+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Refused due to "Purpose of Visit"

einoc@qatar

Jun 2, 2017
Hello Everyone.

I just want to ask, what other documents you can show purpose of visit (tourism)

TRV was refused due to:
Purpose of Visit
Other Reason: Insufficient Evidence of Valid I-20 and Academic Standing

For the other reason, that was mistake on our part as we forget to submit that but we are able to.

Now for the purpose of visit, what can we submit other that flight and hotel bookings as we are travelling for tourism purposes only.

Also, I am not sure if this is a factor but in the online eligibility checklist, we mentioned that we have a family member that is a CAN Citizen (Brother/Uncle) but we did not provide any documents related to him because he is not living in Canada (he's an investor).

Details:
Nationality: Jordan
Residence: USA (Student) and Qatar Resident
VO: Abu Dhabi

Thank you in advance.

einoc@qatar

Jun 2, 2017
Did you submit a daily agenda if you say your purpose of visit was tourism?
No, I did not.

I only submit the flight bookings and hotel bookings showing that I will be in Montreal from this date to this date (1 week) and in Toronto from this date to this date (10 days).

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
No, I did not.

I only submit the flight bookings and hotel bookings showing that I will be in Montreal from this date to this date (1 week) and in Toronto from this date to this date (10 days).
Then that's one reason why they weren't convinced of your purpose of visit. Prepare a daily agenda of your trip.

einoc@qatar

Jun 2, 2017
Then that's one reason why they weren't convinced of your purpose of visit. Prepare a daily agenda of your trip.
Thank you. I will do that.
What else do you suggest I should add?

For flights and hotel, does it have to be a ticketed bookings?or the bookings are fine? What i submit was just booking and I was planning to purchase all once I have a confirmation of visa approval.

Also, is an invitation letter really a must or an added points (if you put it that way :) )? I have a friend in Canada but I will not be visiting her because her residence is far that's why I did not ask for an invitation from her. Do you think I should ask her now?
Thanks

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thank you. I will do that.
What else do you suggest I should add?

For flights and hotel, does it have to be a ticketed bookings?or the bookings are fine? What i submit was just booking and I was planning to purchase all once I have a confirmation of visa approval.

Also, is an invitation letter really a must or an added points (if you put it that way :) )? I have a friend in Canada but I will not be visiting her because her residence is far that's why I did not ask for an invitation from her. Do you think I should ask her now?
Thanks
Bookings are fine. You are not advised to purchase flights or hotels until the visa is approved.

Invitation letters are optional. If you won't be visiting that friend, you don't have to.

I have nothing else to add, honestly. I've seen some cases where they just added the daily agenda when they reapplied after getting refused and they got approved.

einoc@qatar

Jun 2, 2017
Bookings are fine. You are not advised to purchase flights or hotels until the visa is approved.

Invitation letters are optional. If you won't be visiting that friend, you don't have to.

I have nothing else to add, honestly. I've seen some cases where they just added the daily agenda when they reapplied after getting refused and they got approved.
Thanks for the advise. Appreciate it.

anirudh0326

Jun 23, 2017

I applied for a visitor visa online. I will be heading to the US on a Student visa, and from there I intend to travel to Toronto for a week and return to US as my classes will start. In my visa application, I have included my US visa scan, my flight tickets to US, my university I-20 and acceptance letter which also states the date classes commence. I will be staying in Toronto with a friend who is studying there and I got an invitation letter from him along with his university related documents, study permit and passport scan. His address and contact details are mentioned in the invite letter and in my cover letter. Since I did not provide any daily agenda as I am going to visit my friend, do you think it could be a problem? Will the other documents I provided suffice?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied for a visitor visa online. I will be heading to the US on a Student visa, and from there I intend to travel to Toronto for a week and return to US as my classes will start. In my visa application, I have included my US visa scan, my flight tickets to US, my university I-20 and acceptance letter which also states the date classes commence. I will be staying in Toronto with a friend who is studying there and I got an invitation letter from him along with his university related documents, study permit and passport scan. His address and contact details are mentioned in the invite letter and in my cover letter. Since I did not provide any daily agenda as I am going to visit my friend, do you think it could be a problem? Will the other documents I provided suffice?
Since you had already applied, you can only wait and see if it will be approved.

Dr.Mehanathan

Jul 2, 2017
Hi Greeting from Srilanka
I'm a dentist in Srilanka applied for TRV under the category of tourism with all my family members and got refused only under the reason of " purpose of visit "
If I'm re applying what shall I add more

For the information in my previous application have attached a invitation letter of my cousin too

Regards
Dr Mehanathan

Pammis1985

Oct 2, 2017
Hello Everyone.

I just want to ask, what other documents you can show purpose of visit (tourism)

TRV was refused due to:
Purpose of Visit
Other Reason: Insufficient Evidence of Valid I-20 and Academic Standing

For the other reason, that was mistake on our part as we forget to submit that but we are able to.

Now for the purpose of visit, what can we submit other that flight and hotel bookings as we are travelling for tourism purposes only.

Also, I am not sure if this is a factor but in the online eligibility checklist, we mentioned that we have a family member that is a CAN Citizen (Brother/Uncle) but we did not provide any documents related to him because he is not living in Canada (he's an investor).

Details:
Nationality: Jordan
Residence: USA (Student) and Qatar Resident
VO: Abu Dhabi

Thank you in advance.

Hello,
Did u end up reapplying and if yes, what was the result?

Mairaj

Dec 20, 2017
Hi

I applied for TRV family visa this month Jan 2018. But I got Refused letter today by saying that from all the list of refusal letter.. × ( purpose of visit.) I have given my all documents, Bank statement Bank letter, CA letter property valuation letter, business licence, cover letter, Declaration for my family support. And my family and friend invitation letter. What else they want to satisfy Them.

Plz help me and advice me with the best satisfaction cover letter format.

Plz plz plz help me

Just going crazy coz the reson what they told me is :- ( Purpose of visit. ) even after my Explanation of visit.

Should I re-apply Again with the new cover/explanation letter of visit.

Plz Advice me.

Thanks

Regards

And ya I even mention the places of visit
But the the daily plans.. plz plz plz help me what could be the reason.
And what should I do..

Mairaj

Dec 20, 2017
It's was a month plan I even uploaded my flight tickets
I submitted on line.. should re- apply online again or by VFS. (MANUAL)

THANKS