+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV (VISITOR) for parents from India refused..PLS HELP!

Denzil

Aug 20, 2012
Hi all,

I would like the support and advice regarding the visitor visa for my parents to come over from India. First of all lemme tell me my situation. I am the only child of my parents and I live here in Canada, while my retired parents are back home. They haven't travelled anywhere outside India in the past 10 yrs. Me and my wife would like them to visit us sometime next month for few months (1-2) since its been 2 yrs I havent seen my folks. They had recently applied (last week) but was refused on the following grounds:

1) Travel History
2) Family ties in Canada and Home
3) Financial grounds

I needed some advice regarding what should be kept or done to resolve these issues?
they had kept documents from notary regarding the financial thingy (property, assets etc) but still refused.
I had certain doubts; if poss could you answer thm please?

1) what is to be done regarding the travel history, as they didnt travel in 10 yrs?
2) what family ties (or documents showing their ties back home in India) is to given, as I am the only child?
3) I heard a stamped document from a Charterd Accountant is needed/valuable than notary, is that so??
4) My maternal grandma is with us so should we say that as family ties in a letter addressed to the visa officer??
5) As mentioned above will it be good to write a letter telling they my parents intend to return as they can't with stand cold due to age and thats the reason for traveling now during the summer? and also as mentioned above that my grandma is with us and they do have to return back home
6) in the form where they ask how much money do u have during visit,parents put in just CAD 3000 (calculating 2 month expense) do you think increasing the amount would help?

I need help ASAP, as I wish to bring my parents here for a visit next month before their anniv.
Thank you for your valuable replies!!!

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Hi

Denzil said:
1) what is to be done regarding the travel history, as they didnt travel in 10 yrs?
Nothing

Denzil said:
2) what family ties (or documents showing their ties back home in India) is to given, as I am the only child?
Ties have to be stronger than the ones in Canada, you being an only child is not a problem. What you can give? depends on what they have.

Denzil said:
3) I heard a stamped document from a Charterd Accountant is needed/valuable than notary, is that so??
Why do you need a notary in the first place?

Denzil said:
4) My maternal grandma is with us so should we say that as family ties in a letter addressed to the visa officer??
In fact this is working against you, the ties in Canada are greater than the ties in India.

Denzil said:
5) As mentioned above will it be good to write a letter telling they my parents intend to return as they can't with stand cold due to age and thats the reason for traveling now during the summer?
Your word is no good, you need documents to prove anything you are stating.

Denzil said:
and also as mentioned above that my grandma is with us and they do have to return back home
How does this work? To me it seems that you want to have all your family living permanently with you (as your grandmother) thus, refusal.

Denzil said:
6) in the form where they ask how much money do u have during visit,parents put in just CAD 3000 (calculating 2 month expense) do you think increasing the amount would help?
Yes. Also 2 months is way too much for someone who hasn't travelled. Tops 3 weeks.

Denzil said:
I need help ASAP, as I wish to bring my parents here for a visit next month before their anniv.
Main question, why bring them and not you going to India? Make sure to answer that in your letter of explanation.

Denzil

Aug 20, 2012
Hi Jalex,
Thank you very very much for your reply. :)

The notary (or C.A.) thingy is mentioned online and also was told by a travel agency. My grandmother ain't travelling ;) I should have made myself clear..what I said was that my folks take care of my grandma and can she the family tie (mentioning in the letter)?
Also could you clarify the income range or low income cutoff tab shown online? The no. of people shown in tab (or calculated) is including the hosts? I mean as I intend my parents to visit, the income tabe is for 2 persons(guests) or 4 persons (including hosts; ie, me and my wife)
Could you please suggest what further documents can be shown to strengthen ties back home?We have docs regarding assets..

Thank you in advance ppl!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Denzil said:
Hi Jalex,
Thank you very very much for your reply. :)

The notary (or C.A.) thingy is mentioned online and also was told by a travel agency. My grandmother ain't travelling ;) I should have made myself clear..what I said was that my folks take care of my grandma and can she the family tie (mentioning in the letter)?
Also could you clarify the income range or low income cutoff tab shown online? The no. of people shown in tab (or calculated) is including the hosts? I mean as I intend my parents to visit, the income tabe is for 2 persons(guests) or 4 persons (including hosts; ie, me and my wife)
Could you please suggest what further documents can be shown to strengthen ties back home?We have docs regarding assets..

Thank you in advance ppl!
You should write an invitation letter mentioning all these:
- Why will your parents have to go back leaving their only child? (Perhaps taking care of the properties, elderly grandmother so on)
- Why did you not visit them? (valid reason due to work/study etc.)
- Make the intended visit shorter as Jalex23 said (3~4 weeks)

CAD $3000 is not adequate for 2 people to visit and stay in Canada (it will barely buy 2 air-tickets from India to Canada and returns).

LICO table is for hosts+guests
If you're a family of 2 and inviting both your parents; you should look into a family of 4

If you're financially eligible, you don't you consider Super Visa?

