+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV to travel to India

tjcan

Sep 10, 2017
Hi Everyone

I hope I can get some help here.

I am planning on travelling to India in April, 2018 for a month. I have a work permit, but i don't have any visa. I have also applied for PR under spousal sponsorship (my husband has Canadian citizenship)

Question- How do i proceed on to apply for visa, so i can re-enter Canada. I tried some links on cic website, but it takes me to spousal PR links.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

jordo

Apr 27, 2014
Regina, SK
If your PR application is Inland, it is advised you only take small absences from Canada. a week or 2 at the most. As for the visa question, I'm unsure and can't help answer that.

Reactions: tjcan

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi Everyone

I hope I can get some help here.

I am planning on travelling to India in April, 2018 for a month. I have a work permit, but i don't have any visa. I have also applied for PR under spousal sponsorship (my husband has Canadian citizenship)

Question- How do i proceed on to apply for visa, so i can re-enter Canada. I tried some links on cic website, but it takes me to spousal PR links.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance
Hi

It is taking you to spousal PR links because you are answering the questions from the point of view of person intending to remain in Canada permanently. If you answer the questions as a temporary resident, it will give you the TRV option.

If you applied inland, you are advised not to leave Canada. If you do leave, as said above, you should keep it to only a few weeks.

Reactions: tjcan

tjcan

Sep 10, 2017
Hi

It is taking you to spousal PR links because you are answering the questions from the point of view of person intending to remain in Canada permanently. If you answer the questions as a temporary resident, it will give you the TRV option.

If you applied inland, you are advised not to leave Canada. If you do leave, as said above, you should keep it to only a few weeks.
Thank you. It worked with the temporary resident answer! :)

tjcan

Sep 10, 2017
Thank you. It worked with the temporary resident answer! :)
Hello again,

I have one more question to ask. As you said my inland application is in process, I shouldn't leave the country for longer period. I have a work permit and i have a full time job. And I took vacation from my job for a month. My work permit expires in May 2019.
My inland PR application was submitted in October, 2017 and They have asked me for police verification form, that i submitted on Dec 15, and I haven't heard anything back from them. The application usually takes 14 months. So I thought to leave and re-enter the country won't be a problem if I have TRV. Please guide me.

Thank you

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello again,

I have one more question to ask. As you said my inland application is in process, I shouldn't leave the country for longer period. I have a work permit and i have a full time job. And I took vacation from my job for a month. My work permit expires in May 2019.
My inland PR application was submitted in October, 2017 and They have asked me for police verification form, that i submitted on Dec 15, and I haven't heard anything back from them. The application usually takes 14 months. So I thought to leave and re-enter the country won't be a problem if I have TRV. Please guide me.

Thank you
There are 2 separate issues you need to consider.

1. You do not have the right of entry to Canada, so you are not guaranteed re-entry, regardless of your work permit and TRV. The risk is very small but it is still there. If you cannot re-enter, your inland app will be refused and you would need to start again outland.

2. You are required to be cohabiting with your spouse in Canada throughout the entire sponsorship process. One month is quite a long time and an IRCC officer may consider that with that absence, you did not meet the cohabitation requirement. If you leave, you should keep it only a few weeks.