+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV visa for Spouse

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Did i not tell you that you are selecting something wrong, and there you are, you made your first answer wrong, I asked you to select "visit" and NOT work in "What would you like to do in Canada?", if you continue doing that , you will get your answer. I hope you would reply after correcting it.
I'm not wrong. Nor are my selections wrong. Your understanding + your selections in the eligibility tool for SOWP are completely flawed.

For an SOWP, ask your buddies at GAND whether or not a spouse dependent applicant must fill the IMM 1295 (Apply for a Work Permit from Outside Canada). It is not IMM 5257 (Temporary Resident Visa). Anyways.

Unfortunately, you have been desperately hoping against hope that you have done the right thing for your wife's application. As you have already submitted her application, I truly hope she gets the TRV

Good luck!

vikiviky

Star Member
May 20, 2018
I'm not wrong. Nor are my selections wrong. Your understanding + your selections in the eligibility tool for SOWP are completely flawed.

For an SOWP, ask your buddies at GAND whether or not a spouse dependent applicant must fill the IMM 1295 (Apply for a Work Permit from Outside Canada). It is not IMM 5257 (Temporary Resident Visa). Anyways.

Unfortunately, you have been desperately hoping against hope that you have done the right thing for your wife's application. As you have already submitted her application, I truly hope she gets the TRV

Good luck!
Who asked you for SOWP here? you imagined by yourself or you pretending ? issue was whether more than 6 months are allowed for visitors (NOT WORKER) or not, you said no. look like you know you are wrong but desperately trying to prove correct yourself so other people see your comment .

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Who asked you for SOWP here? you imagined by yourself or you pretending ? issue was whether more than 6 months are allowed for visitors (NOT WORKER) or not, you said no. look like you know you are wrong but desperately trying to prove correct yourself so other people see your comment .
I do not care what others think about my comments. Nor am I desperate.

You do not even know the basic difference between a visitor visa and a SOWP. According to you, your friends spouses are all here on 'dependent visitor visas' i.e. TRVs for more than 6 months. Then who is a SOWP (Spouse Open Work Permit) intended for? Anyways.

You love to indulge in pointless arguments that lack substance. Find someone else to argue with. Other senior members have been ignoring your posts. It was my mistake to try and help you

vikiviky

Star Member
May 20, 2018
I do not care what others think about my comments. Nor am I desperate.

You do not even know the basic difference between a visitor visa and a SOWP. According to you, your friends spouses are all here on 'dependent visitor visas' i.e. TRVs for more than 6 months. Then who is a SOWP (Spouse Open Work Permit) intended for? Anyways.

You love to indulge in pointless arguments that lack substance. Find someone else to argue with. Other senior members have been ignoring your posts. It was my mistake to try and help you
Well, there is a difference in apple and oranges as well, but i am taking about just apples whereas you bringing oranges. Let me again try to bring you in VISITOR , ( For god sake remove SOWP from your mind for a min :) no body is taking about that, i am aware of that SOWP term) , Visitor having More than 6 month category is allowed. you said no. i said Yes,
Now you try yourself answering the first question given link by you ( put answer to the first question as "Visitor and continue for more than 6 month) - I promise you will be educated on this :)

SDeb

Sep 4, 2018
@scylla @Bryanna Oh i see, i have much appreication for you guys , taking time and responding me and showing me true picture, its harsh though.

I am really counting the real TRV examples surrounded by me and if it work s well, you both will be my invitee here in montreal
I understand you are eager to have your wife to come to Canada. But, you have been given incorrect information.

Here are the selections that I made just to show you that the document checklist generates the IMM 1295 (and the Family Information form) at the end for a SOWP. It does not generate the TRV application package at the end:

What would you like to do in Canada?
Work
How long are you planning to stay in Canada?
Temporarily - more than 6 months
Select the code that matches the one on your passport.
IND (India)
What is your current country/territory of residence? If you are presently in Canada, you should select Canada.
India
Do you have a family member who is a Canadian citizen or permanent resident and is 18 years or older?
No
What is your date of birth?
October 16, 1991
Are you a lawful permanent resident of the United States with a valid alien registration card (Green Card)?

