+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Trying to link application to MyCic account?

Muchkin

Sep 13, 2016
Hello! So I sent in my application last year and they sent me an e-mail stating that they had received the application as of 3/6/2015. From the processing times online I saw that the sponsorship part should have at least been processed by now and they send you a letter stating whether or not it was approved before moving on with the rest of the application? Well no word from that yet.

Also, when I contacted immigration about it they said that for some reason the process may have been delayed but refused to give me any specifics and he said in order for me to get regular updates about the application that I needed to link my application to MyCiC account.

So far, I have been unable to do so. Here's the strange thing.

When I go to check my application just through what they have available through the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website (check the status of your application online) I am able to view 2 steps of my application:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on June 3, 2015.

2. Medical results have been received.

I am able to view this by ONLY by using my application number to login. I am NOT able to view anything using my UCI number.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm wondering if papers or number or something got mixed up or were not processed all together under the same application/uci numbers. I am going to try giving them a call again tomorrow (my schedule is annoying and I ended up working 6 am to 5 pm today go figure.) so hopefully I can actually get through.

Also, any suggestions as to what specific questions I should be asking to effectively get the answers im looking for?

Heres some back story - Im american, married to a canadian citizen almost 5 years now. Applied with inland application and currently staying in canada on an open work permit.

Thank you!!!!

Omegabyte

Aug 8, 2016
Edmonton
Visa Office......
Edmonton
LANDED..........
02-03-2017
From what I've seen, it's not unusual to see inland applications take 2 years or more. Since it's my understanding that the sponsor and PA applications are processed nearly simultaneously, you may not see any action until next year.

It's the outland US -> Canada applications where SA comes quickly. Less than a month at present. Most get PR within 3-6 months.

Hopefully they'll start processing your application soon. Good luck!

Muchkin

Sep 13, 2016
Omegabyte said:
From what I've seen, it's not unusual to see inland applications take 2 years or more. Since it's my understanding that the sponsor and PA applications are processed nearly simultaneously, you may not see any action until next year.

It's the outland US -> Canada applications where SA comes quickly. Less than a month at present. Most get PR within 3-6 months.

Hopefully they'll start processing your application soon. Good luck!
Yes I expected it to take around 26 months (current and past processing times for like a year) BUT. It has the processing time for the sponsor to be approved (separate timing and before the PA application) so I just assumed that I would have heard back from that first. Thanks for the response I'll just keep on awaitin!! Haha

Muchkin

Sep 13, 2016
Also. Still waiting to see if anyone else has had trouble with connecting applications to their mycic account. Lol

romil0909

Star Member
Oct 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Done....
19-05-2016
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
20-02-2017
Muchkin said:
Also. Still waiting to see if anyone else has had trouble with connecting applications to their mycic account. Lol
I have the same problem. Its annoying. I can track my application same as you.