+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV refused for minor

AurCit

Nov 3, 2015
I hope someone here had similar experience and can advise on what I can do to re-apply. Background: my niece is 16, she is in high school. We have invited her stating that we'll cover all expenses (provided bank statements, employment letter, etc.) bought her a return ticket, included her school transcript, a letter showing she owns property, another letter showing her mom owns property, her mom's tax filings (she has a small business, not making a lot of money but it's regular income). She was going to stay in Canada for 5 weeks and then go back home to start school year. The letter where the TRV was refused said that there is no proof she has financial assets, that she does not have funds to stay in Canada and there is no proof her parents have income & savings.

Is the problem her mom's low income? We explicitly said we'll cover all expenses in the application and supporting letter.

Very frustrated and do not understand what the problem is. Please advise

Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes - her mother's income is likely part of the problem.

Has your niece traveled to countries previously that require visas (e.g. US, UK, Europe)? If not, I would ask for a 2 week trip (instead of 5) when you reapply.

Aoni

Jul 4, 2017
pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
lahore
i am a minor and i have also applied for canadian trv fingers crossed but i have my fathers bank statement my invitation letter school bonafide letter property owned by mother bank statement is about 70000 cad

CAN2014FSWP

Sep 19, 2014
Hello experts,

@Jakev

@Bryanna

@Jaywalker

Other experts that i dont know :)

I have exact same case.

Our Niece is 16 (from my wife's side), We applied for TRV online (visitor visa < 6 months). Her parents does normal job and dont have huge cash in their account. So i will be covering all the expenses. I have a good job earning $60,000/year. in canada (we are permanent resident since 2016)
------Financial docs of supporter (me) : last two years income tax (as we landed as PR in 2016) . my salary slips, employment letter from my company, Latest electricity bill (i own house), my six months bank statement with balance of $ 25,000.
---- For Financial docs for Applicant : I provided letter of support as that was one of the option listed in the list of documents. She does not have bank account and her parents does not have much balance (just $2000). I attached my financial documents again in this section.
--- Uploaded return flight tickets (confirmed) for two months stay (May - June)
-- Invitation letter: Family visit (purpose of visit) :- we stated she finished her 10th grade exam and we want her to spend two months with us before she starts her grade 11 again.
-- Travel History : None
-- Custodian letter Notorized by her mother and biological father.

-- Note: She lives with her Mother, Step Father and younger sister. In her travel document her biological father is mentioned as her father. I made her mother and biological father sign everywhere where she signed on the form, as she is minor. So all three of them signed on all the forms where the signature was required.

Time line
--- Online Application submitted with Biomatric fees: 24-March-2019 ( She is in India)
--- Biomatric request : 25-March-2019
--- Biomatric done : 01-April-2019
--- TRV Rejection : 05-April-2019

Rejection Reasons as below:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

Please let me know in case you need any other information from my side for further guidance.

My questions:

1) Is it a good idea to apply again?
2) What should i change for new application?
3) We are planning for her study visa after 2 years (grade 12). Does this rejection effect her eligibility for the study visa?
4) Would appreciate others with similar case to share their experience on this thread.

Last edited:

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello experts,

@Jakev

@Bryanna

@Jaywalker

I have exact same case.

Our Niece is 16 (from my wife's side), We applied for TRV online (visitor visa < 6 months). Her parents does normal job and dont have huge cash in their account. So i will be covering all the expenses. I have a good job earning $60,000/year. in canada (we are permanent resident since 2016)
------Financial docs of supporter (me) : last two years income tax (as we landed as PR in 2016) . my salary slips, employment letter from my company, Latest electricity bill (i own house), my six months bank statement with balance of $ 25,000.
---- For Financial docs for Applicant : I provided letter of support as that was one of the option listed in the list of documents. She does not have bank account and her parents does not have much balance (just $2000). I attached my financial documents again in this section.
-- Invitation letter: Family visit (purpose of visit) :- we stated she finished her 10th grade exam and we want her to spend two months with us before she starts her grade 11 again.

-- Note: She lives with her Mother, Step Father and younger sister. In her travel document her biological father is mentioned as her father. I made her mother and biological father sign everywhere where she signed on the form, as she is minor. So all three of them signed on all the forms where the signature was required.

Time line
--- Online Application submitted with Biomatric fees: 24-March-2019 ( She is in India)

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.

Please let me know in case you need any other information from my side for further guidance.

My questions:

3) We are planning for her study visa after 2 years (grade 12). Does this rejection effect her eligibility for the study visa?

Her TRV is mostly dependent on her parent's income even if you will be covering expenses. 2 months was also too long of a vacation request.

