+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV refused- Personal assest/Financial status

Sophia the first

Apr 15, 2017
Hi eveyrone,

TRV application was refused recently due to Personal asset/Financial Status.

I used my payroll bank account to support the application. Also, my canadian bf is sending me money 250 cad every paycheck he received from his work or 500cad a month for 6 months already. That money was deposited in my payroll bank account. It was saved thier for me to have money for my visit. Question, is it alright to demonstrate or declare that some of my money in my account is from my bf? Please advice. Thank you.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
How much was in your account?

Typically you would need to show at least CA$1000 per week of stay plus cost of roundtrip airfare.

Sophia the first

Apr 15, 2017
bellaluna said:
How much was in your account?

Typically you would need to show at least CA$1000 per week of stay plus cost of roundtrip airfare.

CA$2900 1 month visit for me and my son. I am planning to apply again 2 weeks from now but without my son anymore as he will be in school next month. Is it alright to state in the cover letter that 500cad every month in my bank account is from my bf? Proposed lenght of visit now 2 weeks. Thank you

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Yeah, you would have needed to show at least $8k plus airfare for two if you applied with your son, and 1 month is too long.

Yes, you can explain about the 500cad from your boyfriend, and you can also explain why your son is not in this application anymore (school)--include his certificate of enrolment or any other documents he has for school. Ideally, the visa officer will buy this as a tie.

Do you also have a full-time job that can be seen as a tie? Or any other bank accounts or financial assets that you can present?

If you also look at this forum, applications where the purpose of visit is to visit a girlfriend/boyfriend in Canada are more difficult when there are few economic ties in the home country.

Sophia the first

Apr 15, 2017
bellaluna said:
Yeah, you would have needed to show at least $8k plus airfare for two if you applied with your son, and 1 month is too long.
Only 2 weeks this time.

Yes, you can explain about the 500cad from your boyfriend, and you can also explain why your son is not in this application anymore (school)--include his certificate of enrolment or any other documents he has for school. Ideally, the visa officer will buy this as a tie.
A payout form from western union will support where the money came from.

Do you also have a full-time job that can be seen as a tie? Or any other bank accounts or financial assets that you can present?
Yes I got work in an accounting firm for more than 8 years (9 years by Oct) No other bank account but I got a farm land 10.700+ sq mtrs (in my name)

hopefully it wiol work this time. Fingers crossed. Thank you bellaluna for the prompt reply.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Oh okay that's great. Please do show your certificate of employment and land title when you apply again.

IMO the payout form won't help without any context or a letter of invitation from your BF.

Good luck. I think you have a shot if you do it properly next time.

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
Sophia the first said:
Yes I got work in an accounting firm for more than 8 years (9 years by Oct) No other bank account but I got a farm land 10.700+ sq mtrs (in my name)
get the property evaluated by chartered accounts and submit as proof of asset and country tie.

Sophia the first

Apr 15, 2017
Hi everyone, Please help. I just submitted my application online. However my credit card was declined (Bank issue/insufficient fund though I still have enough credit limit). Is their any option to pay? CIC only gave me 2 hours to complete the payment. If I cant complete the payment the time frame given will application cancel? Thank you.

Sophia the first

Apr 15, 2017
Hi everyone,

I already submitted my appplication through online last June 14. Hoping for a possitive outcome this time :)

Documents uploaded
Purpose of visit
1. Detailed itinerary
2. Confirmed returned ticket
3. Vacation leave letter signed by our HR. With date to return to work

Proof of means of financial support
1. 4 months bank statement with 3400+cad on it
2. Employment certificate
3.Certified true copy of an
agri land title (under my name)
4. 3months payslips
5. Income tax return

Proof of means of financial supporter
1. 4 months bank statement
2. Employment certificate
3. Last 2 years T4
4. Picture together and printed skype
and messenger conversation(as
proof of relationship)
5. Notarized invitation letter

Other/optional
1. Explanation letter
2. Birth certificates of my family (as a
proof of family ties)
3. My 2017 salary increase letter from
HR
4. WU pay out slips. (To support large deposit in my bank account last
March)
5. Receipt and cheque copy( to
support other large deposit is
from
harvest corn from my agri land a mo a month ago)

Good thing our IT helped me zipped (pdf format) the documents for easy uploading. Fingers crossed for visa :) :)

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
Hello experts,
I am planning to invite my mom and sister for visit me. I need some suggestion.

1. My sister is single, therefore she doesn't have family ties in back home. She lives with my mom. My mom and sister visited India 3/4 times, except that they don't have travel history from any other country. She is taking care of our family business. The business under her name since she has to handle it. Our business has yearly income approximately 450k.Canadian dollar. All the business income goes to her business account. We also have properties.

2. Do you think I should apply for my mom super visa and separately send invitation letter for my sister TRV.
or they should apply for both of them in a same application normal TRV.

3. I am working same company for almost 3 years. I will sponsor my mom end of 2018 for permanence residency. Now I want my mom and sister visit me.

I wrote almost big history to understand our situation.

Please advise me how much chances to get TRV visa if she apply her own or my mom & she apply for normal TRV in a same application.

Thank you in advance.

Sophia the first

Apr 15, 2017
Hi bellaluna,
Its been 15 days now since I submitted my application. Is it right to follow up? It says only 12 days processing time here in Phil. Im a bit worried cause im going to HK 2 weeks from now. Thank you.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi bellaluna,
Its been 15 days now since I submitted my application. Is it right to follow up? It says only 12 days processing time here in Phil. Im a bit worried cause im going to HK 2 weeks from now. Thank you.
There's no point in following up, so don't. You'll only get a generic response, and your application won't go any faster.
Looks like you submitted online. Don't worry about your HK trip. You have 30 days to submit your passport if approved. If you're approved, just submit it after your trip.

Sophia the first

Apr 15, 2017
There's no point in following up, so don't. You'll only get a generic response, and your application won't go any faster.
Looks like you submitted online. Don't worry about your HK trip. You have 30 days to submit your passport if approved. If you're approved, just submit it after your trip.
Thank you for the info bellaluna. Yes, I submitted online :). Fingers crosses. Stress me out :(