No
Modify my Answers
Do you have a written offer from an employer in Canada?

No
Modify my Answers
Modify my Answers
Do you plan to work in one of the following categories?
  • Athletes and coaches
  • Aviation accident or incident investigators
  • Business visitors
  • Civil aviation inspectors
  • Clergy
  • Convention organizers
  • Crew members
  • Emergency service providers
  • Examiners and evaluators
  • Expert witnesses or investigators
  • Family members of foreign representatives
  • Foreign government officers
  • Foreign representatives
  • Health-care students
  • Highly-skilled workers and researchers (Global Skills Strategy)
  • Judges, referees and similar officials
  • Military personnel
  • News reporters, film and media crews
  • Performing artists
  • Public speakers
No
Will you be coming to Canada with a spouse or common-law partner who is, or will be, working in Canada as a foreign worker or who is, or will be, a full-time student at a university, community college, CEGEP or other authorized educational institution?
Yes
Are you of working age, and a dependent of a person who is (or will be):
Yes
Have you recently graduated from a participating Canadian post-secondary institution for which your study program was full-time and a minimum of eight months?
No
Modify my Answers
What is your marital status?
Married
What is your province of destination? If visiting multiple provinces, select the one in which you will be spending most of your time.
Ontario
What type of work permit do you want to apply for?

A work permit for a spouse, common-law partner or child of a skilled worker or international student
Modify my Answers
Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?

Yes
Modify my Answers
Have you ever committed, been arrested for, been charged with, or convicted of any criminal offence in any country?

No
Modify my Answers
Have you had a medical exam performed by an IRCC authorized panel physician (doctor) within the last 12 months?

Yes
Modify my Answers
Do you want to submit an application for a family member?

No
Modify my Answers
Are you giving someone access to your application?

No
Modify my Answers
There are fees associated with this application. Will you be paying your fees or are you fee exempt?

Yes, I will be paying my application fees.
Modify my Answers
Are you able to make a digital copy of your documents with a scanner or camera?

Yes
Modify my Answers
Will you be paying your application fees online? To pay online, you can use a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, China Union Pay) or a debit card (Visa Debit, Debit MasterCard or Interac).

Yes
@Bryanna
Assuming my husband already has a dependent visa. And I have a work permit valid for 2 years. Do we make the same selections when applying for SOWP for my husband?

aababuji

Nov 8, 2019
Did i not tell you that you are selecting something wrong, and there you are, you made your first answer wrong, I asked you to select "visit" and NOT work in "What would you like to do in Canada?", if you continue doing that , you will get your answer. I hope you would reply after correcting it.
Hi, Is anyone has applied or got approved spousal TRV if you have passed a history of refusal? and spousal sponsorship application is currently under process. Please anyone can tell me as I desperately waiting for my hubby to visit me any family. I am a Canadian citizen, visited him six times in the past 2 years. It is so hard for me to get work off now!

Mr.Viky, can you guide me to apply TVR for my hubby online or paper one which one is faster and easy. when did you apply for your wife TVR? did you get a reply yet?
Your help would be truly appreciated!

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi, Is anyone has applied or got approved spousal TRV if you have passed a history of refusal? and spousal sponsorship application is currently under process. Please anyone can tell me as I desperately waiting for my hubby to visit me any family. I am a Canadian citizen, visited him six times in the past 2 years. It is so hard for me to get work off now!

Mr.Viky, can you guide me to apply TVR for my hubby online or paper one which one is faster and easy. when did you apply for your wife TVR? did you get a reply yet?
Your help would be truly appreciated!
You can certainly try for a TRV but chances are pretty low. You do have the option to go live with him while you wait for approval.

Birju_1984

Jan 2, 2017
Greetings,
Being PR and inside Canada, once I start sponsorship process for my daughter, it might take anywhere like 8~12 months. During this period, I am sure I can apply for TRV for my daughter who will travel along with my wife (having PR) while the sponsorship application is in process. What actions/steps I need to take to inform IRCC that my daughter is now in Canada and her sponsorship process need to be shifted to Canada ? Will this have any impact on the process timeline ?