+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

trv refused from abu dhabi vis office

supes7756

Oct 22, 2017
Hello,

I recently got my study permit extended from within Canada on 9th of August. I had to leave Canada and go to my country Pakistan. I did not apply for a new trv from Canada.

I applied for a new trv from outside Canada, from Oman ( i went to Oman as a visitor and im currently in Oman ). I applied for a new trv online from Oman on 23rd of August. I submitted my biometrics at VFS global oman in Muscat on 5th of September. According to VFS global, my biometrics were sent to the Visa Processing Center in Abu Dhabi on 6th of September but whenever i logged in to my online application, it always said that " we have not received your fingerprints. Check the message below". My online application kept on showing this till 20th of October. I even filled out IRCC webform to ask whether they have received my fingerprints or not.

I received a very general reply, they said that due to an error in their online system they cannot upload any biometrics information of applicants online and due to this the processing times for applications have increased.

They did not even mention if they have received my biometrics.

I received a correspondence letter in my online application on 21st of October which said that my application has been refused :(

It said in the letter that the reason my application was checked off. The only reason that was checked off was " You have not complied with our request for information, as per section 16(1)." Nothing else was checked off.

I am really sad and worried as I am an international student in Canada and my classes have already started in September. I was hoping to return to my classes for this semester but now i can not. I do not know what to do. I should not have left Canada without trv and I regret my decision to apply from outside Canada.

I can not understand what can be the reason for refusal, did Visa processing center not receive my fingerprints? Can that be a reason for refusal of trv? My online application kept on showing " We have not received your fingerprints" until the day i received the correspondence letter.

I submitted all the required documents for trv application, I submitted the following documents

Proof of Means of Financial Support
Travel History
Passport
Proof of Financial Resource of Supporter
Digital Photo
Family Information
Schedule 1- application for trv made outside of Canada
Invitation Letter ( i gave proof of enrollment in university in Fall semester for invitation letter)
Letter of Explanation (i attached a copy of study permit with the letter and in the letter i stated that I am a student, i got my study permit extended in August and I want to return to Canada so I can resume my studies)

I will also apply for caips notes to see what went wrong with my application.

I think that may be my biomterics were not received as it kept saying in my online account that my fingerprints have not been received and this might be the reason my application was refused.

I really need an experts advice on this issue. Should I consult an immigration lawyer as well??

Thanks

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Did you get a tracking number after you provided your biometrics?

Maybe you should email the Abu Dhabi visa office to reconfirm you had provided your biometrics at the Muscat VAC. If this does not work, you should reapply

supes7756

Oct 22, 2017
Thank you for your reply

Yes I did get tracking number for biometrics but its useless, it says that I need to contact VFS to get information regarding my biometrics and when I talked to vfs, they told me that my biometrics were sent to the embassy on 6th of September.

I will try emailing the embassy as well as submitting another webform to confirm if my biometrics were received.

Do you think I should contact a lawyer??

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you for your reply

Yes I did get tracking number for biometrics but its useless, it says that I need to contact VFS to get information regarding my biometrics and when I talked to vfs, they told me that my biometrics were sent to the embassy on 6th of September.

I will try emailing the embassy as well as submitting another webform to confirm if my biometrics were received.

Do you think I should contact a lawyer??
In that case, the visa office must have received your biometrics. Nonetheless, you can reconfirm with them just in case your refusal was due to a technical issue.

You'll get better advice on this forum than hiring a lawyer. If you have the time, you can order your case notes (ATIP/GCMS) before you reapply.

Or else you may want to consider reapplying online (not through VFS Pakistan who refuse to accept critical documents for illogical reasons)

supes7756

Oct 22, 2017
The strange thing is that it showed in my online application till 19th of October that my fingerprints have not been received. If my biometrics were received, it must say that my fingerprints have been received. They did mention in their email response that they had trouble uploading biometrics results due to some error in their online system.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
The strange thing is that it showed in my online application till 19th of October that my fingerprints have not been received. If my biometrics were received, it must say that my fingerprints have been received. They did mention in their email response that they had trouble uploading biometrics results due to some error in their online system.
Hopefully your refusal was due to a technical issue.

I would email the Muscat VAC + Abu Dhabi visa office + send a Case Specific Enquiry (but the emails could get you a faster response)

Omairi7

Sep 29, 2017
My sister also stucked in Canada just like your case and as bryanna said about this forum is reliable enough to understand the ground reality. I especially asked her not to leave Canada unless she will get the visa renewed inside canada. She already got PGWP. Once you will be out of Canada with out upgraded visa and status it will be hell difficult to convince the authorities

You N Yours

Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
Did you get a tracking number after you provided your biometrics?

Maybe you should email the Abu Dhabi visa office to reconfirm you had provided your biometrics at the Muscat VAC. If this does not work, you should reapply
Dear bryanna pls check your message. .I have sent you
Thanks

You N Yours

Star Member
Apr 7, 2011
A request: Could you please re-post the details in this thread. I haven't been able to reply to pm's

Please advise what to prepare and reapply again to convince the VO
The VO refusal reasons the following are:

You have not satisfied me that you would leaveCanada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision, I consideredseveral factors, Including:
1) Family Ties in Canada and in Country of Residence
2) Length of proposed stay in Canada
3) Personal assets and financial Status
I am not satisfied that you have sufficientfunds, including income or assets, to carry outyour stated purpose in going to Canada or tomaintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

You have not provided sufficientdocumentation to support your/your host's income and assets.

In making decision on an application,a number of factors are considered .These may include but are not limited to:
The information in the travel and identity documents;
2) The reason for the travel to Canada;
3)the person,s contact in Canada;
4)the person's ties to his/her country of residence(including immigration status,employment and family ties)
5) the person,s ablility to pay for the trip and to support him/herself while in Canada;
6)whether the person is likely to respect the condition of his or her admission to Canada;
7) Wether the person in inadmissible to Canada, and wether the person would be likely to leave Canada at the end of his/her authorized stay

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
@Bryanna please confirm As a visitor you can apply for TRV from any country?without having a legal status?
In any country (if it's not the home country), one would have some status (visitor, worker, student, refugee, etc) which would allow to him/her to apply for a TRV.

By 'without legal status' you mean someone who is an overstayer or else is illegal in that country? If yes, that person would not get approved for a TRV

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Please advise what to prepare and reapply again to convince the VO
The VO refusal reasons the following are:

You have not satisfied me that you would leaveCanada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident. In reaching this decision, I consideredseveral factors, Including:
1) Family Ties in Canada and in Country of Residence
2) Length of proposed stay in Canada
3) Personal assets and financial Status
Do provide more details:
1. What was the purpose of her visit and for how long?

2. What documents did she submit + what documents did VFS Pakistan return?

3. What ties can she prove to Pakistan: Family + employment/business + property + financials (is she dependent on someone) + any previous travel history?

4. When did she apply the first time?