+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Visa Received but family members travelling separately

delin

Feb 13, 2013
Hi, appreciate if someone can elighten me on this issue.

We applied TRV visit visa online using my husband as the principal and myself and my kid as the accompanying family member. My husband has a 2 weeks bussiness trip to Canada while myself plan just to visit Canada as a tourist for only a week. We have successfully received our visit visa last week. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, we have to travel on a separate date (myself to travel a week after my husband arrive in canada) but plan to come back to our hometown together. Will there be any problem if we landed in Canada on a different date? I'm worried that I will be denied to enter Canada at the airport as I will not travel together with the principal applicant. Do I really need to submit separate application as we already received our visa?

The website mentioned that:

"Your family members who also wish to visit Canada must apply by filling out their own temporary residence form (Temporary Resident Visa, study permit or work permit). However, you may send all family member application forms in the same envelope with only one payment receipt for the total amount.
Your spouse or common-law partner and children must meet all the requirements for temporary residents to Canada.

If your family members wish to follow you to Canada at a later date, they must complete a separate application for admission."

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

delin said:

We applied TRV visit visa online using my husband as the principal and myself and my kid as the accompanying family member. My husband has a 2 weeks bussiness trip to Canada while myself plan just to visit Canada as a tourist for only a week. We have successfully received our visit visa last week. However, due to unforeseen circumstances, we have to travel on a separate date (myself to travel a week after my husband arrive in canada) but plan to come back to our hometown together. Will there be any problem if we landed in Canada on a different date? I'm worried that I will be denied to enter Canada at the airport as I will not travel together with the principal applicant. Do I really need to submit separate application as we already received our visa?

"Your family members who also wish to visit Canada must apply by filling out their own temporary residence form (Temporary Resident Visa, study permit or work permit). However, you may send all family member application forms in the same envelope with only one payment receipt for the total amount.
Your spouse or common-law partner and children must meet all the requirements for temporary residents to Canada.

If your family members wish to follow you to Canada at a later date, they must complete a separate application for admission."
If each of you have a TRV (visitor visa) in your passports, then you don't have to travel together. You just have to enter Canada before the expiry date on the TRV.

delin

Feb 13, 2013
Thanks for your reply. Soooo glad to hear that. By the way, what does TRV Category V-1 and B-1 means?

crama123

Feb 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-Apr-2013
Doc's Request.
Hong Kong PCC
AOR Received.
31-May-2013
IELTS Request
Submitted with application
Med's Request
09-Feb-2014
Med's Done....
05-Mar-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
02-May-2014
VISA ISSUED...
29-May-2014
LANDED..........
20-July-2014
V-1 is visitor

Are you looking at a US visa for B-1 ? It is business visa

mustafaatta

Nov 18, 2017
I am trying to apply trv along with spouse but we are some circumstances so we will travel separately is it possible without any problem

Dakinduro

Aug 3, 2019

Hi, please I need help with the online TRV application for myself and husband. Should we use just one profile? How do I submit documents for both us? Are we to use one place holder for each of the required documents? I don't know how to submit 'together'

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi, please I need help with the online TRV application for myself and husband. Should we use just one profile? How do I submit documents for both us? Are we to use one place holder for each of the required documents? I don't know how to submit 'together'
Yes, one profile for spouses.

Merge your docs in one PDF per requirement.