+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV refused after 3 hour delibration. Apply again or give up?

liqourmaster

May 18, 2014
Hello, my TRV application was refused after ~3 hours of business hours at the Manila office. Our purpose of visit was to complete a wedding ceremony in Vancouver. The applicant is a Chinese national, working in Korea. The spouse is a Canadian national, studying in Korea.

The reasons for refusal are as follows:
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident.
(1) Travel history
(2) Family ties in Canada
(3) Limited employment prospects

What more can we add to prove to them otherwise? The documents we have submitted regarding these three reasons are as follows:

(1) Travel history
-Passport with pages of stamps and 2 Korean student visas. Stamp of 3 day visit to Thailand
-Korean Alien Registration Card, proving status as worker in Korea

-Notarized translation of receipt of civil marriage in Korea
-Photographs of the couple's travels all throughout Korea, Shanghai, and Bangkok
-Canadian national's certificate of attendance at the school
-Canadian national's Korean Alien Registration Card, proving status as student in Korea
-E-Tickets of both applicant and spouse's flight to and from Vancouver (same flight, same booking company, etc., don't know if this is considered family ties or Travel history... But regardless, [expensive~~~~~~] evidence of intention to leave Canada on expected date)

-Certification of Leave of Absence (letter from employer, annual salary stated)
-Notarized translation of Annual Salary Contract
-Certification of Employment
-Statement Inquiry from Bank (proof of earning money monthly, as there are no payslips)

Are there any more documents I can add to change their mind otherwise? Or should I give up and try again next year? Would a marriage certificate help? We are unable to attain this as we are both foreigners in Korea, but could get it in China. Or should we just go the immigration sponsorship route, even though that was not our original plan.

nurseph

Jun 6, 2014
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 5, 2014
Passport Req..
June 6, 2014
liqourmaster said:
Hello, my TRV application was refused after ~3 hours of business hours at the Manila office. Our purpose of visit was to complete a wedding ceremony in Vancouver. The applicant is a Chinese national, working in Korea. The spouse is a Canadian national, studying in Korea.

The reasons for refusal are as follows:
You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident.
(1) Travel history

What more can we add to prove to them otherwise? The documents we have submitted regarding these three reasons are as follows:

(1) Travel history
-Passport with pages of stamps and 2 Korean student visas. Stamp of 3 day visit to Thailand
-Korean Alien Registration Card, proving status as worker in Korea

-Notarized translation of receipt of civil marriage in Korea
-Photographs of the couple's travels all throughout Korea, Shanghai, and Bangkok
-Canadian national's certificate of attendance at the school
-Canadian national's Korean Alien Registration Card, proving status as student in Korea
-E-Tickets of both applicant and spouse's flight to and from Vancouver (same flight, same booking company, etc., don't know if this is considered family ties or Travel history... But regardless, [expensive~~~~~~] evidence of intention to leave Canada on expected date)

-Certification of Leave of Absence (letter from employer, annual salary stated)
-Notarized translation of Annual Salary Contract
-Certification of Employment
-Statement Inquiry from Bank (proof of earning money monthly, as there are no payslips)

Are there any more documents I can add to change their mind otherwise? Or should I give up and try again next year? Would a marriage certificate help? We are unable to attain this as we are both foreigners in Korea, but could get it in China. Or should we just go the immigration sponsorship route, even though that was not our original plan.

If I were on your shoe, I would reapply again. The first time I applied, I got this refusal reason:
I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated
purpose in going to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.

I then reapplied the next day and got an approval. I did upload the same documents but added our Land Title, OR/CR of our Car and to think of I did not upload any bank documents but only my Certificate of Employment showing my Annual Income of less than 200k Pesos :) I guess I might be lucky with the CIC who reviewed my documents.

liqourmaster

May 18, 2014
Hello nurseph, thank you for replying. It seems to me that the addition of your Land Title seems to have helped you a lot. May I ask was this Land Title under your name or under your parents' (or some other relatives)? The reason I ask is because though we have no Land Title under our name, the applicant's parents do have assets worth over $100,000CAD, so I'm wondering if we add (1) proof of relation to parents + (2) parents' Land Title will help our case.

Adding this may wade their fears of "Family Ties in Canada" but still does not help (1) Travel History or (2) Limited employment prospects in country of residence.

nurseph

Jun 6, 2014
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 5, 2014
Doc's Request.
June 5, 2014
Passport Req..
June 6, 2014
Hi I am still 24 so basically I don't have any assets yet under my name so I used my parents Land Title :) Wishing you luck in your visa application journey.