5. Tenenancy contract copy in UAE
6. Dependent Visa copies (family)
7. Employment contract copy
8. Travel history sheet
9. Vehicle registration in UAE

Am i missing something here ?
Yes, you are.

Host documents:
Invitation letter + copies of their passport, immigration status + their financials (not mandatory, NOA and/or their bank statements)

Your documents:
Leave approval letter that says you will have your job when you return + 1-2 work-related commitments to return to the UAE by a specific date (with evidence)

6 months' bank statement (not just a salary account) + copies of financial investments + a detailed day-by-day plan for your visit with expense estimates and prove you can pay for this plan and airfare + why it is necessary to visit Canada + Travel History explanation + credit cards and 2-3 months' statements + vehicle loan statement (if applicable) + marriage certificate and birth certificates of your children + evidence they live at the same address as yourself in the UAE + evidence they are dependent on you (school tuition receipts, etc) + hotel bookings (not charged to your credit card) + travel insurance

Evidence of your ties to your home country (dependent family + property or land ownership + financial investments there, etc)

I recommend you:
1. Renew your tenancy agreement before you reapply

2. Include a cover letter

Reactions: Sarath_S

Sarath_S

May 21, 2018
Yes, you are.

Host documents:
Invitation letter + copies of their passport, immigration status + their financials (not mandatory, NOA and/or their bank statements)

Your documents:
Leave approval letter that says you will have your job when you return + 1-2 work-related commitments to return to the UAE by a specific date (with evidence)

6 months' bank statement (not just a salary account) + copies of financial investments + a detailed day-by-day plan for your visit with expense estimates and prove you can pay for this plan and airfare + why it is necessary to visit Canada + Travel History explanation + credit cards and 2-3 months' statements + vehicle loan statement (if applicable) + marriage certificate and birth certificates of your children + evidence they live at the same address as yourself in the UAE + evidence they are dependent on you (school tuition receipts, etc) + hotel bookings (not charged to your credit card) + travel insurance

Evidence of your ties to your home country (dependent family + property or land ownership + financial investments there, etc)

I recommend you:
1. Renew your tenancy agreement before you reapply

2. Include a cover letter

Thanks Bryanna for taking your time and addressing my concerns. I would surely add these documents this time.
Regarding the cover letter,can you advice me on how to frame it (put in what all details)and what are the chances the VO reads it?
Also the cover letter would go as an additional document together with the application form?

I read earlier we need to specify the previous rejection in the new application form.How and where do we do that?
Should I justify the additional documents in the cover letter and give a reason why it was not attached in the earlier application.?!

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Regarding the cover letter,can you advice me on how to frame it (put in what all details)
Cover letter:
Formal tone, addressed to the visa officer, information set out in sections, point-wise information (do avoid long sentences as the visa officer may not have the time to read everything).

Suggested sections:
1. Applicant details + Host details

2. How I have overcome my previous TRV refusal reasons

3. Purpose of my visit/Proposed itinerary and expense estimates + Why I would like to visit in XX month

4. Funds available for my visit

5. My strong ties to home country + country of residence (employment + property ownership + dependent family + financial investments, etc)

6. Why I must return to country of residence by XX date

7. My previous travel history (tabular format for visa details + entry/exit dates + purpose of each visit)..... chronological order, last 10 years max

and what are the chances the VO reads it?
None of us can give you an answer to this.

Also the cover letter would go as an additional document together with the application form?
If you apply by paper, VFS staff will arrange the documents.

I read earlier we need to specify the previous rejection in the new application form.How and where do we do that?
In the TRV application form (Background Information section) + cover letter

Should I justify the additional documents in the cover letter and give a reason why it was not attached in the earlier application.?!
Not required

Reactions: Sarath_S and tozach

rajvir0707

Jun 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
nov 5th 2013
IELTS Request
sent along
Hi Thanks for your time to look at this post I would appreciate if you could also give your advice on this...
My sister applied for her tourist visa along with her 7 years daughter but it was refus d stating that she will not abide the terms and conditions of the visa. We showed hood bank balance and it was 2 yrs old. I also sent an invitation letter and attached every possible proof but was refused. Now I would like to know can my 7 yrs old niece can apply for her TRV with her grandmother and can come to Canada for her summer holidays?Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Thanks for your time to look at this post I would appreciate if you could also give your advice on this...
My sister applied for her tourist visa along with her 7 years daughter but it was refus d stating that she will not abide the terms and conditions of the visa. We showed hood bank balance and it was 2 yrs old. I also sent an invitation letter and attached every possible proof but was refused. Now I would like to know can my 7 yrs old niece can apply for her TRV with her grandmother and can come to Canada for her summer holidays?Thanks
Yes, your niece can apply with her grandmother

Sarath_S

May 21, 2018
Cover letter:
Formal tone, addressed to the visa officer, information set out in sections, point-wise information (do avoid long sentences as the visa officer may not have the time to read everything).

