+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV Refused - "A TRP HAS BEEN APPROVED FOR EARLY ADMISSION"

Ysiraj32

Aug 19, 2018
Hi Guys,

Needed your support/guidance if anyone has faced any similar experience through their application process.

Me and my wife are valid PR holders and applied for a TRV for newborn child in July stating our intentions to move now permanently. Over two weeks ago, I received an email from my Visa Office (Abu Dhabi) mentioning that the child needs to do a medical examination and after 3 days got an email stating that the child requires a TRP and requested to pay 200 CAD. A new application ID was now assigned (obviously different from the earlier TRV application filed).

We were unable to upload the receipt for payment made as per the instructions stated in the payment email. Hence, I notified IRCC via multiple webforms mentioning the same. Yesterday (after 2 weeks), I got a reply from IRCC saying - "We acknowledge receipt of the payment made. Thank you". Furthermore, the TRV filed earlier got refused and the reason mentioned is "A TRP HAS BEEN APPROVED FOR EARLY ADMISSION".

Since this TRP was not filed from my end, it is not appearing in my GC key dashboard or anywhere. I just have an application ID, that was provided during the correspondence emails for medical and fee payment. I do not have any visibility over this application ID whatsoever.

Any advice please?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Guys,

Needed your support/guidance if anyone has faced any similar experience through their application process.

Me and my wife are valid PR holders and applied for a TRV for newborn child in July stating our intentions to move now permanently. Over two weeks ago, I received an email from my Visa Office (Abu Dhabi) mentioning that the child needs to do a medical examination and after 3 days got an email stating that the child requires a TRP and requested to pay 200 CAD. A new application ID was now assigned (obviously different from the earlier TRV application filed).

We were unable to upload the receipt for payment made as per the instructions stated in the payment email. Hence, I notified IRCC via multiple webforms mentioning the same. Yesterday (after 2 weeks), I got a reply from IRCC saying - "We acknowledge receipt of the payment made. Thank you". Furthermore, the TRV filed earlier got refused and the reason mentioned is "A TRP HAS BEEN APPROVED FOR EARLY ADMISSION".

Since this TRP was not filed from my end, it is not appearing in my GC key dashboard or anywhere. I just have an application ID, that was provided during the correspondence emails for medical and fee payment. I do not have any visibility over this application ID whatsoever.

Any advice please?
your visa office switched your application from TRV to TRP. It is good news you’ve been approved as long as you complete the medicals. Have you received an email requesting medicals?

Ysiraj32

Aug 19, 2018
your visa office switched your application from TRV to TRP. It is good news you’ve been approved as long as you complete the medicals. Have you received an email requesting medicals?
As mentioned, received medical request which was completed and submitted in 2 days and following to that received request for trp payment of 200 cad. These events took place 2 weeks ago. There was silence until yesterday when they replied back to my web form raised and cancelled my trv. But no news of trp still.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
As mentioned, received medical request which was completed and submitted in 2 days and following to that received request for trp payment of 200 cad. These events took place 2 weeks ago. There was silence until yesterday when they replied back to my web form raised and cancelled my trv. But no news of trp still.
You should get PPR soon give it a few weeks although it may be earlier.

Reactions: Ysiraj32

Jenny1998

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
Guys I need your help.my work permit is now 15months now no result.august 2021 when I did my medical exam it says I passed the medical exam now saying we do not need medical exam we send you message if this changes.i don't know what to do .

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Guys I need your help.my work permit is now 15months now no result.august 2021 when I did my medical exam it says I passed the medical exam now saying we do not need medical exam we send you message if this changes.i don't know what to do .
please start your own thread

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
What's a TRP?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011

Bornlucky

May 15, 2018
Thanks! But it's saying if you're inadmissible then they might make an exception for you and give you the TRP but from the original post, didnt3 say anything about the child being inadmissible so on what grounds was the child issued TRP? Thanks!
Hi,

The inadmissibility is seeking to come to Canada permanently without having a permanent resident's visa.

If a decision-maker sees someone with compelling reasons seeking to gain early admission to Canada in order to reside there permanently, they cannot issue a temporary resident visa (they aren't going for a temporary purpose).

You're right that there has to be an inadmissibility and that's the legal preface for issuing the TRP here. Canada has a requirement for permanent residents to be screened outside of Canada and then any number of policies providing exceptions to the rule.

quami

Mar 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 Mar 2011
Nomination.....
Dec 2010
AOR Received.
28 Mar 2011
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
23 June 2011
Med's Done....
04 July 2011
Passport Req..
22 Aug 2011
VISA ISSUED...
17 Oct 2011
LANDED..........
12 Nov 2011
Hi,

The inadmissibility is seeking to come to Canada permanently without having a permanent resident's visa.

If a decision-maker sees someone with compelling reasons seeking to gain early admission to Canada in order to reside there permanently, they cannot issue a temporary resident visa (they aren't going for a temporary purpose).

You're right that there has to be an inadmissibility and that's the legal preface for issuing the TRP here. Canada has a requirement for permanent residents to be screened outside of Canada and then any number of policies providing exceptions to the rule.
Thanks for explaining this. I wonder if this will be the same case for my friend. Both parents have work visas and were found eligible for permanent residence, same with the child, pending 2 years of work experience under principal applicant's immigration stream.

Problem right now is, they are unable to leave since their child wasn't given a visa so they applied for TRV..

Now, I'm wondering if same thing will happen to them, if the child will be given TRP..