Reactions: CAN2014FSWP

CAN2014FSWP

Sep 19, 2014
Her TRV is mostly dependent on her parent's income even if you will be covering expenses. 2 months was also too long of a vacation request.
Thanks a lot for the quick response.

What do you think is the ideal duration for her TRV and what would you suggest on the financial side to be changed?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hello experts,

@Jakev

@Bryanna

@Jaywalker

I have exact same case.

Time line

My questions:

4) Would appreciate others with similar case to share their experience on this thread.
Her parents must be able to pay for her entire visit. You can only offer to provide accommodation.

Most importantly, her study ties are zero nor a compelling reason for her to return to India at an individual level. Unless she is exceptionally intelligent (this would be evident from her Grade 9 and her 10 examination results - and I think the Grade 10 results are not out as yet).... her admission to Grade 11 is non-existent at this moment.... no documents to show for it.... no reason to return to India.

It would have been a different matter if she had previous travel history + if she was already studying in Grade 12 (and had to return to give those exams)

CAN2014FSWP

Sep 19, 2014
Her parents must be able to pay for her entire visit. You can only offer to provide accommodation.

Most importantly, her study ties are zero nor a compelling reason for her to return to India at an individual level. Unless she is exceptionally intelligent (this would be evident from her Grade 9 and her 10 examination results - and I think the Grade 10 results are not out as yet).... her admission to Grade 11 is non-existent at this moment.... no documents to show for it.... no reason to return to India.

It would have been a different matter if she had previous travel history + if she was already studying in Grade 12 (and had to return to give those exams)
Thanks a lot for the reply!

So i asume, that answer to question 1) is that i should not reapply for her at the moment, as i will have to make her parents arrange some bank balance in their bank account.

How about answer to my question 3) ?

and a new question, i will have their parents some balance in their account and may be apply again after a year (11th grade vacation)? for two weeks.
Her parents are still in india, not planning to travel with her, i would have assumed that made a strong tie for her to return to India, but that did not work in the refused application.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks a lot for the reply!

So i asume, that answer to question 1) is that i should not reapply for her at the moment, as i will have to make her parents arrange some bank balance in their bank account.
It's not advisable to 'arrange' for finances. I assume you meant take a loan.... or you transfer money to their account.... or something similar.

How about answer to my question 3) ?

and a new question, i will have their parents some balance in their account and may be apply again after a year (11th grade vacation)? for two weeks.
Her parents are still in india, not planning to travel with her, i would have assumed that made a strong tie for her to return to India, but that did not work in the refused application.
The converse to this might have worked i.e. if the parent had applied for a visa by indicating the daughter as a family tie to return home to

CAN2014FSWP

Sep 19, 2014
It's not advisable to 'arrange' for finances. I assume you meant take a loan.... or you transfer money to their account.... or something similar.

The converse to this might have worked i.e. if the parent had applied for a visa by indicating the daughter as a family tie to return home to
Thanks again for the quick reply :)

1) Her Grandfather has more then sufficient fund and property, can we show his financial documents? I was planning for her grandfather to transfer funds to her mother's account, before six months of applying again for visitor visa next year.

2) We are planning for her study visa after 2 years (grade 12). Does this rejection effect her eligibility for the study visa?

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thanks again for the quick reply :)

1) Her Grandfather has more then sufficient fund and property, can we show his financial documents? I was planning for her grandfather to transfer funds to her mother's account, before six months of applying again for visitor visa next year.
It's easy for the visa officer to do the math and see that the money was not earned by the mother.

2) We are planning for her study visa after 2 years (grade 12). Does this rejection effect her eligibility for the study visa?
Herr study permit depends on a bunch of other factors. A TRV refusal for generic reasons won't affect the study permit

CAN2014FSWP

Sep 19, 2014
It's easy for the visa officer to do the math and see that the money was not earned by the mother.

Herr study permit depends on a bunch of other factors. A TRV refusal for generic reasons won't affect the study permit
Gotcha,,, thanks for the quick response. You are the best. We will just wait for her to clear Grade 12 and do the study visa than.

By the way, in the rejected application. I had uploaded zero financial documents from her parents (only reattached my fin docs and letter or support from my side). So it might be difficult for the officer to do the math for her mother's account for the next application. But we will decide after her grade 11 if we want to try visitor again... :)

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
By the way, in the rejected application. I had uploaded zero financial documents from her parents (only reattached my fin docs and letter or support from my side). So it might be difficult for the officer to do the math for her mother's account for the next application. But we will decide after her grade 11 if we want to try visitor again... :)
How is it easy to do the math? By checking any ITRs against her mother's bank statement..... or else by verifying her mother's salary (if she is employed)... and other similar ways