Suggested sections:
1. Applicant details + Host details

2. How I have overcome my previous TRV refusal reasons

3. Purpose of my visit/Proposed itinerary and expense estimates + Why I would like to visit in XX month

4. Funds available for my visit

5. My strong ties to home country + country of residence (employment + property ownership + dependent family + financial investments, etc)

6. Why I must return to country of residence by XX date

7. My previous travel history (tabular format for visa details + entry/exit dates + purpose of each visit)..... chronological order, last 10 years max

None of us can give you an answer to this.

If you apply by paper, VFS staff will arrange the documents.

In the TRV application form (Background Information section) + cover letter

Not required
Thanks a lot Brayanna, really appreciate your help.

I have a seamen book , would it be of any use to attach a copy of it?

Also my cancelled passports carries a lot of extensive travels including the schengen korean Visa etc. I am listing out all these in the travel history. Does it carry any value ? These two passports are not expired they are cancelled due to the lack of pages due to my such extensive world wide travels. Do you think it will help to cover the travel history point they have mentioned?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks a lot Brayanna, really appreciate your help.

I have a seamen book , would it be of any use to attach a copy of it?
You can include it if you're submitting a paper application. But, don't forget to include the Travel History explanation (for the last 10 years).

Also my cancelled passports carries a lot of extensive travels including the schengen korean Visa etc. I am listing out all these in the travel history. Does it carry any value ? These two passports are not expired they are cancelled due to the lack of pages due to my such extensive world wide travels. Do you think it will help to cover the travel history point they have mentioned?
Yes, it definitely makes a difference. Submit them with your paper application

Sarath_S

May 21, 2018
You can include it if you're submitting a paper application. But, don't forget to include the Travel History explanation (for the last 10 years).

There are no stamps on seamen book, its just used together with the passport all the time when I was travelling. Just thought of adding it for strengthening the travel history.

Yes, it definitely makes a difference. Submit them with your paper application
Ok, I will attach all pages of both the passports together with the paper application. Do I have to include my travels to Home country and Resident country also in the travel history? There are a lot of such entries and some of the resident country visits are without stamps as they are through Egates. (Its puzzling)

Please share your expert opinion on this.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Ok, I will attach all pages of both the passports together with the paper application. Do I have to include my travels to Home country and Resident country also in the travel history? There are a lot of such entries and some of the resident country visits are without stamps as they are through Egates. (Its puzzling)

Please share your expert opinion on this.
All travel to visa-required countries except to the home country. You can refer to ticket bookings/boarding passes for any gaps

Sarath_S

May 21, 2018
All travel to visa-required countries except to the home country. You can refer to ticket bookings/boarding passes for any gaps
Hi Brayanna,

Thanks to you I did my home work and submitted all the documents and reapplied.
However I missed two entries on my travel history excel sheet. Its such a big travel history that it has around 65 trips listed and 19 countries involved. .Unfortunately I missed out two entries to Denmark. But Denmark visa copy is attached with the travel history sheet. I have attached the passport copies that has complete history plus I have said in the cover letter that I have been to Denmark.

Denmark entry is a 7 year old entry. Schedule 1 Form didn't had enough rows to carry my past 5 years travel. Hence the travel history excel sheet was attached after it (but missed two Denmark entries). The schedule 1 form is asking only for travel up to 5 years. This missed Denmark entries are beyond 5 years, will it still be a issue? Should I be just waiting or doing something to correct this error?

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Brayanna,

Thanks to you I did my home work and submitted all the documents and reapplied.
However I missed two entries on my travel history excel sheet. Its such a big travel history that it has around 65 trips listed and 19 countries involved. .Unfortunately I missed out two entries to Denmark. But Denmark visa copy is attached with the travel history sheet. I have attached the passport copies that has complete history plus I have said in the cover letter that I have been to Denmark.

Denmark entry is a 7 year old entry. Schedule 1 Form didn't had enough rows to carry my past 5 years travel. Hence the travel history excel sheet was attached after it (but missed two Denmark entries). The schedule 1 form is asking only for travel up to 5 years. This missed Denmark entries are beyond 5 years, will it still be a issue? Should I be just waiting or doing something to correct this error?
That's okay. With this extensive travel history, you've proved your point to IRCC. It won't matter if you missed a couple of entries

Sarath_S

May 21, 2018
Fantastic. Your TRV is on the way :)

Most probably until passport expiry
Much relieved. Cant thank you enough for the time, patience and expert advice you have given.

Words arent enough to say how grateful I feel. Thanks a lot Brayanna (not bro, not sir) .

Reactions: Zigzag85