Received.
03-08-2015
My summary said bachelor's (4 years)

warquezho

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
indianaspirant said:
My summary said bachelor's (4 years)
Wow! If this is really true then this will negate what asivadanac and some others (including me) are saying that if you only have Bachelors in the summary from WES, you cannot choose Two or more degrees.

I think this really depends on the visa officer handling the case and if you really have 2 separate degrees diplomas obtained and WES or some other assessing body assessed your credentials as two separate degrees, diploma, in Canada.

Indianaspirant, since you've already made a thread regarding this, would you mind posting a screenshot of your WES and the PPR from your mycic here? Just cover your name and things that you need to, so that everyone of us really have a proof regarding this. If it's ok to you.

talkto_vinay

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
Passport Req..
05-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2016
LANDED..........
21-12-2016
Hi Indianaspirant

Please suggest that like you, can I also get the benefit of 2 degress with below WES summary:

************************************************************************************

Page: 1 of 2
———————————————————
CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (four years)

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Bachelor of Arts
Year: 2006
Awarded by: University of Burdwan
Institution Status: Recognized
Major/Specialization: English
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (three years)

Page: 2 of 2
———————————————————
2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution
Credential: Master of Arts
Year: 2008
Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Express Entry FSW Outlander
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
talkto_vinay said:
Hi Indianaspirant

Please suggest that like you, can I also get the benefit of 2 degress with below WES summary:

************************************************************************************

———————————————————

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

1. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution

[quote/]
———————————————————
2. Credential Authentication: Official transcripts were sent directly by the institution

IMO yes, you can...from the looks of the above report from WES...but what i don't understand is knowing that this Masters from india is for Two years (assuming) how did WES evaluate it as 'Bachelor's degree (four years)'?

Because they have evaluated your Masters as 'Bachelor's degree (four years)' their overall Summary is 'Bachelor's degree (four years)'.

talkto_vinay

Star Member
Jul 16, 2015
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2016
AOR Received.
08-04-2016
Passport Req..
05-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2016
LANDED..........
21-12-2016
Thanks for encouraging reply as that will raise my CRS score beyond 455 but on another thread of mine (link below), experts had different opinion as of yours:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/please-map-my-wes-report-on-express-entry-t393143.0.html;msg4906014#msg4906014

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
talkto_vinay said:
Thanks for encouraging reply as that will raise my CRS score beyond 455 but on another thread of mine (link below), experts had different opinion as of yours:

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/please-map-my-wes-report-on-express-entry-t393143.0.html;msg4906014#msg4906014
I am not blaming CIC here and technically its not their fault...I feel the WES report has been issued as 'Bachelors degree (four years)' by mistake...hence CIC had to accept his option (Choice of pulldown) of 'Two or more degrees etc etc....'

Other's opinion are welcome...

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"One year or Two year of graduate study"

This should be mentioned in the ECA evaluation summary ??

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaWeCome said:
I am not blaming CIC here and technically its not their fault...I feel the WES report has been issued as 'Bachelors degree (four years)' by mistake...hence CIC had to accept his option (Choice of pulldown) of 'Two or more degrees etc etc....'

Other's opinion are welcome...
Not all degrees and Universities are treated the same by WES. WES has their own mechanisms of deciding which educational credentials get assessed as equivalent to '1 year of graduate study' and which Masters degrees get cumulatively assessed (along with a 3 year Bachelors) as equivalent to a 4 year Canadian Bachelors.

It is important to understand that WES independently assesses each application on its merits. Just because someone else got their Masters assessed as equivalent to Canadian Masters doesn't mean that everyone with Masters will be assessed the same way.

CanadaWeCome

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
4031/4032
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Awaiting
AOR Received.
15-12-2015
IELTS Request
27-06-2015
Asivad Anac said:
Not all degrees and Universities are treated the same by WES. WES has their own mechanisms of deciding which educational credentials get assessed as equivalent to '1 year of graduate study' and which Masters degrees get cumulatively assessed (along with a 3 year Bachelors) as equivalent to a 4 year Canadian Bachelors.

It is important to understand that WES independently assesses each application on its merits. Just because someone else got their Masters assessed as equivalent to Canadian Masters doesn't mean that everyone with Masters will be assessed the same way.
Copacetic! :)

munjal

May 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
indianaspirant said:
Hi guys...

Hi,
congrats on getting PPR..
your this post will be quite useful for many applicants.

just one question I have..
what was written in your Evaluation Summary in WES report:
was it only "Bachelors Degree (4 years)"

or it was
"Bachelors Degree (4 years) and
One year graduate Study"

Because, I have a serious question to ask..
that if your degree equivalence summary shows only one degree...

how can you claim "Two or more degrees..."

Check this link:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/eca-conversion.asp

When can you claim..
Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.

Important notice: One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:

A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school)
, or:

Post-Bachelor's Certificate
Post-undergraduate certificateFootnote 1
Post-Bachelor's Diploma
Post-undergraduate diplomaFootnote 1
Graduate Certificate
Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Postgraduate certificate
Postgraduate Diploma
Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Graduate diplomaFootnote 1
two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
one-year of graduate study with a focus in [area of concentration]Footnote 1
Study Toward a Master's Degree

warquezho

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
talkto_vinay said:
Hi Indianaspirant

———————————————————

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS

———————————————————

For me. YES you can. All the best :)