+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

TRV refusal help

Greasewheel

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
I have just completed my request for the case notes. Thank you people for letting me know this was an option. I will continue to monitor this thread, so anybody wanting to add their two cents would be appreciated. Cheers.

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
Greasewheel said:
I am not sure about this trade license but I think not. She told me that all she could provide was a tax number/document. There is an issue with the owner of the building not wanting to give her some documentation she needed because he is hiding something from the government, and because he is giving her very favorable conditions on her lease I do not see this changing.
Her travel history is only within SE Asia to countries that don't require Thais to have a visa. Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam. All these trips were with me.
As far as assets go, she has her new motorbike and a parcel of land in her home province which she was able to supply title to.
A license is a must to operate a business in most cases.
This is stated in CIC:

My father's visa was refused first time. He is a small businessman of cloths.
Next time, he applied with business license, visa was approved this time.

Check what legal documents she needs to operate her business:
https://www.export.gov/article?id=Thailand-Licensing-Requirements-for-Professional-Services

hassan.arif

Star Member
Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2015
LANDED..........
04-09-2015
Hi all,

My parents got rejection today for TRV application within 6days of submission.

Reasons:
1. Not leave Canada after end of visit,
2. Travel History,
3. Family ties in Canada and in country of residence.

Brief overview of application:
1. Travel history: My parents have a visit to Saudia Arabia in 2009, mentioned that in schedule-1 and they came back in time(mentioned in explanation letters). In addition to this in 1980's my father visited Canada for 10 weeks and went back(mentioned this visit in explanation letter only with pictures of old passport because it is more than 20 years old).
2. Finance : Showed good funds with present employment earnings.
3. Relationship with me: showed passport and my birth certificate.
4. Purpose of visit: showed official university invitation for parents.
5. Invitation letter: i wrote a letter addressing every thing mentioned on cic website for invitation letter. I am working full time in NOC B, renting a 2 bedroom apartment, etc....
6. Ties back home: My dad took letter from present employer and get it printed with a leave of 3 weeks, tax paying certificate, salary stubs, pension letters. My brother lives in Pakistan, showed his attachment with dad, my dad own some property showed rent of them,etc

I am fail to understand why my parents got rejection and both father&mother got same reasons.

I will appreciate your help in this case.

Thank you

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
hassan.arif said:
Hi all,

My parents got rejection today for TRV application within 6days of submission.

Reasons:
1. Not leave Canada after end of visit,
2. Travel History,
3. Family ties in Canada and in country of residence.

Brief overview of application:
1. Travel history: My parents have a visit to Saudia Arabia in 2009, mentioned that in schedule-1 and they came back in time(mentioned in explanation letters). In addition to this in 1980's my father visited Canada for 10 weeks and went back(mentioned this visit in explanation letter only with pictures of old passport because it is more than 20 years old).
2. Finance : Showed good funds with present employment earnings.
3. Relationship with me: showed passport and my birth certificate.
4. Purpose of visit: showed official university invitation for parents.
5. Invitation letter: i wrote a letter addressing every thing mentioned on cic website for invitation letter. I am working full time in NOC B, renting a 2 bedroom apartment, etc....
6. Ties back home: My dad took letter from present employer and get it printed with a leave of 3 weeks, tax paying certificate, salary stubs, pension letters. My brother lives in Pakistan, showed his attachment with dad, my dad own some property showed rent of them,etc

I am fail to understand why my parents got rejection and both father&mother got same reasons.

I will appreciate your help in this case.

Thank you
1. For travel history, write it in a tabular format in a separate document, mention start-end date, destination, purpose of travel and passport number. Attach photocopies of passports with visa and entry-exit stamps as proof.
2. What is your assumption of good fund? For 2, it should not be less than 15-20k CAD. Show bank statement of past 6 months.
3. They need to show marriage certificate as well.
4. What is official invitation? Convocation? Then you have to show your program completion letter as well. Also attach documents for your convocation.
5. Write a strong invitation letter. Why you want them here, how they have sacrificed for you and you want pay back. You want to show them beautiful Canada. Make some trip plan and day by day itinerary during their stay. Attach your driving license or utility bill as your proof of residence. Show your bank balance as well and your employment letter along with your tax returns in Canada.
6. If your father owns property, get CA evaluation of that.
And finally don't ask for visa more than a month for this purpose.
Remember, CIC will not believe your words without acceptable documents.

My parents were rejected first time also, then I improved the application quality like above said and they got it second time.
Best of luck :)

hassan.arif

Star Member
Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2015
LANDED..........
04-09-2015
Thank you. It really helped me to brain storm ideas to cover rejection reasons.

1. For travel history, write it in a tabular format in a separate document, mention start-end date, destination, purpose of travel and passport number. Attach photocopies of passports with visa and entry-exit stamps as proof.

I did exactly the same, missed only passport number in table attached in application.

