+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

trv refused from abu dhabi vis office

You N Yours

Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
Do provide more details:
1. What was the purpose of her visit and for how long?

2. What documents did she submit + what documents did VFS Pakistan return?

3. What ties can she prove to Pakistan: Family + employment/business + property + financials (is she dependent on someone) + any previous travel history?

4. When did she apply the first time?
She sumittied her application with our supporting documents are the following:
My wife's doctor letter for upcoming baby so she can help her after the babe born
2) affidavit from both of us
3) NOA
4) our marriage certificate photo copy
5 )our passport photo copies
6) My wife birth certificate
7) our child passport photo copies
MY MOM in law submitted documents,
Her affidavit
2) her husband death certificate
3) she took her property paper but visa center refused to take
4) her old passport travel history
5) Bank statement
6) bought the ticket for 2 months with returned date.
7) she did write the letter that my purpose of visit to help my daughter after her baby born.
8) A letter from her unmarried daughters that we have strong attachment with our mother and family relating issues including our marriage in coming future as a more responsible mother after the death of our beloved father.

Here were above my mother had applied for TRV from ISB Pak but this time her application checked in Dubai office..
But I found at the end of letter there is not sign of VO officer of his/her on refusal letter

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
She sumittied her application with our supporting documents are the following:
My wife's doctor letter for upcoming baby so she can help her after the babe born
This is probably the reason why your mom-in-law was refused as it is clear that she is coming to Canada to take care of your newborn child = Working illegally on a TRV

If I'm not mistaken this was the same situation when your elder child was born too i.e. your mom-in-law wanting to visit to take care of him/her = TRV refusal in 2015

IMO, your mom-in-law had a weak application which unfortunately, guaranteed TRV refusals both times. Here's why:
Her affidavit
Affidavits cannot be enforced. Hence, they don't work for visa applications.

2) her husband death certificate
This worked against her and it explains the refusal reason for 'Family ties in Canada'. As your dad-in-law has passed away, her family ties to Pakistan are weak. And, submitting his death certificate only reiterates this point.

It would have helped if your mom-in-law needs to return to renew your dad-in-law's pension (if that's the case)

3) she took her property paper but visa center refused to take
She would need to submit the property ownership documents (legally in her name) + property valuation (either self or by a property assessor) + recent property tax receipts + support documents to reconfirm the indicative market value for the property.

All documents must be in/translated into English by a certified translator.

4) her old passport travel history
Generally, only travel to the US, UK, Schengen countries, Australia/NZ would count as travel history + she would need to prepare a Travel History explanation (visa details + entry/exit dates + purpose of each visit)

5) Bank statement
Did she borrow money shortly before she applied? Are the funds in her bank account her own or transferred from someone else? Does she have other financial investments (bank term deposits, mutual funds, shares/stocks, pension funds, jewelry as investment)?

Note:
You did not include your bank statements. So if her financial situation is not strong, it explains why she was refused for financial assets because her TRV application did not have the additional financial support from you as the host

6) bought the ticket for 2 months with returned date.
Plane tickets do not assure a TRV approval. Also, a visit of two months is too long and it explains why she was refused for 'Proposed length of visit'.

She should have kept her visit to 3-4 weeks max. + included a detailed day-by-day itinerary for sightseeing/meeting friends and family/activities with expense estimates.

7) she did write the letter that my purpose of visit to help my daughter after her baby born.
As I have explained earlier, this is the reason why she was refused twice i.e. in 2015 and recently

8) A letter from her unmarried daughters that we have strong attachment with our mother and family relating issues including our marriage in coming future as a more responsible mother after the death of our beloved father.
Again, affidavits do not work. What works is hard evidence.

As her daughters are non-dependent adults, the strength of your mom-in-law's family ties to her daughters is reduced.

It would have helped if (for example) one of her daughter's marriage was scheduled..... and if your mom-in-law had included evidence of the marriage (wedding card, bookings for venue/caterers/florist, etc, invitations mailed to guests/relatives, etc)

Here were above my mother had applied for TRV from ISB Pak but this time her application checked in Dubai office..
But I found at the end of letter there is not sign of VO officer of his/her on refusal letter
It's certain that she has been refused this time.

Other suggestions:
1. Your mom-in-law must also include 1-2 other reasons with evidence of why she must return to Pakistan by a specific date

2. Although it is not mandatory, she could purchase a refundable/date change allowed overseas travel medical insurance policy

Last edited:

You N Yours

Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
Wow looks
This is probably the reason why your mom-in-law was refused as it is clear that she is coming to Canada to take care of your newborn child = Working illegally on a TRV

If I'm not mistaken this was the same situation when your elder child was born too i.e. your mom-in-law wanting to visit to take care of him/her = TRV refusal in 2015

IMO, your mom-in-law had a weak application which unfortunately, guaranteed TRV refusals both times. Here's why:

Affidavits cannot be enforced. Hence, they don't work for visa applications.

