19-06-2014
Passport Req..
With application
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to decide
Hello All,

I am just wondering if a mistake has been made by the visa processing office while issuing my TRV.

On my stamped PP, the expiry date is March 2016 though my program is schedule to complete in Dec 2016. This same date (March 2016) has been mentioned on the Letter of Introduction as well. I am yet to travel to Canada, so I do not have the actual study permit with me.

1. Will the immigration officer at PoE issue study permit only until March 2016 or does he have powers to extend it beyond this date?
2. If he EXTENDS the SP expiry date, will it not be a problem as the TRV expires March 2016 but SP expires in, say, Dec 2016...??
3. If he does NOT extend the SP expiry date, then I guess the only option I have is to apply for extension of study permit and TRV, right?

Thanks in advance for clarifying!

usman_14pk

Champion Member
Jan 29, 2013
sikanderv said:
Hello All,

I am just wondering if a mistake has been made by the visa processing office while issuing my TRV.

On my stamped PP, the expiry date is March 2016 though my program is schedule to complete in Dec 2016. This same date (March 2016) has been mentioned on the Letter of Introduction as well. I am yet to travel to Canada, so I do not have the actual study permit with me.

1. Will the immigration officer at PoE issue study permit only until March 2016 or does he have powers to extend it beyond this date?
2. If he EXTENDS the SP expiry date, will it not be a problem as the TRV expires March 2016 but SP expires in, say, Dec 2016...??
3. If he does NOT extend the SP expiry date, then I guess the only option I have is to apply for extension of study permit and TRV, right?

You can apply for new TRV and extension of SP later from within Canada. So don't worry. You will probably need some documents like your current transcript (current transcript of that time), letter from registrar office stating your program length, etc...

So don't worry at all.

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

sikanderv said:
Hello All,

1. Until March 2016.
2. Doesn't matter if expiry dates are different on TRV or SP. You need TRV to enter Canada and SP to stay as a student.
3. Fill up IMM 5709 for SP extension. Its optional to submit transcripts for SP extension.

sikanderv

Star Member
Jun 5, 2011
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Hyderabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2014
IELTS Request
8 overall (R9 L8.5 S7.5 W7)
File Transfer...
25-07-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
19-06-2014
Passport Req..
With application
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Yet to decide
Thank you, usman_14pk and J5M. Your inputs are highly appreciated. :) :)

RamSharma.pb

Sep 20, 2023
Hello All,

Hi bro can you tell me what happened to you when you landed in canada, did you got Study permit according to LOA or Stamped date