2. What is your assumption of good fund? For 2, it should not be less than 15-20k CAD. Show bank statement of past 6 months.

Yes it was good and attached past 6 months statement of running accounts

3. They need to show marriage certificate as well.

Yup it was a part of check list.

4. What is official invitation? Convocation? Then you have to show your program completion letter as well. Also attach documents for your convocation.

Thanks i will attached my transcript stating that program is complete in next application.

5. Write a strong invitation letter. Why you want them here, how they have sacrificed for you and you want pay back. You want to show them beautiful Canada. Make some trip plan and day by day itinerary during their stay. Attach your driving license or utility bill as your proof of residence. Show your bank balance as well and your employment letter along with your tax returns in Canada.

I didnot attached day by day plan.....though i wrote a plan that what would do, made an emotional letter that i need them on this day, attached all my financial things plus employment.... Well, i will improve my invitation letter this time.

6. If your father owns property, get CA evaluation of that.
And finally don't ask for visa more than a month for this purpose.
Remember, CIC will not believe your words without acceptable documents.

I will try to produce evidence for every word i write this time.

Thanks a lot really appreciate your help.

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
hassan.arif said:
Thanks a lot really appreciate your help.
One final note, property evaluation is very important. it proves your country tie.
Showing monthly rent doesn't prove you own the property.
Go to some Chartered Account, they will verify all the deeds and evaluate the property value. That will also give your parents stronger financial ground.

hassan.arif

Star Member
Aug 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
ISLAMABAD
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
19-05-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
UPFRONT
VISA ISSUED...
06-08-2015
LANDED..........
04-09-2015
Sure i will ensure to get it done. Thanks again

Greasewheel

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
riasat.abir said:
A license is a must to operate a business in most cases.
This is stated in CIC:

My father's visa was refused first time. He is a small businessman of cloths.
Next time, he applied with business license, visa was approved this time.

Check what legal documents she needs to operate her business:
Sorry I didn't realize this had jumped to a 2nd page.
I think my gf had tried to get one of these documents but was told that because she provided a service
as opposed to selling a product she could not get one. I will check with her again.
Thanks again.

Greasewheel

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
So I talked to my girlfriend today about the license for her business and the situation is as I stated before. For her to get the license the building's owner would need to supply the house book for the property. He has refused on many occasions to want to do this. He is hiding something from the authorities and since he is also giving my gf a sweetheart deal on the rent I cannot see this changing in the near future.
So is this a deal breaker? Would it be possible to get some of her long time customers to notarize a document saying that she has been in business there nearly 20 years?

Secondary to this approach. Would our chances of success be enhanced if we were engaged?

Thanks for any and all advice.

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
Greasewheel said:
So I talked to my girlfriend today about the license for her business and the situation is as I stated before. For her to get the license the building's owner would need to supply the house book for the property. He has refused on many occasions to want to do this. He is hiding something from the authorities and since he is also giving my gf a sweetheart deal on the rent I cannot see this changing in the near future.
So is this a deal breaker? Would it be possible to get some of her long time customers to notarize a document saying that she has been in business there nearly 20 years?

Secondary to this approach. Would our chances of success be enhanced if we were engaged?

Thanks for any and all advice.
CIC doesn't care if her landlord is hiding something or not. For my parents first refusal, I ordered the gcms notes and found in the officers comment that he doesn't think my father is 'bf' (bona fide) candidate. Think from the perspective of the visa officer. Without official documents he is not obliged to believe anything. Some people even forges documents to come to Canada.
Not sure how engagement helps, vo may think she'll not leave Canada after that.
But if you marry, you can sponsor her, then it will be easier for her.
Wait for the gcms notes to arrive, then you'll have clearer idea.

Greasewheel

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Hello again. I received the case notes and 3 items were mentioned that contributed to her refusal. Indeed not having the proper business documents were cited along with low bank account (~200,000 Baht) I don't know why this would be an issue as I had already agreed to cover her costs. Also my gf had applied for a French visa twice in a month span last year and refused. Her well-to-do Godmom had a 2 for 1 travel offer through her company and her husband could not go, so my gf was invited. Immigration officer noted she was hiding these refusals but my gf said she was never asked.
Any way we have another application currently being processed where we have tried to address these items. Hopefully it will be successful.
While I am here, our application has requested a month stay. If we are successful in obtaining the Visa would it be a bad idea to stretch out her stay to 6 weeks?

Greasewheel

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
Bump.
I will soon be finding out if my Visa application for my girlfriend is approved or not.
So I would like to pose this question again.
On my letter of invite we have asked for a 1 month visit.
Would it cause any problems down the road if we were to extend the length of her stay by a couple weeks?
Thanks for any feedback.

Greasewheel

Star Member
Apr 25, 2017
I will bump this again.
We submitted an application asking for my Thai girlfriend to visit me for a month.
If we were to extend that time period by a couple weeks after the fact, would it cause a problem the next time we apply?
Thanks in advance.