Denzil

Aug 20, 2012
:) Thank you for your reply Rossei. Yup will look into shorter trip length as suggested,but would that be a boost for the application??
I did send an invitation letter.Guess I gotta send in much more details. supervisa takes a lot of time and also parents don't wish to stay here as such on a long term basis.
could you tell me if the creen print of itinerary is enough or should I buy the tickets and show return? CAD3000 was roughly mentioned; as in the expenses are fully met by me and my wife so put a rough amount.. ;) could you advice me the amount my parents are to bring in fer a 3 week visit?

VBSB

Star Member
Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
Feb 2012
Interview........
Jan 2012
Passport Req..
Sent in Feb 2012.....Decision Made on 16th April 2012.
VISA ISSUED...
13 April 2012
I've the same situation like yours. Be cautious applying second time. My parents trv has been rejected twice on financial grounds and travel history coz I applied second time after a week only...

They submitted everything including property papers....

I m no expert but just telling my own experience. If possible leave some gap in application...

Denzil

Aug 20, 2012
THANK YOU VBSB for that valuable info..I was to apply this week.. :( are you in the same situation as me?as in single child and here in Canada wanting parents to visit??

What do you guys think would be the best time gap to apply? 2 weeks?3 weeks?

Thanks fer helpin me out!

Rossei

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2010
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
18-Jan-2011 (Buffalo)
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
26-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
21-Jul-2011 (Email)
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
25-Jul-2011 (Reg. Mail)
Med's Done....
03-Aug-2011
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
08-Sep-2011 (Email)
VISA ISSUED...
20-Sep-2011 (Buffalo)
LANDED..........
20-Sep-2011 (Niagara)
Denzil said:
:) Thank you for your reply Rossei. Yup will look into shorter trip length as suggested,but would that be a boost for the application??
I did send an invitation letter.Guess I gotta send in much more details. supervisa takes a lot of time and also parents don't wish to stay here as such on a long term basis.
could you tell me if the creen print of itinerary is enough or should I buy the tickets and show return? CAD3000 was roughly mentioned; as in the expenses are fully met by me and my wife so put a rough amount.. ;) could you advice me the amount my parents are to bring in fer a 3 week visit?
For a visit visa, the VO will look first in your parents' income/bank statement. Your ability to cover the expense comes second. Hence, $3000 is never going to be enough. The VO cannot expect someone to spend all their money on one single trip. I would show at least $10k so that half the money can be spent on the trip and rest will prove you still have some left when you come back.

On the other hand, for Super Visa, your income comes first. Even though your parents don't want to stay longer; it may be a good alternative if they have insufficient ties, income and/or travel history.

My mother was denied twice for visit visa on the ground she doesn't have enough ties. Because she was a widow and I'm the only child. Then I got her Super Visa. Alas! the VO will never know that she stayed in Canada only for 3 months for last 2 years since she got it.

Denzil

Aug 20, 2012
Thank for sharing that with me...super visa i haven't thought much about,moreover we need to show a major amount of money right? thats the reason i prefer trv.could someone tell me what further documents to submit to show family ties back in India (stronger ties) and also by when (the earliest) would be ideal for my folks to apply next. its been a week and half already. could some one suggest what reasons can I mention not being able to go home ; my reasoning is work and won't be getting leave enough to visit parents..would that be enough?

Give me your thoughts on applying once more and what else to rectify further to make the application more firm and solid!
or simply hand it over to an immi lawyer or agency?
Thank you guys! Peace out!

Denzil

Aug 20, 2012
Hi guys,
Also could you tell me what does 'family ties in Canada and home country' mean..that was mentioned in the refusal too..family ties back home is understandable but in Canada?i can't seem to make sense of it. what does the VO need to know regarding my parents ties in Canada other than me,their only child, being here in Canada.what Is the doc to prove what they ask(Canadian part of it,the other is their assets)

Do you think keeping a separate notarized affidavit stating parents wouldn't stay beyond the visa expiry (though it's mentioned in the doc regarding assets) would be an advantage??if so what should be mentioned?

thanx guys!!

Denzil

Aug 20, 2012
:( :( :eek: :eek: :eek: is there no one to help me out??I did get some of the queries cleared by some good ppl..still having little doubts..if you guys could help me ou here; as my parents to apply for TRV this week.I would be grateful if someone could mention certain docs to prove stronger ties back home..

Thank you guys!

NewtoPR

Jun 3, 2014
I Went through the same situation for my mother. Her passport was returned backwithout any letter after 40 days . Even we reached embassy and they told its rejected.

Next time this is what worked out for me.

1. We converted all the property documents in english which shows her strong tie up back in india.
2. Provided Estimated Property cost , which assure she will be back based on propertie value.
3. Showed her bank statment of last 1 year , and her own funds in it.
4. Provided my supporting letter and financial status and assuring her to return back.

So in this case we got 6 moths temp visa in 3 days and she filled in a week and was with us for 6 months,.