This worked against her and it explains the refusal reason for 'Family ties in Canada'. As your dad-in-law has passed away, her family ties to Pakistan are weak. And, submitting his death certificate only reiterates this point.

It would have helped if your mom-in-law needs to return to renew your dad-in-law's pension (if that's the case)

She would need to submit the property ownership documents (legally in her name) + property valuation (either self or by a property assessor) + recent property tax receipts + support documents to reconfirm the indicative market value for the property.

All documents must be in/translated into English by a certified translator.

Generally, only travel to the US, UK, Schengen countries, Australia/NZ would count as travel history + she would need to prepare a Travel History explanation (visa details + entry/exit dates + purpose of each visit)

Did she borrow money shortly before she applied? Are the funds in her bank account her own or transferred from someone else? Does she have other financial investments (bank term deposits, mutual funds, shares/stocks, pension funds, jewelry as investment)?

Note:
You did not include your bank statements. So if her financial situation is not strong, it explains why she was refused for financial assets because her TRV application did not have the additional financial support from you as the host

Plane tickets do not assure a TRV approval. Also, a visit of two months is too long and it explains why she was refused for 'Proposed length of visit'.

She should have kept her visit to 3-4 weeks max. + included a detailed day-by-day itinerary for sightseeing/meeting friends and family/activities with expense estimates.

As I have explained earlier, this is the reason why she was refused twice i.e. in 2015 and recently

Again, affidavits do not work. What works is hard evidence.

As her daughters are non-dependent adults, the strength of your mom-in-law's family ties to her daughters is reduced.

It would have helped if (for example) one of her daughter's marriage was scheduled..... and if your mom-in-law had included evidence of the marriage (wedding card, bookings for venue/caterers/florist, etc, invitations mailed to guests/relatives, etc)

It's certain that she has been refused this time.

Other suggestions:
1. Your mom-in-law must also include 1-2 other reasons with evidence of why she must return to Pakistan by a specific date

2. Although it is not mandatory, she could purchase a refundable/date change allowed overseas travel medical insurance policy
A great explanation like immigration consultant :) ..I do agree what you said and that's the fact. Thanks Bryanna;).you really deserve for a nice gift;)

so can we apply again @ Bryanna ?

Last edited:

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Wow looks

A great explanation like immigration consultant :) ..I do agree what you said and that's the fact. Thanks Bryanna;).you really deserve for a nice gift;)

so can we apply again @ Bryanna ?
You're most welcome :):)

When is your baby due?
Can you manage for a couple of months instead of reapplying immediately?

Sun88

May 28, 2014
Hi Bryanna, @Bryanna

Thank you for all the valuable information that you are providing which is helping lot of people in their TRV. My case is similar, my parents TRV was refused twice from Abu Dhabi visa office. I am would like to know your inputs. Following are the reasons that they provided.

1) Immigration status in country of residence - Indian citizens residing in UAE from 2008 on valid work permit.
2) Travel History - No travel history except for the gulf countries.
3) Current employment situation - My father's contract gets renewed every 2 years, recently it was renewed may 2017 till June 2019.
4) Family ties in Canada and in country of residence - They don't have any family is UAE, my married younger sister is in India and my grand parents are also in India. they visit India almost every 3 months.
5) You have not provided enough documentation of your/your hosts income and assets.

Following are the documents that we provided.

1) My Father's work/residence permit valid till 2019.
2) My father's bank statements both in UAE and in India - Approx 25000 CAD
3) My bank statements for last three months - Approx 20000 CAD
4) Length of travel - 2 weeks
5) Invitation letter from my side
6) LOE from my father's side - It was a strong letter stating all the reason to go back to UAE.
7) His employer letter stating his salary, role date of joining and approving the leave for the specified dates (2 weeks)
8) Property documents in India worth 90 lakhs.
9) Purpose of visit was to visit me, I am a permanent resident.
10) His rental lease in UAE.

I am not sure what I missed that they refused it twice. I have ordered GCMS which ll take a month, but I am really tensed and worried. they also mentioned in their refusal letter that we can apply again if we can address these concerns.

thanks a lot,
Sun88

You N Yours

Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
In that case, the visa office must have received your biometrics. Nonetheless, you can reconfirm with them just in case your refusal was due to a technical issue.

You'll get better advice on this forum than hiring a lawyer. If you have the time, you can order your case notes (ATIP/GCMS) before you reapply.
Can i order mine ATIP @Bryanna ?
Or else you may want to consider reapplying online (not through VFS Pakistan who refuse to accept critical documents for illogical reasons)
I do agree with you what you made a logic about ISB VFS

Last edited:

You N Yours

Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
She
Do provide more details:
1. What was the purpose of her visit and for how long?

2. What documents did she submit + what documents did VFS Pakistan return?
Nothing they returned only passport with redial letter.

3. What ties can she prove to Pakistan: Family + employment/business + property + financials (is she dependent on someone) + any previous travel history?
No she did not attach any documents at that time.plus she is dependent on her cousin.
4. When did she apply the first time?