Medical test passed on 27-05-2017
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018
@legalfalcon

I had applied for TRV (inside Canada) based on bridging open work permit. In between, I left Canada and today I got my TRV stamped on passport ( outside Canada).

In between, I had got confirmation of PR( had applied under EE PNP inside Canada) but it stated that I must be inside Canada to complete landing process.

They have mentioned category "Visitor" on my TRV. I had submitted work permit with TRV application. Previously, I had got TRV with "Worker" category.

Now, I am confused about "Visitor" word. Does it mean I can not work in Canada? My work permit and this new TRV both are valid until December 2021.

Please guide me. Thank you.

Kumar25

Jun 19, 2021
@legalfalcon

I had applied for TRV (inside Canada) based on bridging open work permit. In between, I left Canada and today I got my TRV stamped on passport ( outside Canada).

In between, I had got confirmation of PR( had applied under EE PNP inside Canada) but it stated that I must be inside Canada to complete landing process.

They have mentioned category "Visitor" on my TRV. I had submitted work permit with TRV application. Previously, I had got TRV with "Worker" category.

Now, I am confused about "Visitor" word. Does it mean I can not work in Canada? My work permit and this new TRV both are valid until December 2021.

Hi there, how long did it take for your TRV to be approved?

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Application received on 18-05-2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
27-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
27-07-2017
LANDED..........
June 1, 2018

Bhoomika2701

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
@legalfalcon

Visa extension under Work permit is of type Visitor only. So don't worry about that.

harishkulkarnicanada

Jan 26, 2021
Hi, I applied for a TRV (inside Canada) on Aug 30th. I saw a ghost update(Application updated) today and also got an email saying there is an update on your file.When I checked status i could see my UCI# got mapped with TRV application which was not present initially.Does this mean they have started processing it? Has anyone ever got an update like this?

Bhoomika2701

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi, I applied for a TRV (inside Canada) on Aug 30th. I saw a ghost update(Application updated) today and also got an email saying there is an update on your file.When I checked status i could see my UCI# got mapped with TRV application which was not present initially.Does this mean they have started processing it? Has anyone ever got an update like this?
Not necessarily. This could be an automated process too. In order to get accurate information, you can call IRCC and provide your UCI as well as your application number. The IVR will give you the latest update on your TRV aplication.

kamran.shekh

Star Member
Mar 13, 2016
Hi everyone, My PR is currently under process and I am on temporary work permit right now and No TRV. I want to go to my home country for 2 months. Should I apply for TRV or visitor visa for coming back to Canada? TRV is taking 8-9 months and visitor visa on the other hand only 1 week. I was wondering if I can enter Canada with tourist visa instead of TRV??

Bhoomika2701

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi there, To clarify TRV is Travel Resident Visa a mandatory visa to travel only. If you are on a work permit here, your VISA stamped must have been WORKER. Now since the visa expired, you will apply for a Visitor visa. TRV is also treated as a Visitor visa for workers in Canada. Both have the same timelines, in fact, due to COVID getting TRV is easier than Visitor. You can either travel to your home country and then apply for TRV ( depending on the average time it takes from each country). else you can wait for a PR card and then travel. I am not sure where you read about Visitor visas in a week, I don't think it is true. All the best. Your question :I was wondering if I can enter Canada with tourist visa instead of TRV?? Yes you can, just carry your Work permit along too.

rs572

Dec 10, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Visa Office......
Delhi
App. Filed.......
18-05-2017,
AOR Received.
Application received on 18-05-2017
Med's Done....
Passport Req..